Register now to get rid of these ads!

$1,000 reward

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoKanMan, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

I agree with you 100% porkbeaner. Although I'm a teacher, I do not convey what I'm trying to say well at times.

2. Big difference between molding clay and chipping away at granite. ;)

3. Nice!

I think I just found a new signature line.

4. It ain't copy writed.

Hey I'm supposed to be cleaning house but I wanna tell a story. Can I tell a story? Well I going to anyway.

When I was real little my big sis and I had these Eskimo Pies at the races. Her's got a yellow jacket on it and she got stung on the lip. Well I guess she must be a little alergic 'cause she swelled up like a poisened pup.

The reason I remember aside from her looking pretty funny was that when she got better she wasn't mad at the yellow jacket because she said it was a really good eskimo pie.

yea yea I know what does that have to do with the price of tea in China; nuthin' I just wanted to tell it and you fellas were available.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  5. Buzznut

Buzznut

I get the being pissed off part, and when you come back to your hot rod and see OBVIOUS damage and you don't see a note or anything, your mind automatically goes to the fact that NO ONE fessed up, which easily equates in our minds to INTENTIONALLY inflicted damage. Obviously someone didn't fess up to this mess.

However, there is NO WAY in hell that the damage is intentional. The walking away without accepting responsibility IS, but the damage is accidental. I can't imagine someone keying a car and skipping over a fin as though they were racing a hotwheel across the body and it "jumped" the fin like a ramp. These pictures tell the story and your adjuster is an idiot IMO. I'd be willing to bet that you could line all those scratches up by site and they would follow a fairly smooth curve or line and a predictable path...just as thought the wind picked up a pop-up and blew it in a predictable trajectory.

I'd lose the "definitely intentional" position and focus on finding out who's pop-up it was and who neglected to properly secure it.

6. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

I agree with you. This was a mess. The focus is who did it.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I saw a couple of 'skaters' fly thru the air, and ride up the trunk, over the top, and down the hood of a late model Northstar type Caddy last summer.
    Headed 'em off, stopped 'em, called 911... held 'em 'til the local police showed up.
    They were 'skating' on concrete, however. Hard press to do that off dirt.

My youngest daughter told me she knew them, and they considered me a 'dick'.
    She told them they were skatin' on thin ice...

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how could anyone think that was not some sort of wind blown accident? this whole thread is a joke.

9. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I wouldnt call this thread a joke, At the very least, Ryan and the track owner stepped up to help figure this out, While you may be right that it was not a key job, to say its a joke... is a joke!

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's the point. got Ryan and the Track owner involved, made it a sticky, got people looking through all thier pictures and video and 15 people in this thread are now going to have to kick a pop-up shade things ass.

photos of the damage should have been in the first post.

11. I agree with the majority here...........EZ UP damage. Saw lots of it at Bonneville. We had wind last year and this year. Doesnt take much.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I was standing next to one of those pop ups at a swap meet when it took off, it was like 3 feet off the ground and just by luck I reached out and grabbed it. this one was weighted down even.

13. davidh73750

davidh73750

Sorry to hear this. I remember you guys pulling in that stx. the color stood out to me.

14. My friend Mick got some deep marks on the hood of his 60 starliner from a tent being lifted the last month. nice thing the owner stepped up to the plate.

15. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

If this is the damage these tents do to cars,imagine getting hit in the face,i'd do something before that happens,if it can happen,it will,but i pray it doesn't!

16. grabrr

grabrr

I agree with that, but someone knew their tent blew over, or some good person set it back up without the easy-up owner knowing. If it was intentional, that's a whole other thing.....
    It's sucks any way you look at it, you don't expect that anything will happen to your car, when you are around a bunch of car guys...But now days, people lose parts off their cars at cruise nights..so it's easy to jump the gun.

17. Im surprised no one has said, someones ezy up will have red paint on its hard parts.

18. The insurance adjuster just wanted an easy out. He knew better. To claim wind damage would have required proof and would have caused more grief for his client.

19. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

A little storm blew through at the Round up this year (and every other year it seems) And I watched those EZ folding like wet noodles. Stake those fuckers down when your at a show guys! Does'nt change the fact whoever let this happen probably is just a chicken shit and comfortable to turn the blind eye. Probably looked saw no one noticed, and said fuck it... I'll say it again, what goes around comes around. They will get whats coming to em. Sorry about your pops misfortune...

20. Now that's a signature!
    rofl

21. slammed

slammed

Uh, it could have blown down and away while the owner was gone. They could be unaware the damage done. Time to fix some paint and move on to something else.

22. Special Ed

Special Ed

"Could have?" Hahahahaha... is that anything like a "what if"? :D

23. slammed

slammed

ED! Long time no smell. In the forefront of the mind, yes.

24. Here's a not very light shot of the flat black 57 Plymouth on the parking
    lot at the Holiday Inn. A white background license plate. Just tossing
    it in as it was mentioned in a earlier post. No reflection on the owner.

[​IMG]

25. Post #82 The man basically said he could care less how it happened so let's leave it at that. Someone knows something and being at the H.A.M.B. Drags, there is a pretty damn good chance they are a member of the H.A.M.B.

So if you are the person that is responsible for whatever damaged that mans car, step forward and fess up. It is the only honorable thing to do.

26. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Let's try to get back to finding out what actually did happen here.

So far, Monkey has posted the clearest shot of the area close to where the Caddy was parked.

Starting from the left, the vehicles appear to be:
    Older Ford reg. cab pickup light blue/dark blue w/matching shell.
    Older over-cab motorhome, appears to be on Dodge van chassis.
    Late model Chevy/GMC full size long W/B window van, tan/gold metallic.
    Late model Ford F150 ext. cab grey w/fiberglass bed cover.
    Late model Nissan ext. cab pickup, Black.
    Late model reg. cab full size pickup, I can't I dentify it. Kind of a teal color.
    Chevy HHR, light silver, or possibly white.
    Late model Dodge Ram quad cab white, aluminum tool box.
    Late mode Dodge Ram quad cab black.

There are about 10 EZ up tents in the area.

Everyone that owns one of these vehicles needs to talk with everyone you were there with, and chime in with a statement of what was or wasn't seen.

There are about 40 people shown in this pick, that should have seen anything happen such as a sailing tent....and none have chimed in so far.
    Anyone recognize any of these people/vehicles?

We were parked just to the south of the semi trailer to the left of the picture on the west row. We were in the pits all afternoon, and saw nothing.

27. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

I was parked by the trailer in the background also. I didn't go any farther than my truck in the parking area. Took a ton of pics in the pits, but mainly of parked racers.

28. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

looks like a red 76 ish ford pickup, right next to the caddy too..

I'm like Magnum PI, only ugly, longer shorts, and i live with a chick, not higgins..

29. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Man, i have lots more pics of that area. I will look through tomorrow and try and post some more pics. I took pictures on bulletproof's truck bumper for an hour or so. I'll see if anything is more clear.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You fellas are driving me mad... It doesn't matter if it happened by way of tent or knife or... whatever... That is not at all the point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.