Register now to get rid of these ads!

Had a weird car sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RDAH, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

:d:d:d:d

2. I live in AZ and am going to go to Laughlin, NV tonight. Do I need a passport now? :confused:

3. bwahahahahahah thats fkn awesome! you would shit indeed!:D

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Yes!

5. Thanks Sherriff Joe. :D

6. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Hope it goes well.

Seems like every time my buddy sells a car he sells it to sombody out of state/country and they wire money adn then a few weeks later a truck comes by and off it goes.

7. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

The winner of the "Best Post of this thread" category goes to VoodooTwin! :)

8. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Thanks ragtoprides good post.

9. Don't know for sure. I no longer pass though AZ as I don't carry a pass port, or birth certificate and a driver liscence is not proof of American Citizenship. I have no desire to live in tent city.:rolleyes:

10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

11. Markgyver

Markgyver

I have had local car sales with minorities that dont ask any questions just come buy look at the car and hand over cash, no test drives, haggling or anything, so im not sure if its a comunication issue or what but imho its the best kind of sell.

12. 5window

5window

Of course! Local sale=look each other in the eye whole shaking hands and dealing in cash-the best. I've got no problem with minorities-we all were one one-FNG's in nothing else. The OP has the cash and the car, so we'll plan on it all working out..

13. 5window

5window

Continued best wishes-you're right,it's not what you make, it's what you net.

14. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

The car was picked up yesterday. 8 days after I received the money. The hauler told me that he is taking it to Ca. to be put in a container. Got an e-mail from the buyer in Arizona today that the car is headed to Japan from Ca. I'd like to thank everyone for their posts on this sale. Yes, even what I called, 'dooms day guys" you made me ask more questions about this transaction at my bank to make sure everything was good to go.

15. Like I said earlier... all car sales are weird until cash is in hand and the car is off your driveway. Glad it worked out for you.

Bob

16. 5window

5window

Great!

17. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Keep us posted, please.....
    4TTRUK

18. Piercearrow32

Piercearrow32
    from Michigan

It could take as long as 30 days for the money to clear.

19. ac0j

ac0j

I had a wire transfer to me fail after 8 days. Wasn't a lot of money less than $100. The guy wrote a check for the wire transfer on a bank in hawaii I think?, they wired the funds to my account, it took 8 days to find out the check bounced, the money was removed from my account.

20. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

This post will cause RDHA some grey hair! lolololol. I'm sure everything will be fine and the Japanese Indian will be happy too.

21. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Who in their right mind would post on the net that he made 3/5 mill a year..

22. That's great LMFAO. I am sure that by now if there was a problem we would have heard about it.

23. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Everything is OK. When doing money transfers from their bank to your bank, his bank is responsible for making sure the funds are there to send to your bank.

24. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

texasred. goggle even told how many employees he had & what kind of business he ran.

25. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

You can get tons of good info off that goggle sight. Google on the other hand, sucks. :p:D

26. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

General Bohtu Timbu........

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

Just to let everyone know it's been 2 months & I still have the money, {well most of it} & some guy in Japan is hopefully tearing up the streets by now. Some of the money is going towards finishing my 54 F100.

28. Hotik

Hotik
    from Usa

Hi there.. My story of car buying. Once I was kind a like buyer like in first post described. (I'm from estonia). I found a car from here - h.a.m.b. Then I was called to the seller.. first..he couldn't understand my english... bad accent :p I asked many questions about condition of the car.. and after that we conversed to email. He made a new account for transfer. To me, it was risky too - to send 100% of car value to usa. All my savings of the recent years :p And couple of weeks later the car trailer went to the car (transportation company). Then I waited about 4 months till the ship container arrived to here ("pig in a poke") :p But finally the car buying nightmare was over.

29. RDAH
    Glad it worked out. Thanks for updating us.

30. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

"Sniff, Sniff......" This doesn't pass the "smell test"................Be very wary...........

4TTRUK