Register now to get rid of these ads!

Giddings, Tx Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BootleggerMatt, Aug 1, 2012.

1. BootleggerMatt

BootleggerMatt

2. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Why wait 6 months for another swap meet.....I try and make all of them

3. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Looks like the weather will be great....low 90's during the day...low 70's at night

4. 53choptop

53choptop

Looking forward to this one. By the way (shot in the dark) I am looking for for 1936 Ford pickup 1/2 ton front fenders, [email protected] just in case any one runs into any.

5. detroitboy27

detroitboy27
    from katy, tx

6. 53choptop

53choptop

7. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

Going to the The THEM TX show the following weekend.

8. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm heading out tomorrow.....weather looks great

9. Moon4975

Moon4975
    from Texas

Its worth the drive for if I find something I have to have,I'am going to be there Sat. morning.

10. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I just got back from the swapmeet.....Close to 500 spaces sold this year...Its growing pretty good for such a new swapmeet.....I did good selling
    I'll be back next year

11. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

I did well too. It isn't very big yet, but I'll be back next year.

12. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

went there to see what it was like. I personally think it was a total waste of time. Not really much traditional hot rod stuff besides the guy with model t parts, the guy with the old model a stuff and some minor stuff here and there. surely not worth going atleast from my opinion.

13. junk man55

junk man55
    from elgin

GREAT SWAPMEET --found to many things i had to have --but still sold more than i bought---i found alot of hot rod stuff---it in my garage know==========

14. peddlr

peddlr

I only have one complaint... There was a vendor that had a dog who was pretty mean. It almost bit a couple of people when they walked by. I do know that when he was talked to about it. He put it in a pen. Then would let it out when they left. It even got loose once. Other than that, It was a great swap meet. I did really well. The BBQ on fri nite was a nice treat. Good crowds fri and sat. Even had enough sales this mornin to make it worthwhile for staying. All in all for me It was a good swapmeet.

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I drove by the fairgrounds there last weekend and hoped to be able to get there for the meet. I've heard nothing bad about the meet except the expected whines about weather, temperature. Give it a chance to grow, it is nice to see a meet run like the old days.

Surprised about the dog business! A shame to have to kill a dog because the owner is a bonehead but... He should have been thrown out of the meet and the dog taken to the pound for observation.

16. peddlr

peddlr

I agree that the owner probably should have been tossed out. But the promoters were trying to keep people happy and this is a vendor that has been there every year. I do know that he was told not to bring the dog back. As far as the dog, Fortunatly, It did not bite anyone, So there is no need to take it anywhere but home and leave it there.

17. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I enjoyed going even though I didn't buy much. It's not the best I've seen but still cool. I love swap meets. Mainly they help me to keep cranking on my projects so I can go find a new one. Nice talking to folks who love old cars like I do. I will go next year too.

18. Dessau

Dessau

It was a great swapmeet. I found some more items for my 1940's rail dragster that I am working on. The meet just keeps growing and getting better. My many thanks to the folks that put this meet together every year.

19. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

There was a 33 plymouth coupe with fenders that sold for $2200 dollars that was smoking deal.