Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kanter front end rebuilt kit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bloody Knuckle, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Bloody Knuckle

Bloody Knuckle

Has anyone here used one of their kits? Are they good quality? Complete kits? I need some opinions before I order. Thanks.

2. kustomd

kustomd

I Have used several of there kits and they were real good quality from what I could tell. One of my cars has been on the road with there front end kit for almost 13 years with no real problems. Infact its ready for a redo now. My car sat really low for about 10 of those years also with cut springs and the parts held up really well. But thats just my experience with them. I would definately order from them.

3. i just bought one for my 57 its still in the box waiting till my frame gets painted this winter

alittle pricey but it looks like good quality stuff

4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Used on of their kits on my 55 sunliner.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

All their stuff is N.O.S. from OLD warehouses they bought up in the last 40 years.
    I have received Moog front end parts, and one great salesmen of theirs supplied me with a set of 406 Ford rings. (GRANT!) Even Egge was out of stock. My other alternative was to use 428 and G.I. the ring lands...no thanks!
    Thank you, Brian at Kanter.

Kanter is a one stop deal. They usually have it, decently priced. And you don't have to waste time with Summit, Jegs, etc.

Hey! Did PAW belly up??? (Great prices on Hemi stuff...except 354 pistons...)

6. I purchased their complete rebuild kit for our '54 Ford Ranch Wagon and everything worked and fit like it should.

You couldn't ask for a better company to deal with. HRP

[​IMG]

7. Skirv

Skirv

I liked dealing with them but the rubber bushings in the idler arm they sold me for my 51 Mercury lasted less than six months before they fell completely apart.

8. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

not really expensive if you add it all up as apposed to finding this part here and that part there which adds time to your project that can be spent elsewhere.good quality ,the stuff ive got there.

9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I rebuilt the frontend in my 52 about 3 or 4 years ago. It's held up just fine and they had the best price around.

10. Did you just replace the idler arm bushings and not rebuild the rest of the suspension? HRP

11. Used their kit on my 50 Chevy. No complaints. Todd

12. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Me too. The rubber parts disintegrated but everything else was fine.

13. MrForty

MrForty
    from Tustin, CA

Just got their 47 Caddy complete front end kit. I have not installed it yet but everthing looks like the originals. The only issue I have is that the pictures on the web site are just generic and not actually whats in the kit. Be aware of that and call sales and ask what in the kit.

My only beef was the thin box it was shipped in was split on the side but all the parts where in a plastic bag so nothing was lost. They charged $60 for shipping. That included about $20 for putting it in a thin box.

14. Skirv

Skirv

I replaced everything HRP. I bought the kit from Kanter along with additional parts that were'nt included with the front end rebuild kit. Even the steering box and shocks were new.

15. i have bought a bunch of stuff from them and it has been fine, only problem read the description of what is included thoroughly some of their "complete" kits, are not.

16. It appears that Kanter must have some sort of problem with their Mercury idle arm bushings,,did you guys call Kanter and see what they have to say? HRP

17. Bloody Knuckle

Bloody Knuckle

Thanks everyone. Looks like they have a good kit.

18. teddyp

teddyp

I used thier kits on my 50 chevy ,58 ford ,65 caddy and 52 dodge all good good

19. Dakota Boy

Dakota Boy
    from Racine, WI

bought their front end kit for my '58 T-bird a couple winters ago.

no complaints.

20. bought all my '42 Poncho front end stuff from Kanter, highly recommended! complete, good quality and really nice guys! only the same small problem with the idler arm bushings, they just fell to pieces after half a year.