Register now to get rid of these ads!

School me on Cragar SS wheels.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesG, Jan 12, 2008.

1. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I have a set of 4, either 14 x6 or 7" . 4 1/2 and 4 3/4 unilug. They need rechomed though.

2. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

i love'em , just getting ready to order up a set for my 55 chevy truck , 15x4.5 for the front , 15x10 reversed in the back

3. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Think that's bad? Try tracking down a set of original Keystone Klasics that aren't pitted like James Edward Almos's face! Those poor things must have been cast with the pits already in them.

4. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

My buddy picked these rockets up at the long beach swap meet. You'd cry if you knew what he paid for em. He's running them on his 49 Chevy, sorry i don't have a better pic of the car finished but i included one so you can get an idea.

Attached Files:

5. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

What other styles did they make other than S/S & SST ? I bought a set at public auction. Marked cragar with center caps with black background that say cragar. They came off a 70's vette unilug with spacers. Sorry my camera is broke so I can't post a pic. Any help would be appreciated........

6. Cragars with wide whites...yuc...kinda like a chubby chick in a minny skirt and engineer boots.

7. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

I like the look of Cragars and WWW Tires. But hey, that's what makes this hobby great, who gives a rats ass what others like.

8. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

You've seen my car! :D

-Dave

9. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Thought I would post this here, rather than start a new thread.

I've always loved big radical tire and wheel combinations. Some of the late 60's and early 70's funny cars and dragsters ran some pretty big Cragar SS wheels. For instance, when the Snake and Mongoose Cuda and Duster funny cars debuted in 1970 (yellow & red cars), I've confirmed they ran 16x12 Cragars on the rear. I've always wondered what was the largest size SS Cragar ever made. For instance, some of the early 70's show cars like the Popcorn Wagon, Beer Wagon, and Boothill Express ran some huge Cragars on the rear. Anyone know what size those were? Were they custom made or widened? What about the rear wheels used on the Zingers? Those were pretty wide as well. Just curious about how some of those wheels came about and what ever happened to them.

Here's some examples of some big & wide Cragar SS wheels.

6768000239_9500b475cb_b.jpg CaspersBeerWagon.jpg Popcorn.jpg

7230163806_49a1139c13_b.jpg tansy15.JPG

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  10. Tripple G

Tripple G

Cragar Super Sports are one of my all-time favorites. I've got Keystones on my '78 Nova, they're similar but I wish they were Cragar SSs. In my opinion, they look good on just about anything you put'em on. It seems like the newer ones look slightly different than the old vintage ones? I think it's in the center S/S hub area where there's a variation?