Register now to get rid of these ads!

Power Issue ? '36 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintage Soul, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul

WHats up fellow hambers? I was hoping I could get some help. I've had this great old 36 pickup for a few weeks now and everything has been great. The previous owner went thru everything and did a very fine job. Thats the good news....

the bad news is this past weekend I started up the truck to go for an evening cruise and saw that the lights wouldnt turn on...also noticed that the brakelight would not turn on either...so I'm wondering what it could be? The truck is still on the 6 volt system and has a brand new battery..I'm a newbie to the early Fords and would love some help sorting out the problem..a friend throughout the idea that it might be a power issue.

Thanks in advance guys!!

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Its because your truck is female and you probably pissed her off!:D

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I just found this real quick for you to look over.. there is a fuse shown in the diagram jason, not sure where it might be on the truck though. check the firewall in the engine compartment..

Attached Files:

4. Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul

You're a bastard Matt..haha!

5. moefuzz

moefuzz

Well hopefully its not a feminazi
    :rolleyes:

6. Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul

This chart definitely helps thanks!

7. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

9 times out of 10 with electric problems it's a ground issue. But this one doesn't seem to be. :]'

Fuse under drivers side dash on firewall. Also check out the harness connect (light switch housing) at the bottom of the steering box hasn't come off. It has a bail wire that keeps it on the box. May have come loose.

[​IMG]

Bail part 3647
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  8. Vintage Soul

Vintage Soul

I will look into that thanks for the info and diagrams!