Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gday H.A.M.B.U.R.G.E.R.S

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jackho74, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jackho74

jackho74

I'm another Aussie from Sydney Australia, just found this site, my new favourite. Just bought a 1955 Dodge Kingsway sedan. yes I know its a moredoor but here in the land of Oz for some reason, 2 doors were not imported or produced in any make of car in any great numbers. Very very few american 2 door cars were sold new unless they were privately imported back then (rare) or have been imported since (expensive).
    So thats our drama here, (small price to pay to live in Gods Country)
    Anyway i digress, I travelled 600 miles to pick it up and bought it home and registered it the next day! Plans are to drive its wheels off with my 12 yr old son riding shotgun. Maybe view to a chop and two door conversion down the track. For the time being a lowering job and a cool exhaust for the 230 flatty will keep us cruisin'

Attached Files:

2. radgirl

radgirl

Hi fellow newbie! Your son will always treasure riding shotgun with you! Trust me, I rode shotty for years with my dad and loved it!

3. jackho74

jackho74

Thanks radgirl, yep, lookin' forward to it, unfortunately, I work on the opposite side of the country to my family, working in the mines in Western Australia, but that week off at home every month will be taken up with lots of cruisin' Rad handle by the way!

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome from the west coast of Florida.

Is that paint original to the car? If so it really looks to be in good shape.

Jimbo

5. Welcome to the hamb from iowa in the states n wish u n your young shotgunner happy cruisin!

6. jackho74

jackho74

Thanks Jimbo and Camel Toe, its had a few touchups over the years, but still wearing most of its original factory black paint. Its been in inland Australia all its life and has absoluteley no rust. The guy i got it off gave me 50 years worth of reciepts and invoices, including one for its valve radio 7 pounds odd, in 1958! and yes it still works! Even have the original purchase invoice.

7. Greetings from the states!