Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T...off to the hospital......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Just off to the hospital with MrsA32....she's having one, or maybe both knee's operated on today....

Keep her in your thoughts...

Thanks

2. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Crossing all me fingers for ya!

GOOD LUCK!

3. Shane T.

Shane T.

Consider it done.

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hope everything works out ok.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Wow, does this ever hit home. I've been battling bad knees for years. I've had both of them operated on multiple times. The doctors tell me there is nothing else they can do but replace them. I've had a lot of surgery in my life and have no desire to have any more but it looks like it's going to happen again sometime in the future. I'lll have both of you in my thoughts and prayers for the success of this procedure. Keep us informed how everything turns out.

Frank

6. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Our prayers are with you guys. I hope all goes well,and she recovers quickly. It's amazing what they can do nowadays. I'll be getting a new knee in sept.:D Sparky

7. tred

tred

my mother had her knees replaced with titanium models, and it was the best thing she ever did. she was/is battling arthritis for decades, she could not climb a flight of steps before the surgeries, and now, i swear, it has added years to her life. weird, but she's happier (obviously) and acts younger and more spritely. amazing what the physical condition does to the mental...

good luck to mrs a32!

let us know how it works out.

8. Good luck to you folks. Do what the Physical Therapist says to do and have a speedy recovery. I just had the minimum invasive surgery and it seems to be healing fine. Don't overdo…

9. TINGLER

TINGLER

I've only threatened to break my wife's kneecaps.

....you're one mean bastard. :eek:

I hope she has a speedy recovery. ;)

10. ian

ian

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery. Im crutch bound myself for the time being with a broken left foot...don't ask me how I broke it...but yea it's broke. Check my intro if need be, I'm not going to RE-embarass myself.;)

11. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

12. fastfrankie73

fastfrankie73

My wife had her knee fixed two years ago, it's fine now...But she still doesn't spend any time on them:rolleyes: :confused: :mad: . Good luck.

13. D Picasso

D Picasso

aw, geez, Dave.... anticipate it turns out jim-dandy. hope she's well quickly and that you're able to look after her and yourself. good power to both of you.

14. guiseart

guiseart

Good luck pal

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

16. We are back....they did a 'buy one, get one free' deal..... :eek:

Upshot is.......both knee's are repaired...for now, but there are a pair of 'Robo-knee's' in her future, thanks for all the good words, I'm gonna print this out & show her later when she comes round a bit more.

17. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

OUCH!! Dave, if you guys need anything dont hesitate to call.

Nick

18. Here's hoping for a successful and speedy recovery. It's amazing what modern medicine can do.

Good luck,

Joel

19. Thanks Nick, and everyone else, she's resting here at home now, gonna be sore as hell for a few day's, but Dr. Bob seemed hopeful for a speedy recovery. :D

20. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

saying a prayer for a speedy recovery right now, and for you as well as she most asuradly will be relying on you for much over the next few days. May God give you stength and comfort in Jesus's name amen.

21. RagDoll

RagDoll

She's been on my mind all day! Give her a hug from us. Don't hesitate to give us a ring if you need anything.

22. Will do Renee, and thanks :D

23. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

Glad to here it all went well. Does that mean the ransom's gone up.......to pay the bill.

24. Indeed it does Jim, storage fee's are expensive!

Quit typing & get the chocolate!

25. big jungle jim

big jungle jim

OK, OK, Cadbury's here i come........

26. Jim,

email or PM me your travel plans ok?

27. LIMEY

LIMEY

Give Ginger a hug from us too, hope she is recovering well!

& before you ask yes its 3.22am ........just come in from the workshop, pulled the motor apart but need to get it finished for the Hayride on friday.

Kev.

28. Mrs a32flathead

Mrs a32flathead

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words (and prayers) over the last week. I'm just off the painpills - well, it's not bedtime yet, so we'll see! :)

I've been up and about a bit, looking a bit like an old lady with my walker, but who cares... as long as it gives me a few more years on these worn out knees.

Thanks again!

Ginger

29. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

We would like to extend our sincere wishes for a speedy healing and recovery....best of luck to you both.
    Johnny & Kali

30. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Sounds like the Red Rider will once again be kickin Pommie bum!:D

xxx
    Brandy