Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs anybody recognize this car, or know if it was saved?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terry54999, Aug 20, 2012.

1. terry54999

terry54999
    from livonia mi

I found this in a boneyard across the street from the toledo airport in the early nineties, place was called "The Hog Farm" since it had a crazy number of hogs roaming the yard, The owner told me the car came out of detroit, and was a running driving car untill some clown with flame wrench set it ablaze. could have had the carcass for $500 but passed. Went back a year or so later to snatch it up and it was gone. nothing much left there last time I checked. scrapper got most of it. sure hope someone saved something from it. a very nice car in the day.

Attached Files:

2. truckrod

truckrod
    from akron,ohio

I was in a junk yard in swanton oh. called hog heaven, it was across from an airport. it was late 80s. looks like the same place.

3. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

Do you have any pics of this yard, I grew up on airport and have literally passed this 100 times, my old man used to no the guy personally but by the time I was old enough, he quit allowing public access and then about5 years ago they crushed most of the yard. I've always wondered what it was like in it's hay day

4. terry54999

terry54999
    from livonia mi

Thats the only pic I could find, the old guy that ran it passed away in the nineties. he had some cool stuff. there was a mountain of old motors, a shed full of carbs, with a ton of 94's and 97's but most of the cars were beyond all hope. the hogs would roam the yard in herds, kind of scary when they came at you. The old guy showed us his leg, where a hog took a peice of him. he was quite a character.

5. Don't know what happened to the car. I looked at it to restore a lot of years ago,but it was real bad. You could put your fingers through the metal it was so thin. Old guy said it was a Alexander Brothers car, but I dought it. would have been cool...

6. MoparBruce

MoparBruce

That was the old Pike Machinery Company. It's just an overgrown field of nothing now. Old man Pike told me (way back in the late 70's) he had "burned piles of 34 Fords" because no one wanted them and he was running out of room. Said he wished he could get them all back. I bought a t-boned 66 Chevelle from him not many years before he died. The yard was pretty cleaned out then, and I don't remember seeing it. Haven't heard of it or seen it around town either. Who knows........

7. terry54999

terry54999
    from livonia mi

I wish I would have bought it. There was enough there to recreate the car with a donor or two.