Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Empire Nostalgia Gold Cup / Gasser Racing / Largest Assembly of Nostalgia Gassers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carshopowner, Jul 22, 2012.

1. carshopowner

carshopowner

I'm going down again tomorrow night for Club racing and some additional tuning on the dragster.

Weather is now stated to be Mostly Sunny with a high on sat of 73 and sunday of 75.

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

Me and the bride will be there on Saturday .

3. Swade;
    That is the plan to set up in the pits.. They don't call it "camping"..

Rick
    ===============================================

4. masracingtd1167

masracingtd1167
    from ct

Glen I was reading one of your post's did you say that your egt was over 1300? Do you run on alcohol ? I would assume from the size of the jet's that you do.EGT'S for an alcohol motor should be in th 1100 range .

5. carshopowner

carshopowner

You are correct, we have been trying to get them lower but nothing works. The thought is they are reading alky burning in the exhaust, not the combustion chamber.

The spark plugs show NO HEAT.

6. masracingtd1167

masracingtd1167
    from ct

It sounds that way What about engine temp Will it build heat . If it won't build heat and the egt's are high I would guess it is way fat . What temp do you stage at and what is it at the end of the track . My car is injected but I like to stage at around 160 and at the end of the track it is around 180. If you see no temp increase at the end of the track would be another indication of too fat..

7. Tat2Power

Tat2Power

1st the Hardcore Happening and then drags?? That's the perfect weekend! See you Sunday!

8. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Looks like we are going, see you there.

9. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Looking forward to it! Only One more Day until Day 1 of the Drags! Won't make it Saturday, going to the Hardcore Happening! I never miss that event! I'll be there Racing on Sunday though! Can't wait!!!!

10. Jet and accelerator pump change tonight and loading up tomorrow for an afternoon arrival. Looks like I will not be staying over saturday night and just doing the hour long shuffle each day, but still can't wait !

11. LZ

LZ

The weather for the weekend looks Fabulous.:D:cool::)
    Cant wait.
    Luke

12. racemad55

racemad55

Any flea market or car show with the drags?

13. carshopowner

carshopowner

No, this is just a good time and drag racing. not saying that you cann't put stuff out for sale, but no organized.

14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Any guesstament how long they will be running Sunday? I may be able to make it out after 4pm JF

15. Eliminations don't start until 2:30 on Sunday so racing will go on long after 4pm. I'll be there tomorrow when the gates open. Gonna be a great weekend. I think I've gotten rid of all the gremlins in the car so hoping for some good et's.

16. carshopowner

carshopowner

Today Aug 17

[​IMG] 74<SUP>°F</SUP>
    51<SUP>°F</SUP>
    Morning Scattered T-Storms

<DL><DT>Chance of rain:</DT><DD>60%</DD></DL><DL><DT>Wind:</DT><DD>W at 12 mph </DD></DL>

Sat Aug 18

[​IMG] 74<SUP>°</SUP>
    52<SUP>°</SUP>
    Mostly Sunny

<DL><DT>Chance of rain:</DT><DD>10%</DD></DL><DL><DT>Wind:</DT><DD>WNW at 8 mph </DD></DL>

Sun Aug 19

[​IMG] 76<SUP>°</SUP>
    55<SUP>°</SUP>
    Partly Cloudy

17. carshopowner

carshopowner

Stop by I haven't seen you in a while, did you ever get the gremlins out of the band saw?

18. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend for the Drags! Loading up the trailers tonight... Can't wait to see all the Cool New Gassers that show up this year!

19. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

Count me in too!
    See you there.

20. The place is packed already, I arrived around 5:30 pm and couldn't believe how many cars were on the grounds ! The Canadians look to be in force, seen a few of the HAMBers made it out too.
    If you were second guessing about coming out don't do it and just get here, incredible is all I can say. I've been to Indy, Bowling Green and Thompson so I've seen some big shows and this one is on par !

21. carshopowner

carshopowner

Ok, I gave my camera to Luke and what a job he did. Please see the attached link to view all the pictures he took.

http://rochesterstreetrods.org/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=158

In the link if you click on the first picture it will enlarge it for you and then right below the blue bar you can select a time frame to view all the pictures in a slide show with out having to click on each picture to enlarge them.

I have placed a few below to wet your appetite.

He also took a video of my Pontiac sling shot running (unbelievably another Pontiac powered Sling shot) he ran a 5.530 and I ran a 5.533 in the video. I'll have to have a freind make a u-tube video of that as it is 125 Meg.

What a sight, two old school Pontiac dragsters side by side all the way down

We even had a back up girl the next day (for another car).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  22. violet springs

violet springs

Great pics, thanks for sharing.

23. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

great pic's. We couldn't make the event but hope to make one or two of empires next nostalgia shows.

24. carshopowner

carshopowner

Next Gasser race put on by the Gasser Serries is September 8, but it is not the Gold Cup (fifty cars total in the serries)

25. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

What a great event. I'll post pics soon!

26. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

We had a great time, lots of cool cars and great people putting on the event. Hope to see everyone again next year.

27. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

Those are my thoughts exactly!
    There were a lot of cool cars that I had never seen before. I'm sure I've never raced with that many 55, 56 and 57 Chevy Gassers.
    Congratulations to the winners, they had to go a lot of rounds against really tough competition so they deserve a bit of praise.
    Thanks to everybody that had a hand in organizing and running this fine event.

28. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Any time you get 50 gassers or nostalgic cars together for a day is a "Gold Cup" event in my opinion. Western NY and the Gasser Gang really have something special going on.:)

29. Man I had a great time and was only able to get a few shots right from my pit area. There was some breakage out there this weekend but the track crew kept the surface race ready ! I wonder how many bags of speedy dry they used ?
    One of the unlucky few

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and just the rest are pit shots

Americans
    [​IMG]

Canadians
    [​IMG]