Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ok so who's going to the KKOA Gorilla Stomp in Stevens Point Wi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kellys Hot Rod Parts, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Whos going to the Gorilla stomp in Point this weekend...Kellys Hot Rod parts will be there with our red tents full of parts stop in and say hey!!! Hope to see some of our new and old Friends there........Then its off to Rumblefest!!!!!

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

just you, me and T'ski?

3. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

And at least 200 of the neatest kustoms and rods in the upper midwest ....

4. A Boner

A Boner

Do many cars come over from the twin cities for this show? I didn't see any Minnesota license plates at Symco.

5. Just three cans of beer and we can turn out the lights...

6. Quintin

Quintin

i didnt see any min. plates at symco. but i did see plates from cali.....

7. Sounds like a good time.

8. bring all the cheep parts with so I can get trinkets
    suppose I better get up 5 am and try to make that foreign country of wisconsin:eek:

9. krooser

krooser

I hope to be there... not sure just yet...damn work may get in the way.

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Point Beer anyone? I always thought their candy red and blue cans were cool. Gary

11. Too Tall

Too Tall

I talked to a few people at Symco Shakedown last weekend about the Gorilla Stomp and they mentioned that it was canceled last year. KKOA Lead Sled Spectacular in Salina KS. is over the top when it comes to a Kustom Car shows put on by KKOA. I support KKOA 100%, but my wheels are turned to the "Relix Riot" at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, MI. this weekend.

12. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

I must be blind, I searched for the times but cant seem to find how late they are open. Seeing if I cant fit it in to a busy weekend....

Anyone know what time the gates open and close???

Thanks

13. Hope you show I have some sponsorship cash with your name on it........and maybe a cold spicey bloody mary....

14. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Not sure if I'll make it, although it's not too far. Too much going on. The Bloody Mary sounds good!
    Tom

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I support Jerry and the KKOA as well - but I am rolling over with Too Tall as well - Relix Riot is one of the best shows for traditional rods and customs in MI these days......
    hope they have a good turn out

16. Sorry, I can't make it. We have a memorial service for my mother on Sat. We all had it on our schedule last year. If it sticks around and stays so close in date to Symco, most of us won't be able to make it as we are all too exhausted and have too much cleanup to do from our own hectic weekend.

Wish you a good show, hope you have as good of weather we had last weekend.

17. hemi gasser

hemi gasser

Check out there website www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com everything you need to know is there.

18. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm hoping to hear they had a good turnout. How was the turnout? Any pictures?

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I heard the official count was 73 cars, as of mid-day on Saturday. I doubt any more came in.

Great venue and the quality of the cars was fabulous. Perfect weather.

But you can't get guys to show up if they are unaware of the event. Promote, promote, promote. Spend a dime to make a buck.

I fear this was the inaugural and final event in WI.

It is very easy to see why.

and that SUCKS!

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the update, I was hoping that it would have been better.....

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

22. We were hoping for better numbers to..But it was custom paradise!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  23. more

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool pictures, thanks for posting them. If ya have any more I'd like to see them.

25. hemi gasser

hemi gasser

Bobwop is right promote early and often! I heard about the show last year when it got canceled, since then I heard nothing about a show until I was at Symco and saw a man witha KKOA shirt on and asked him if they ever got a show going. He handed me a flyer. I hope they try again.

26. krooser

krooser

Gorgeous cars....

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for the photos Kelly. You are absolutely correct, the quality of the cars was outstanding. For that reason, it was well worth participating.

28. BEST birthday party ever in my life:D
    too bad some missed it:eek:

was a event to rember, no bathroom lines either
    most social event of the year:D

29. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

I hope to get more going on this later but here's the skinny for now. We wound up with a total car count of an even 80. Breakdown was like this 1 cycle (Kelly's,(not included in car count), 2 rods, 78 kustoms. Here's the best part. We had participants from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, North DaKota. Oklahoma. and Illinois. If I missed anybody please do chime in. And the last I heard for next year is that it will be a go but we will be looking at a different date ,possibly earlier on in the year. Jerry Titus, headmaster of the KKOA, was impressed by the super quality of the participants rides. He thought that the grounds were a perfect setting for an event of his. Many discussions were held between Jerry and the show participants. At this time I do not know all of what was discussed but I do know that Jerry left with a cautiously optimistic attitude. As for my self I feel the possibilities for next year are real good. So stay tuned here or to the website, www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com and we will keep you posted. I'm hoping to have pictures up on the site soon.

30. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I have urged Jerry to come to Torque Fest to promote his show.....
    the offer is still there......
    we would give him a free spot in exchange for us telling everyone that HE will be there.
    Hope he wants to come to Dubuque next year.
    If not - I will still be at the KKOA in Salina - that is a must attend.......