Register now to get rid of these ads!

3 window coupe help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evil1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. I have a 1930 Durant 3 window coupe that is missing the trunk/ rumble seat lid and the windshield frame. From what I have heard a model A lid and windshield frame might work. I believe the body is the same as a Chevy or Desoto. Any info would be a great help.. Thanks http://www.evil1customs.com/current_projects/Durant/img_0076.jpg

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That thing is freakin' cool!!!

3. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

YES IT IS!!

4. FordF1

FordF1
    from Ottawa

My coupe is sleeping for winter now otherwise I could do some measurements for you.
    It's hard to tell from the picture, but yours looks longer than a Model A. There's a guy around me with a 30 Desoto 3w and his is longer than a Model A, so I would think a Model A lid would be short. I will ask him when I do see him, but that could be for weeks.

Here's two pictures of his car if it helps with anything.

Attached Files:

5. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

I agree, that trunk looks awful long compared to my A, I'll measure tonight. The windshield could be a go though

6. DKcoupe

DKcoupe

There was a thread in the last couple of weeks about a guy making his own trunk lid framework and skinning it. It looked like a good idea.

7. hears a pic of a 1930 durant from the back thanks for helping me out guys
    [​IMG]

8. not mine but this is what i have
    [​IMG]

9. No, model A parts won't fit your car. Durant is a Bastard body, that no other parts will fit. I had a 32 Durant roadster many years ago. That being said, it was me that had the post about making your own trunklid. The windshield opening can be modified for a glue in windshield.---but---you better learn to weld, buy a mig welder and an oxy acetylene rig, or else be prepared to reach very deeply into your wallet.

10. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

And If you dont want to use it just send it to me!! ;D

11. thats cool Thanks for the feed back... I do weld and own all the tools you have listed i will check out your post on making the trunk lid. I have a windshield frame i have started modifying that seams to be coming together the way i want.

12. if it helps this body is made by Budd Body
    I just need a deck lid and winshield frame any help would be cool

13. kyoungmango

kyoungmango
    from ithaca NY

I have a 31 durant rumble seat roadster,same body as a 30 durant . check the durant automobile club www.durantmotors.org for other guys who can help you. parts are out there. the durant body is not the same as ford or chevy. [email protected]

14. Sorry but this thred is from 2006 and i guess i should have posted i have found the parts i needed ..... thanks

15. Still have the car? How about some pics? I'd be interested in seeing it.

16. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

17. really kool rod!

18. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Really guys, a thread from 2006?:confused: