Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Lord another Bonneville picture thread!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Aug 16, 2012.

1. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Was good to meet you and your son at impound.

2. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Kaui, ya gotta give me your real name.

3. He was in the Blue/black Tudor in the tent next to you at the KOA!~

4. Garry, the guy on the right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  5. Gerry, Tim spelled like I have it. Either way he is one cool dude. Gerry, sorry you blew. But glad to have you accept us to the campsite, that was FUN.

6. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Great stuff man ..... great story about your son....so cool of you to take him along! Sounds like a memorable experience.

7. These are Great pictures!!!
    Thanks for posting them up

8. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

great pics and story. thanks

9. Really hope we don't get rained out again down here in March.

10. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Yeah Bo Monster the weather was violent 2 years in a row now. Better than 2007, the whole event got rained out. A hot rod magazine I have from back in the early 60's had the same thing happen to them, RAIN!

11. Great pictures Thanks for posting

12. Any more? I know it's hard to top last year but no pix of my truck? :rolleyes::D

13. The Big M

The Big M

These are fantastic. Well done!

14. Cool thread and great pics,thanks for posting.

15. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I just got back a couple hours ago. 1856 miles, 27 hours. I drove half way, stopped and took a long nap and hauled ass back to Ohio.
    It was good to meet some of you guys out there.
    This was my first time to the salt. A guy I had met on the land speed racing board wanted me to come out and see if I could tune up his bike.
    He had gone a best of 155 MPH last year on a 166.8 MPH record. I was able to improve on all but the last run. Our best was 164.8 MPH. At that point I ran out of tricks and couldn't get it to go any faster. I did my best, I was disappointed, but for the first time ever touching the bike I was pretty happy.
    Here are some pics of his bike and some pics I shot in the staging lanes. JC

Attached Files:

16. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Random shots. JC

Attached Files:

17. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

More,

Attached Files:

18. 57 3100

57 3100

congrats on getting his bike to go faster than he was able to....
    i have some pics of it also... i thought the third wheel was strange, made out of aluminum.... nice bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

Thanks 57. Those few MPH didn't come easy thats for sure. When I got there I had never even touched any thing like that. It has stock 1352 cc Kawasaki engine in it.
    When I got there I ask what he uses to tune it, He tells me " all I have ever done is change rear sprockets ". I'm like, are you shitting me?
    So I proceed to look it over and write down the fuel injection control make and model. I then went out to my camp and downloaded the software on my laptop so I can at least see what map was in it. I was up till 4am Sunday night reading the software manual. I got to the pit about 7am and gave him a list of things we needed to work and change before we went to the starting line.
    As usual nothing is ever easy. We thrashed on it until about 4:45 pm and just did make it to the fuel tailor before they closed. It picked up 3 MPH on that run. Much to my delight, when I got to the end of the track the engine was in 1 pc. and he was still alive!
    I kept pounding away at it until it just wouldn't go any faster.
    Next year he will install the modules for programing the ignition timing and the module for programing the fuel curve for each gear.

Guys told me it is more layed back and slower paced on the salt then it is on the dragstrip, I don't know about that, I worked my ass off for what it gave me.
    I can see 200 MPH+ with this bike once it gets a streamliner body and some engine mods. JC

20. flathead37

flathead37
    from boerne tx

Did anyone git pics of nu.2468 Red and White 200 in wb FLATTY...has run over record by 20mph but they keep nit picking him.....175mph with flat motor. If u ave some pics would love to see em. Jack Bateman is owner and builder and painter and hauler and driver, U all have seen his Stroker Mcgirk roadster at Roundup.

21. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

JC, you have pictures of a few streamliners that I never saw! that red one with the white scallops just kills it, what a beautiful looking machine! Wish I would have seen him run.

22. 57 3100

57 3100

too cool JC.... thats what i like about the hot rod / racing community.. always willing to help someone out...

23. Chemin

Chemin

Amazing shots. Thanks for sharing. I so badly want to make the pilgrimage someday.

24. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Mike it was great to finally meet you this year on the salt, as I have admired your art for many years here on the HAMB and else where.

Thanks for taking the time to post you art and your dedication to this great sport....

Pretty Kool your son hangs out with Mr. Poteet, that is simply awsome,

I guess that is why your son was praticising his driving on the salt, HA HA !!!!

Your pic's bring the print to life, while my pic's do not have any life in the shot.....

From all the HAMB'ers who adore your art, thanks Mike !

Neil...

25. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Mike, it was great finally meeting you, and chatting!

Sorry we were in a rush, but you could see how it was going, at the start!

26. JC, it was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the beer!~

27. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Mike, one thing I have noticed is how much I don't notice.
    I miss many cars (much less people) even though I keep my eyes open for anything new and/or interesting.
    I never did find Elmo-Rodge (Wayno) and his belly-tank and. no doubt, I drove right past many people with whom I "know' from the HAMB.
    I'm actually surprised I saw you twice. It's a very big place.
    Of course, I was standing behind you in line for ten minutes and didn't even know it...duh.|
    All in all, it was good to have you there. You certainly battled both Mother Nature and Marlin's food poisoning and paid a hefty "comfort" price to attend.
    But...you made it.
    See you at El Mirage...probably for the two day meet in November.
    Glad you are a friend...
    Doug

28. zoomma

zoomma

Amazing photos as usual.
    Thanks

29. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

It was good to meet you Tman, and thanks for the weenies. I would have liked to meet more of you guys, but when I'm racing I'm balls out rite up to the last drop of blood.
    Here is another shot of that streamliner. JC

Attached Files:

30. Todd553

Todd553

Thanks. That's the Haas Racing liner. We also run a roadster that didn't make it this year. Holds the B/BFS record at 309mph. At least it did when we left.