Register now to get rid of these ads!

IH 908B Hard to get parts??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quick60, Aug 18, 2012.

1. quick60

quick60
    from Virginia

Thinking about looking at an 67 International harvestor 908B. Is it hard to get parts for? Going to pretty much be a daily driver so I cant afford for something to happen and spend a week hunting down parts.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

What part of Virginia are you in? If it's the farming, hillbilly part you should have no trouble. If it is the suburbs of Washington part, not much chance.

All kidding aside, stuff should be available from parts stores to keep it rolling but you may have to order and wait 2 or 3 days. It won't be on the shelf.

Buy a Chev if you want the cheapest most common parts.

3. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

4. 37RAT

37RAT
    from Wisconsin

Yep, I've been getting whatever I need a Napa or Bumper to Bumper. Some things at IH dealer itself. My 908B came form North Platte, Nebraska. 48k miles, love it! Nice little 266 V-8 with 3 speed and factory 3:52 posi

Attached Files:

5. As above, don't listen to the "cheaper, more available" SBC silliness. There are plenty of IH dealers, NAPA, O'Reilly's, and the indie parts stores out there for parts. Good on ya for building something other than a "me,too!" truck!

Another good IH forum is http://www.justih.org/