Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bad Bob and JustplainJ survive Bonneville...LITERALLY!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Aug 18, 2012.

1. nolly

nolly

Glad you're OK,Bob. That desert heat can be bloody murder!!:eek: The pix of the graveyard could have been quite prophetic for you!!;) Where's the IV,EKG,bloodwork & ambulance pix!!?:confused: Surely someone took some?:rolleyes: What is it they say on the HAMB? No pix..........:p OK,I can see the paramedics,what about the other bits?:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. ....

Attached Files:

3. ...

Attached Files:

4. I took some with my phone,but none with my camera. I think Jim got a few...

5. Gotta go....I'll post more later.

6. bonesy

bonesy

Yikes!

I'm glad you're OK.

7. nolly

nolly

...only joking!!!;) the pic of your finger was more than enough!!
    Blimey,what a Drama Queen!!!:rolleyes:

8. plan9

plan9

Just a slight correction... the roadster belongs to Logan Davis @ VP Automotive ;)

9. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Damn bob what the hell!! Glad your ok. You'll have to fill me in a little later..

10. I finally got to meet the world famous Bad Bob this time at the flats. Glad you made it out of Vegas alive.

Thanks for the pics, looking forward to seeing some more.

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Just a quick note to say how glad I am you are still with us...

Then back to the beginning of the thread to soak up what I know will always be a great story and pics from you, Bad Bob.

Glad all ended well!!!

12. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Glad you're OK, thanks for the pics.

13. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

Bob glad your ok. Wish I could have gone to Bonneville but we ended getting invited to Laguna Seca raceway, I at least get to enjoy your pictures!

14. One Finger John

One Finger John

Really glad you made it. What would we do with out a "Bad Bob perspective" on what's happening?
    You're a big dude, so loosing 30 lbs. shouldn't be too hard. Do it for the people that love you and for every one that is in your life.
    It would be a dull world with out you.

15. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Yep, not unreasonable at all, amen.

16. Glad you are ok..............well, back to your old self anyway ;) Was fun having you guys over for the BBQ.

The heat stroke can be cumulative so you are going to have to watch yourself closer and closer over time. Did ya notice that white sunshirt I was wearing? Felt like AC getting the sun off my arms and neck. Plus you could wet it for some evap.

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

glad you made it Bob,this Nevada heat can be brutal.I work in it and it takes a bit to get used to.being from so.cal myself,it's different.take care and thanks for posting

18. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

A guy on my ship had heat stroke two days ago. He'd taken over my job of unslinging and hand-balling shipments, when a supply boat came alongside, as I was busy, and an hour layer he was down.

We had to pin him as he was flailing around and struggling, apparently his throat closed up and he couldn't breath, but he remembers little else. The ships medic stuck an IV in him and got him on oxygen, cooled him down, and he is okay now. Once you've had it once you become more susceptible to it in future.

This guy was 37, I'm 52, and he couldn't fill my boots. :D He is kinda porky though.

19. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Damn, Bob. Don't pull that shit. Wayno

20. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Hea Bob,
    After I saw you and Jim at the nugget I went to start the sedan and had an Electrical fire. Lost all the wiring and some damage in side. Just short of the whole thing going up in flames. Had to tow the sedan home. Just glad your ok.

21. Dear Bob, you came up to me and asked what kind of inner trim rings I had on my roadster at the Nugget...I didn't know it was you otherwise I would have said something! Good to meet you (kind of)!!

22. 2935ford

2935ford

Heat stroke....a very dangerous thing.
    Very happy to hear you are Ok.

One of the reasons I couldn't go to the salt....I can't take that kind of heat any more!

23. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Bob.

Glad you made it through that experience. Bet it now scares the bejesus out of you just thinking about it.

I've met Paul a couple of times when visiting LA, and found him to be a sincere person - one of life's "good people". His late night dash just illustrates this.

Take care big boy, for next time we meet under the HAMB tent at LARS, I want you to be there again.

24. Geez Gerry! You had a crazy week!

25. Holyshit Bob,thats crazy and scary.Got to be careful and takecare of yourself.Glad to hear your ok.

26. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Thanks for sharing your road trip with us Bob. Glad to hear you're ok.

27. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Yea Trent was a bit crazy. Glad you made it home safe. Was a difficult week for me. Next year.

28. White T-shirts next time, huh?

29. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Bad Bob - thanks as always for the pics... but ya gotta pace yerself son... or there won't be anyone taking cool pics of all the cool events for us East Coast guys to enjoy!

*smirk*

glad yer alright, that's close enough for sure.

-W

30. hahaha...you guys are funny! For the record,i've lost over 30lbs! I know,another 40 couldn't hurt.
    Sorry to hear about the fire Gerry. That sucks...
    Chris...LOVE your Roadster! Those trim rings were bitchin!
    Everybody else....thanks and I have LOTS more pic's!