Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 5 window bites the dust!...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phoenix5x, Aug 17, 2012.

1. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

The Dropped Axle guys out of Cincinnati had a blast heading out to Bonneville. Out of the 4 of us I was the rookie on this trip...but on the way back when we thought everything was going smooth an old lady tries to turn around in the middle of the highway and the below picture pretty much explains the rest. This was out in junction city KS. Needless to say I was the passanger and my step father was the driver and we only suffered some cuts and scrapes..Luckily we walked away from this one..some more detailed pics to follow.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

2. kscarguy

kscarguy

You have to watch for them big tumbleweeds out west...ouch!

3. Glad everyone was OK.

Now you have an excuse to change it up...

4. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Bummer, makes me sick and it ain't even my car!

5. hotcargo

hotcargo

theres always somebody out there , thats ready to spoil your day

glad your all OK

Steve in Oz

6. At least it looks like only removable parts were damaged. The body was ok?

7. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I (KENDEUCE) was first car in line and just missed the lady attempting to cross the xway through the grassy median. Number two in line was 32coupedeville and he took a ride in the median to avoid crash. Number three was doose32 and he nailed the elderly lady in the rear and sent her spinning in median. The picture tell a sory. We are sitting in Kansas waiting for uhaul to pick up pieces and head home.

8. Fogger

Fogger

I sincerely feel your pain, glad you both are ok. In '99 returning from the March meet in Bakersfield an old guy in a Dodge van swerved into me on Highway 99, we were going 70 mph, didn't just hit me once but twice. My passenger and I survived but the 3W took a couple of heavy hits. Thankfully the old guys insurance covered the damage and my old friend, Stan, straightened the body and Eastwood repaired the headlight bar. So good luck with the repair and make it better than it was.

9. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

sorry for your misfortune...glad everyone is okay...should yank the old broads drivers license!

10. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Thanx for the support guys...the body looks a little compressed, but the doors still open and close...the body may be torqued as well...Once insurance is taken care of, it will be blown apart and setup back on our jig but for the moment I got a few more pics because I know everyone here loves pics. We have a 5" dropped axle from magnum and it only bent it did not break...so this is a true testiment to magnum axles durability.

Attached Files:

11. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Looks like we may be able to make this into a 33 34 coupe in no time...LOL!!...Ohh forgot to mention those are original steel 32 front fenders!!

12. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Good thing is nobody got seriously hurt. Make it home safe, well safer that you have already tried.. You guys have the skills to bring it back to life... Good luck..

13. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That will buff right out.

14. metal man

metal man

Damn, isn't that Drew's dad's car ?:eek:

15. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Funny. As I was looking through the first picture, I thought to myself "Yep.. That's no cast axle." The things you learn on the HAMB. :)

Huge bummer about the ol' lady..

16. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Yup it is...I am his step son...

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Glad no one was hurt in this one....but that really sucks!

18. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Thats dam close to my neck of the woods, Junction is about 30 min away. Glad nobody was seriously hurt. Trust me, not all Kansans drive that way, just the women or teens texting.

19. Wow! That really sucks! I'm glad you are both OK and the 5W took a hell of a hit but it came through it pretty well. Henry really built a structurally sound body!

20. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's really awful to see. Glad you guys are alright. How did the lady not see 4 cars coming??

21. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Serious bummer of a way to end a good time.

Any lessons learned, other than use a GOOD front axle???

22. basicbob

basicbob

What a way to finish a fine week! I know you all seemed so happy in Wendover before heading home.

I hope your dad & co-pilot are OK.

I guess the coupe will get another turn at "Dropped Axle Productions"

Bob

23. 343w

343w

Ain't that just like a woman, bet she said she was sorry too! Glad no injuries, looks like the coupe will fix for another day!

24. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

From back here in Cincy, we are all glad you boys are okay.

25. I am on the road 5 days a week and see dumb driving every day,,I think she saw all of you coming and still pulled out in front of you,,,and there probably wasn't anything behind you for a mile or so,,if she had only waited a few more seconds it all could have been avoided.

Glad you guys didn't get seriously injured,,the coupe can be repaired given some time and money. HRP

26. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sucks seeing the car looking like that,glad it was'nt worse and you guys are OK. You going to put it back together the way it was ,or make some changes?That car had a bitchin stance.sorry for your misfortune.

27. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Not really on the axle. Bend it back straight and see what happens.

28. All damage looks fixable, the most important thing is that there were no major injuries!

29. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

that can turn the trip into a bummer, but glad everybodys ok!

30. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

I am betting once you blow the car apart and release the body from the frame it will not take much to square back up. Not having a busted windshield and the fact that the doors still open easily are all good signs. Glad you guys are ok.