Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, I pickup up my Bird Lark frame from the sandblasters this week. This is the one that had the ungodly 50cc honda lash up going a few pages ago. About an hour after I shot these picts I walked out to find my beloved girlfriend casually washing it down with the hose as she washed down the porch... Good thing this is Phoenix and stuff never rusts! It'll save!

Attached Files:

2. 46stude

46stude

Saved this one from the scrap pile yesterday. Its been butchered a bit, but the li'l Briggs still spins.

Anybody have any idea what brand it might be?

Attached Files:

3. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Looks like a Bird, someone made the chopper forks on it though, post it over at oldminibikes.com....

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well gang, thought it might be time to bump this thread back up with some good news! I mentioned a buddy of mine asking about doing a mini bike day get together back in post 1274... Well that sneaky old fart went ahead and decided on dates and times and made flyers!!! I hope this Flyer will reproduce, lets give this a shot.. Crap! it's not loading. My scanner somehow feels the need to scan things in a format that is roughly the size of the Queen Mary, and i don't know a giglybyte from jiggiwatt. I'll fool around a bit more and see if I can make it work.

The long and short of it is Monday, September 3 (labor day) 10:00am - 2:00pm at 2231 Citrus way in Phoenix, AZ. Swap Meet, Rides, Show, just a fun day out for those us with weekend passes from the looney bin that love these things! I might, for those that dare, organize a ride from my place down town to Ron's for the party (4 miles aprox.). Now, mind you, this will not be strictly on the up and up, and it will be at your own risk, but I guaranty it will be tons of fun!

Well whaddaya know, it did go! Click on it a couple of times and it'll get big enough to read. The pictures are of our man Ronnie and his "land rocket" mini that keeps stomping our tails at the mini bike drags at SouthWest Nostalgia Nats...

Attached Files:

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Here is my '67 Gran Prix I have had since the early '70's.... now highly customized.

Attached Files:

6. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

I'm not sure what the official brand name is, but the unofficial name is 'Super Cool Badass Choppa Mini Bike... man!'

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll second that it is a Bird Engineering frame, probably a Lark.

8. broey

broey

here is some pics of mine, it is a little further along now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i pretty much started from scratch with it. the motor plate is the only thing I used from the original frame. borrowed a pipe bender for the frame. used 2 aluminum steer tube clamps from bmx racing forks for the triple clamps. its for a ball bearing headset too. and then on the honda motor its straight piped with a cool air intake. sounds wicked. too bad its got a top speed of like 30. waa waa..

9. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Did you post it up over at oldminibikes.com?

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, didn't think to until you just said it... Pretty damned dumb sometimes!

11. broey

broey

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Me too mang! The pic of Ronnie just goes to show that the chicks all dig 'em, even with a little trophy.

13. SimpleTom

SimpleTom

I just finished this bike. Planning on taking it up to the Symco Shakedown. This will be my first time at the show.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Still think the hardest I ever have laughed in my life was that first BIG mini bike drag where we all ended up chasing Ronnie... I honestly believe he could have ridden to the end of the track, turned around and came back before any of us hit the finish line!

15. I am rebuilding a 1947 Doodel Bug and need a gas tank like the one on simple toms bike. Any one got one like it for sale??????

16. I am restoring one at this time. Took ten years to find it. Had one when I was a kid. I do have a lot of extra parts that came with mine. Frame, front fender, handel bars, rims both fron and rear, motor plate for a brigs. Anyone interested in these parts? Send me a email

17. Taking the grandson out to the shop tomorrow to pick a project. Have a Rupp and a Fox to choose from.

18. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

ive got a 70s amf/harley davidson mini bike that i bought all disassembled. im probably never gonna jack with it. anybody know what these are worth?

19. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

Need Louvers, will you have any of your unfinished mini's at the show for sale in the swap area???

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry no. I'm sort of fresh out at the moment, other than the Bird Lark that I'm building. I might not even get that together in time the way things are looking business wise around these parts. Too much stuff in to play right now!

21. broey

broey

skip post a pic of your bike. I cant find it in the thread.

22. von zipper

von zipper

Putting mine together! Can't wait!

Attached Files:

23. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

Thats cool... Better too much work, than not enough!

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like I picked up the same bike. We're going to fix it up for Bonneville. I was contemplating the seat extension and I see the way yours is - is perfect.

Right now it's an ugly duck. It barely fired but in a couple days time we should have it souped.

Attached Files:

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

26. Mr.Freeze

Mr.Freeze
    from Az

here's mine on the salt for speed week 2012!

Attached Files:

27. cyclops1969

cyclops1969

Do you still have them? If so are they for sale? Where are you located?
    I am a collector, have had some 400 vintage mini bikes, hold 48 of them now.
    Thanks, Bill

28. D-man313

D-man313

Just picked this up today from the local boneyard. Can anyone ID it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Beau

Beau

These are kind of odd ball and a tad O.T. but I thought I'd share a few of or club mini bikes.

The Mini bike is a Schwinn Whizzer heavily modified to run mini bike wheels with a modified moped fork.

The board tracker is my creation using a '46 Schwinn Excelsior.

The weird looking scooter is a Yamaha Razz heavily modified. He used roof panels off his '63 Ford.

Attached Files:

30. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

[​IMG]

I know the wheels and engine are wrong but anyone have an idea of what frame it is?

Thanks!