Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '62 Ford Unibody LSR Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mctim64, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Here's the one of me and the red Chevy. I think if he get's it sorted out it may run faster but my truck is deffinitly set up better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kO5NH71QVn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. I'm a Chevy truck of that era kind of guy, but Tim's truck is way cooler than the red one you are talking about (it was very cool too). And yes the unibody sounds awesome!

And as an aside I got to talk with Tims wife for a little bit. He is a lucky guy, what a nice lady. She really supports his racing too!

3. That sound bite is music to my ears Tim, great job!!!!!

4. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Nice - congrats on the 42.

PACO

5. At least you can shift!;):rolleyes:

For the record, the red truck had issues with the placement of the shifter. Hard to shift with restraints when the shifter is not easy to reach.

6. 65COMET

65COMET

Great videos!!! You can really hear the tires fighting for traction!!! That old Y-Block sounds AWESOME!!!!! Great runs!!!What is the record there for the truck to shoot for? ROY.

7. Here is our best run!

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BlDcDYs-fl8" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

8. Jake is all cleaned up and ready for Elmo next month. :D

[​IMG]

Fresh oil and filter, with no shiney stuff in the old oil. That's a good thing. ;)

[​IMG]

I always manage to bring home a little bit of Bonneville every year. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

9. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Tim, it was good seeing you and Tman again!:cool:

The truck looked and sounded great, and the videos are icing on the cake.

Thanks again for the shirt-I wore it to the drivers meeting, and for my first pass in the FlatCad!

10. daddio211

daddio211

Don't toss that salt, Tim. You could bottle and sell it to your and Jake's fan club!

Wait, would that be contradictive to Save The Salt??? :eek:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. That reminds me Tim. When you are ready for more oil, I sell that Brad Penn as well as Royal Purple, Lucas,Gibbs and a couple more I may be forgetting.

And since I am the team "PR guy".....................I want to sincerely thank everyone that stopped by to say hi or help out. Mac, Landon,Jerry, Brent, Randy and Faus and many more!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Thanks Buddy! Let's get together and do it all again next year only faster. If we make as much improvment next year as we did this year we might just join you in impound. ;):D

[​IMG]

13. When I was buying shirts at the SCTA booth there was another event shirt hanging there and your truck was one of the land speed cars on it, so I bought it. I should have had you autograph it. Im sure that could bring me some serious dough in the future =)

14. I don't know about the dough but I would have been happy to sign it. :D

15. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Sounds like a deal!

I's love to pit next to you in impound!

16. burnout2614

burnout2614

"Riding along" with you in that video is the highlight of my week!! THANKS. peace

17. SHIT! I forgot to buy one! DOH!!!!!! Tim, I may need an Elmo favor along with a kids size. :eek:

Hell, pit next to us for the whole event, we actually like you guys!:D

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

good to see you guys again at bonneville, the truck was awsome as usual...I was amazed at how tight you wound it. unreal....lookin forward to next year already .........sam:cool:

19. Well done Tim, see i send friendly wishes!

20. Tim has a great story about you that involves Norm!:D

21. Thanks Oggie! They told me to say that. ;):D:p

22. Pix from the trip. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

23. And more.

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Kick ass vids ... kick ass truck - congrats.

PACO

25. Originally Posted by CG [​IMG]
    When I was buying shirts at the SCTA booth there was another event shirt hanging there and your truck was one of the land speed cars on it, so I bought it. I should have had you autograph it. Im sure that could bring me some serious dough in the future =)

Holy crap, now we are going to have to worry on how to get Tims head into the helmet next!!!

26. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Great Pics Tim, Truck looks great, Nice runs, Tim Jones

27. Thanks Tim!

Don't worry Carl, Kathy knows how to bring me down to earth. "Hey Mr. famous racer, take out the trash!" :rolleyes:;):p

28. Tim, it was good to meet you at the BBQ. See you next year...Hans

29. Was nice to finally meet you! You are way more American than I thought!:D

30. Here's a little something we are gonna try at Elmo next week see what it's good for. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also removed a lot of un-necessary hanging stuff underneath.