Register now to get rid of these ads!

will '33 Plymouth fenders fit my '35 Dodge?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Samster, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

Hi all from Belgium,

For quite some time I've been looking for teared fenders to put on my '35 kcl Dodge Brothers. I've seen one on Ebay, but it's listed pickup only, and the guy won't answer my mails.. Now looking futher for non-teared ones, I come across some Plymouth fenders, looking véry much like the ones I need..

It would be nice to know they fit without too big of a hassle..

so these:

[​IMG]

onto this one:
    [​IMG]

cheers
    Sam

2. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

they very much look the same..?

3. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

is this a stupid question?

4. There are no stupid questions Sam, I think few guys here are that familiar with early Chrystler products. I called a friend I know who has 4 of them, 2 33s and a 34 & 35 and he says the mounting should be the same but never tried to interchange one for the other, for whatever that's worth. Hopefully someone will have some first hand knowledge that's more reliable than my friend of a friend story. Good luck.

5. Rich R

Rich R
    from SoCal

The running board splash aprons on the 33's are taller than the 34's, it may be different where the rear of the fenders mount to the running board/splash apron area. Also the 34 fenders are skirted, the 33's are not, and 34's came in long wheelbase and short wheelbase, looks like the truck uses short wheelbase fenders.

6. jimbousman

jimbousman

I've got a buddy who did exactly what you are talking about but he went the whole route including the grill and hood. Yes, he did have to fab a small filler panel for the running board/apron area. You can se it in the background in the photo. Sorry I don't have a better photo of the front.

Attached Files:

7. Samster

Samster
    from Belgium

thanks a lot for these replies, I see my answer failed to post, so I'm late. Meanwhile I bought four blue '33 fenders that came off a Plymouth.

I'll look into the options to roll the tears in myself..
    depends on the state of the metal..

from the looks of em they're in the same state (ánd color) of my car.

that'll be five looong weeks!