Register now to get rid of these ads!

What would you call this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoop, Aug 17, 2012.

1. kscarguy

kscarguy

Funny Doc! I like Barry too...Ha!

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

put some shiney full old hubcaps on it. what size rims are those?

3. it looks like a cool little hot rod to me

why ANYONE would call that a rat is beyond me

4. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Good lookin lil truck. Ain't no beater for sure.

5. While I do not like pickups channeled with no fenders because I think they don't look good, I still would not call yours a rat rod. Some people that are not into the hobby do not really know the definition of a rat rod and think any old car is one. Just correct them every time and eventually it will sink in.

6. JimInrADFORDva

JimInrADFORDva

"What is a Hot Rod, Alex?"

7. Re I had a guy call my Vicky a Tbucket, car guy too but muscle cars. "Anything 20s-30s is a tbucket"
    Had another guy call it a roadster. This guy has some very nice hot rods.

The slightly exposed public thinks everything old is a rat rod. Some like Justin bieber think a 2012 Cadillac cts with flat paint is a rat rod. Some idiots think their bicycles are rat rods.

You'll need to ignore them or educate them one at a time

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  8. F&J

F&J

I see a hot rod there.

Bear in mind that some non-car people use the term as a compliment, because they believe that rats are the most popular rod right now..

Should go back to living in the 60s again, as there were no names back then,

9. davesvintage

davesvintage

It's a fine line that we walk and some people see different things so being hotrodders ,we have to have a thick skin. You built it for you and you're happy, so just drive and enjoy it. I can see some nice work and inlines are challenging and fun, so at least you're different!

10. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Is it really that big of a deal what the general public calls our cars? I drive bagged rides and have people calling them lowriders all the time and telling me their just not into hydraulics, but I don't get all bent out of shape and make posts about it. Just be happy that they like it, regardless of what they think it is.

11. Jen......

Jen......

enjoy the ride dont listen to idiots ,

its a hot rod

Jen

12. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I have quite a few old wood and coal cooking and heating stoves. I have many different kinds, but not one is a pot belly. But like the rat rod name, to some people all old stoves are pot bellies, even cooking stoves.

Quite a few people used to call my hearse a hurst. You get tired of educating them, and people generally don't like being corrected, even when they are wrong. It's one of those things where you aren't going to make much difference no matter how hard you try.

13. Nothing wrong with that mate ,just enjoy it .....

14. just showed my girlfriend your pics and said what do you call that and she said.....HOTROD

15. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Model A? Looks like a Chevy to me.

Couldn't agree more!

16. That is definitely a hot rod and I'm really diggin the straight six in it. I love the Fords but it's nice to see an old Chevy for a change.

17. Deuces, Step away from the keyboard. That does not look like a rat rod.

18. scoop

scoop

Chevy front to back.292 6cyl dual 1 bbl rochesters,350 trans for convience(wife or daughter can drive when I've had a few).Split the manifold 2-4, straight pipes sounds great. This truck drives real well,I put disc brakes on front,stops very good.I wanted to be safe so I put some modern stuff on it.Not everything has to be a Ford with a flathead.

19. scoop

scoop

That's about exactly what my wife said to the one idiot.

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

sometimes it's good to answer a question with a question. if someone calls a car a ratrod and it bugs you ask him whata ratrod is and have it explained to you.

21. scoop

scoop

Good idea 49.

22. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

If that's a rat rod, I'll be a monkeys uncle. Don't be too alarmed when people just don't know what they're talking about.

23. Deuces

Deuces

One bad opinion and the whole shithouse goes up in flames??? I mean really???:rolleyes: I did say I was sorry about how I felt about his car... Maybe we should have taken a vote???.. I need sleep!... Goodnight folks!..;)

24. fleetside66

fleetside66

My truck is almost identical to yours, except the paint isn't as shiny...no skulls, no spider webs, no rust, no dents, no mailbox for an air cleaner, no gas pump handle for a shift knob, mild chop & channel, just passed state safety inspection with flying colors...but the uninitiated still call it a R-R nine times out of ten. It doesn't bother me...I think word "hot rod" has faded into obscurity to the normal dude on the street.

25. Great idea!
    See you in the morning

26. Deuces

Deuces

By the way... That shit house remark I said was just a figure of speech. Just to let you know...
    I still love you guys man...:D:D:eek:
    Goodnight!...:)

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hot Rod, it is. We all know that. Don't let the general public get to you, or at-least focus on the positive. If someone says: "Nice rat rod.", the did say it was nice. No point getting too caught up in the arcane semantics of the nomenclature. It doesn't and won't mean anything to them. People say "Nice roadster." about my 1929 Model A Closed Cab Pickup, all of the time. I just say thank you.

28. I'd call it pretty nice!
    I'm diggin' it

29. matt 3083

matt 3083
    from Tucson, Az

I call it a hot rod and I would love
    to have one just like it.
    Matt

30. It's a hot rod!!!