Register now to get rid of these ads!

so the towing company i hired dropped my vehicle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddio211

daddio211

And I shouldn't have dumped my trailer turd on your thread to begin with.

I try not to do that, I had an episode. :D

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

I feel your pain. The day I sold my '71 Bronco, I stood there ready to cry as the guy towing it away ground the entire passenger side against the power pole turning the corner. It wasn't "new to me" like yours so my excitement about it wasn't as high as yours but I loved that truck. To this day I still wish he would've waited till he was out of sight to do that to my baby.

I'm sorry.

3. johnod

johnod

Well thats as good as you could hope for at this point.

4. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

The last time I saw my ramp it was blue. Thanks anyway.

5. I've seen this twice! Once at a gas station I had done the same question/answer thing and got same dumbfounded look. Luckily a state patrol pulled in and noticed it too. He was PISSED off! Made the guy park it and take a cab to get proper tie downs. He told him he had 30 mins to get it done or he would be towed with 2 trucks (one for the truck/trailer and one for the IH Scout on the trailer) and issued "a VERY expensive ticket."

My girlfriend saw an idiot riding in a new Civic on a trailer (no straps) holding the brake on! (brake lights burning bright). YIKES! :eek::eek::eek:

6. I just don't get it - but fuck it.

A long time ago I needed a enclosed cargo trailer. I needed it bad for an out of town job. No funds to purchase until after the job was done. So I told the guy, you keep my Harley for collateral and I'll give you the cash when I get back. That deal when off without a hitch.

I let a friend use my flat bed trailer. He gets rear ended and that mangled the tongue. Insurance fixed it.

Another time aliens abducted me. However they neglected to use sufficient straps while securing me to their space trailer and I worked loose. Thankfully I was equipped with a parachute because my jet pack was being narrowed so I could fit it in between the frame rails of my prostreet RAT ROD.

This one time, at band camp .....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  7. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Sounds like a decent outcome to a shitty situation. Thanks for posting because even though the thread took a bizarre turn, I think we all learned something or were reminded of things we already knew.

8. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

........ I killed a gopher with a stick !!

:D

9. What's up ? Nobody wants to top my trailer story ?

10. daddio211

daddio211

LOL, I could try but I already took this thread down the wrong road! :D

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. modeleh

modeleh

You'd be better off to hire Jeff Gillooly.;)

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I will send you one dollar Romanian or .00000000056 US dollars in it's place as equivalent for a picture posted of this OT mishap.:D Even the big guy has to be curious by now.

I want to say my obligatory " Oh...that's F'd up "

This would make up for the sewer rod hitting me squarely in my left nutty first thing this morning. As I passed Out I spied this Romanian dollar. See how the world evens things out. A sharp sock in the nutty with a 4 lb steel object and the reward is .00000000056 US.

Hey at the very least the thought of a dude getting his hackey sack rocked by a 4 lb object at 4: 30 imn the AM had to give you a jiggle. Serious Gooolie displacement has resulted....................ow.

These meds are nice though....:D

13. hemi gasser

hemi gasser

Thats funny shit right there!!

14. This is some funny shit. Not your car damage, just everything else.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  15. What can you possibly expect from a .50 per loaded mile carrier, of course they used a fork lift & of course they damaged your Bronco. There are 3 quality transporters on the Hamb, all have adds in the Hamb O Dex section & I'll bet all three of us quoted you a fair price to deliver your Bronco, I know I did. There is no better example of YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR THAN THIS!

16. 46stude

46stude

Its amazing how few people actually read what the situation was all about. Take a few minutes to read, & then you don't look quite so silly.

17. I read every post, if he would have been willing to pay a fair price, he would not needed to have a second company to load it on the transporters truck or maybe you have no idea what transporting really is.
    A quality transporter would have showed up loaded & then delivered...done deal

18. Retrorod

Retrorod

I NEVER lend my trailer, it seems that so many "experts" are out there damaging vehicles every day. There is a right way and (obviously) a wrong way to load/transport a vehicle.

I train & certify tow operators every day. I think I've seen all the stupid things that happen in this world and I have to say...if you don't know the RIGHT way along with knowing the laws on the books about transporting/towing vehicles...don't do it!

A QUALITY transporter knows how to do his job and gets paid for doing it safely and correctly (which includes transporting vehicles DAMAGE FREE).

19. Let me get this straight some asshole will be glad to fuck up your vehicle for $.50 a mile but at $1.00 a mile you also get the "dumbfuck" option turned off and your vehicle arrives undamaged? Simply amazing!

20. Model T1

Model T1

I love a happy ending and this was a reasonably happy ending.
    Besides most of us learned a thing or three about transporting vehicles.
    That doesn't mean the same silly accidents won't happen again and again.
    I could write some trailer stories too. But the important thing is think before you haul anything. ;)

I'm no pro but I was a trucker for many years and hauled six cars and a lot of junk of my own from Illinois to Florida when I retired. Just stop and think before you haul anything on a trailer. Many lives depend on it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  21. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

No pictures.......Hmmmmm. Are you sure the broker didn't want the Bronco ? Maybe he now has a nice rust-free Bronco . Just a thought .

22. In this case - the damage was totally preventable

Some follks ignore the warning signs on the road
    to catastrophe ..... :cool:

The poster was aware of the lowball quote he received
    along with the level of service he was experiencing
    before the vehicle was loaded with a forklift

If you take the time to read thru this thread in its' entirety
    take note the poster was contacted with an opportunity
    to have the car transported by a HAMBer - he declined

This offer came before he made the decision to have
    the vehicle hauled by his 50 cent a mile hauler

From my PM exchange with him:

08-14-2012
    06:40 PM

There is the HAMB Relay Group to post your hauling needs in

There are folks posting every day they have room to haul
    here on the HAMB - do a keyword search using ' transport '
    or ' haul ' or 'ship '

This guy knew he was getting a lowball quote - he admitted it
    in the PM

He never got a price from me - he never called me

Instead, he started a Thread offering to haul from Cleveland
    to Yuma - as if that would be cheaper to do

If you expect to get satisfactory service of
    any type - paying a price that is below cost will get you
    service that you may not want

When that happens - don't bitch about it

Jim

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

23. 46stude

46stude

Still not the point. The towing company dropped the vehicle. Its called an "accident". I'm sure y'all never have any of those. ;)

I can run a winch truck better than most people I've come across. I can move things around when some think it can't be done easily. But I still screw up occasionally.

What's that got to do with anything?

No one is perfect. This guy prolly loaded dozens of vehicle w/ the forklift & never had a problem. The owner made the deal right, so I don't get why y'all are still harping on the original poster not using your services.
    :confused:

24. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

There are always idiots but.......when you hire companies that pick up and drop off door to door with no brokers involved they worry about their reputation.
    Sorry to hear about the loss but at least you got refunded your costs. lesson to be learned is hire a company that tales it from point a to point b and do not use brokers. i have yet to hear of a nightmare due to carriers like horseless carriage, reliable transport, intercity or fed ex.
    It may cost me more but I sleep better at night
    Good luck in your search for a bronco

25. Oh sure,
    However may I point out once again for the those who may have neglected to read it the several times its been posted all ready.....and want to post some proverb, lecture or advertise or otherwise spout off.

The towing company- as in local to the area - that I hired to load the bronco onto the auto transport ... that's two separate companies.... dropped it. Transport company never touched it.

As far as get what you pay for ..... 150.00 to tow it 10 miles, load it on the truck a few days storage included. Sounds fair to me, not cheap, not high but fair. Hired to load it on who ever showed up to get it. You, vintage, Semi trailer, multi carrier or the fucking space shuttle . The forklift wasn't part of the plan or what I paid for, that part was extra.

What went wrong and why .... its multifaceted and I seriously doubt your ability and/or willingness to understand it.
    First a few days turned into 10.
    Second multi transport shows up by 4:30 on time as agreed
    Third it was quitting time and most everyone had left except owner and office manager
    Fourth that included the regular operator leaving.
    Fifth, is a mystery still but a decision was made to load bronco on upper deck via forklift.
    Sixth the towing company assumed 100% of fault and made it right.

Yes you quoted me a fair price for delicate specialized single carrier. Not whats needed in this case. Again this came with your explaining FIRST that I wouldn't like the price and that multi carrier may be better suited for that type. You also told me that it could be quite a while until you got out that way. Remember that!

I'm going to include your other post

Now that's about where the respect ends at least I gave you some.
    You claim to have read every post, OK I believe you because you wouldn't lie or talk shit. That means your comprehensive capability is pretty low. You want to talk about what my needs are and those of the owner of the bronco and make pointed and opinionated statements without knowing shit about any of it. You want to assume I'm too cheap, well you'd be the first to do that.

What's fucked up it this was about a local towing company not a long distance hauler. Somehow you want to be involved and have your professional opinion considered here. Yet hauling is completely irrelevant and when you show such a flagrant attitude coupled with your apparent lack of comprehension its really sort of comical.

26. ...which is why when I buy something, I go get it. I don't want to deal with hacks that don't care about my item, and I don't want to deal with the sanctimonious annointed ones who are the only ones apparently able to do a job right. . .for a nominal fee of course. It's been my experience, that nobody can get one home to me cheaper or better than me, all it costs me are a couple vacation days and gas money. Added bonus, if something were to go wrong, God forbid, I wouldn't have to listen to those same schmucks telling me "I could have done it better." Ad nauseum.....

27. Another one who has no respect and can't fucking read. This ain't about you or your hauling services or anyones hauling.
    How many times or different folks got to tell you that.

Starting to prove yourself an ass hat.

28. I will type slowly so even you can understand this, if you were not willing to pay a fair price to get your vehicle transported, you should have done what you were originally going to do, which was get it yourself.
    If you would have been willing to pay a fair price with any quality transporter you would not have needed to have the towing company go get your bronco from the seller, the transporter would have picked it up directly & there would not have been a chance of this happening. What part of this do you not understand?

29. Please explain to me how you could have accommodated the sellers needs.
    You can't because you don't know.
    No matter how slow anybody types you don't get its not about a hauler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.