Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got the rust treatment and the U-POL bedliner on the underside of the truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, Aug 16, 2012.

1. tried out OSPHO rust treatment and U-POL Raptor bedliner on the underside of my 53 Dodge truck cqb . Both are excellent products. I am really happy with the results!! Underside was rusty, wire brushed it and put on the OSPHO per instructions and next morning it had really done a great job. Used Eastwood brushable seam sealer on the seams (also excellent stuff) and after a couple days of drying, I sprayed the bedliner.

Attached Files:

2. what it looked like after the Ospho treatment and before the bedliner

Attached Files:

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That should outlive you. Is that bedliner a two part or one part ?

I am going to do the same thing on the bottom of my rpu except I will be putting epoxy primer on first.

Don

4. May Pop

May Pop

Ive done the same thing also with epoxy primer and had exellent results. Only place where rust came back was where it got gouged.
    Great looking job.

5. U-POL is a two part bedliner.

6. CMEDROP

CMEDROP

here is picture of the floors from the car that me and 204carcrazy are building

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Raptor is good stuff we did my brother in laws jeep tub inside and the hardtop with it. he sold it 3 years later and it looked good when he got rid of it. your truck looks good as well!

8. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I like it! Gonna give it a go on the Coronet when the chassis and floor pans are done.

9. Bryan G

Bryan G
    from Delmarva

We did a few Raptor jobs and they really looked nice; the first really hot day, though, you could scrape it off with your fingernail. As soon as it cooled down you couldn't blast it off. Neither us nor the UPOL rep could figure that one out. That was a few years ago so hopefully they've figured it out.

10. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Does ot come in colors or you painted over it?

11. 204carcrazy

204carcrazy

there are 2 types of upol, one is tintable. add hardener from kit and small amount of urethane paint i think we used 60ml of green shake well and that is what we got. i thought it would fill gap along crossmembers etc but it didn't so i'd advise to seam seal all areas first to prevent moisture from getting in. instruction say you can apply over itself so i'll be sealing those areas and reapply just to those areas. jim