Register now to get rid of these ads!

gauge interest in repop Fenton split manifold for inline 6 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krag4201, May 7, 2012.

1. krag4201

krag4201

I currently have a NOS Fenton cast iron split exhaust manifold for the 215/223 Ford inline six being reverse engineered so that I can have new castings made. I've invested a ton of money in this project and was wondering that if I do move forward (I am in negotiations with a foundry as I write this) what the interest in these would be? They'll be pricey but not ridiculously so as I want to have these made in the US and not China probably a run of around 50 sets minimum. I also have the aluminum dual carb intake I'm thinking of doing as well as a set of Fenton manifolds for a Y block Ford. I am trying to contact the man who owns the Edmunds/Fenton names but worse comes to worse I'll repop these without markings. What do you think? anyone interested? I am not soliciting funds but will have to sell every set to recover my investment Let me know

2. TKEBH964

TKEBH964
    from MO

I am definately interested, but also very short on cash so I probably wouldnt be able to buy anything for a while...

3. Shotdowninflames

Shotdowninflames
    from Milwaukee

I'd be interested if the price was comparable to Clifford's header. Keep us posted!

4. Gromit

Gromit

Sounds a great idea.. I don't own anything they would fit mind you, but one day...

5. bohica2xo

bohica2xo
    from Las Vegas

That is a heck of a project. I hope you get positive responses, perhaps the Y block has more interest than the I6?

Best of luck

B.

6. cederholm

cederholm

I'm a Chevy IL6 guy (cause that's what I've got, I like Fords too) and I LOVE my Fentons. I can't imagine any IL6 Ford owner NOT wanting one.

Cool project - good luck with it!

7. I am interested as well....can you give a ballpark estimate of prices?

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i'd be interested in a set if they were done right, but to compare a set of clifford headers to a set of fenton split manifolds... nah, no way are they in the same league. the fenton pieces reign far superior

9. 58Darlene

58Darlene

I'd be interested if the price was right!

10. Curt B

Curt B

I can't help but think if this was economically viable Patrick Dykes would have done it already.

11. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

Well their is some interest out there, a set of originals just went for 800 bucks over on the 'bay'

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I'd be interested on both the intake and exhaust

13. dont do it keep your money
    it is easy to build things, but hard to sell them
    i built tooling and made JD 2cyl tractor mufflers sold a couple and basically dumped the rest, proabbly put about $800in stamping tooling that i made
    everyone told me to build them but hardly sold any
    trust me i learned the hard way

14. Huntfamily53

Huntfamily53
    from AZ

Curious as to price, but you now have my interest...

15. I would be interested if the quality is good and the price is reasonable.

16. I'm in. I want one. Email me when I can buy one!
    John James

17. wink61

wink61

Interested, what price range?

18. craigibc

craigibc

I'd be careful about doing that. Speedway Engineering has a trademark on Fenton exhaust manifolds and holds exclusive rights of use. I wouldn't want to see you go through all that hard work to get to production and then receive cease-and-desist letters from their attorneys. It would fall under "trade-dress infringement". Not raining on your parade, but thought you should know.

Craig

19. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Keep 'em generic and priced under Clifford's and you'll move 'em. I'd be in.

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i dont think clifford even makes headers or intakes for 223 series engines any longer... cant find em on their website

21. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

Clifford still has 215-223 tube headers. See page 15 of their online catalog. A couple of months ago one of the early Ford vendors showed a cast iron header for pickups. I have not found that one on a recent search though.

I have a '53 Courier with a 215" six with an Offy dual intake and a Fenton split header. This system collects to a single 2.5" pipe just forward of a 24" long bullet style glass pack. Perfomance is very good for a engine originally rated at 101 HP. If Krag produces a repro you will like it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  22. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

I linked this tread over on the Fordsix forum. There might be some interest there.

23. oltruckag

oltruckag

I'm interested if the price is reasonable...

24. bubba22349

bubba22349

I have been hunting for a used set of 223 Fenton's for a few years!

25. krag4201

krag4201

I'm looking into this still of course the logo would have to come off. I paid $2800 dollars for my NOS setup so far prices are going to be high just to break even I'll let you know.

26. jax59

jax59
    from nor cal

how about a repoped 2x1 intake similer to the fenton

27. I'm all in for intake AND exhaust manifolds! I care not about the logo! Hope to hear from you soon!

28. Clifford does still make the headers for the 54 Fords. Search for 53-0030 for the cars and 53-0020 for the trucks. I just bought a set of 53-0030's

29. Clifford does still make them, I just bought a set for my Inline 6, 223, 54 Customline. The part number is 53-0030 for car and 53-0020 for truck. Give them a call.