Register now to get rid of these ads!

It Happened in Monterey...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh. My. God. That Mercury is perfection!!!! Ya know what I like the early customs best? Because you can get a custom which is classy out the ass-y with it's sleek and sexy design, space for the kids, and Chris-Craft stance but you also get the best of both worlds with all that early Ford and Merc parts!!! The engine which is beautiful is the same setup as the Pete Henderson Roadster.....which I sought out all the parts for and the chassis is all the good stuff you come to learn about hot rods. It's like the best of both worlds!!!! Put a bid in for me will ya, I'm good for it.

As far as Concourse at Pebble Beach goes, it's on my bucket list of things to do. I drool over the coverage of that show I think more then any other. I need to get there next year which I think is the next year they're doing a hot rod class?

3. Lancer

Lancer

Hot Rod class next year, that would be amazing. I'm planning on going next year for sure. Just missed it this year.

4. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've been the General Admission route a couple of times,and it was well worth the admission price.This coming from a sports nut who won't buy tickets to the game(I sold my pair of SB XXX tickets because I don't fight traffic in my own living room)So,coming from a bottom line,maximum value guy,this is well worth the 200 sheckels they charge now.I might even up it to Club D'Elegance admission next time.

5. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Now that the Edwards has been unearthed from the Hartung collection, will it be on display at Pebble Beach this year? Even if it's not the original chassis underneath, I hope the new owner was invited to bring it out.

6. Just an FYI ...

The "Hemmings Find of the Day – 1940 Mercury" article was wriiten by HAMBer Daniel Foul Strohl ... and a bit of the Merc's restoration was chronicled right here on the HAMB ... in ZDiddy's (er, I mean 32 Barn Car's) Original '40 Merc. Southern California Custom thread.

7. Rocky and his brother jangleguy are there. Loock for the guy with the Diet Dr Pepper in hand

8. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the Pebble coverage and the follow-on postings. For the record, it is "on the 18th green", not on the lawn, but it really doesn't matter. I used to go every year, for several years in a row, when I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. We used to go down on Tuesday and come home on the Monday after the concours. It was car overload. There is so much to see and do in the Monterey area. The historic races at Laguna Seca are not to be missed. Last time I was there was 2008. Should be there now. The Merc is certainly Pebble Beach quality, and I hope it has a chance to be displayed there.

(o[]o)

9. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take lots of pics, I can't make it out there this year either, bummer.

Thanks Muchly.

10. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

You know. I live about 40 minutes from this freakin place and I have never been for either the historics or the concors... I cant belive I have not. I feel so robbed and it is nobodys fault but my own. I used to go to laguna seca as a kid for the indy races.

maybe next year.

11. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

On the bucket list, of course.
    Unfortunately I'm on the wrong coast and in the wrong tax bracket.
    Plenty of coverage on the auctions, concourse, races and side shows online to put me there in spirit.

12. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

They have a new class of sport customs this year. I'll have some pix soon. If you want to take it all in on Sunday, get there about 5 am for "Dawn Patrol".

13. gyronaut

gyronaut

Here's a few pics from Friday's races at Laguna Seca...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. gyronaut

gyronaut

...and a few from the auctions and just around town...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the Gyronaut with the Jim Morrison/Von Dutch Motorcycle. The Gyronaut hadn't been out in public in 42 years...

[​IMG]