Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Billy F. Gibbons - ZZ TOP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harrison, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone here actually know Billy Gibbons?

Looks like he's a relatively common participant in the Texas hot rod world.

JH

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

He's a participant in the hotrod world in general. First class guy, too.

3. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

No, but I saw him at ZZ Top concert here in Helsinki July 21st. They played great.

4. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I think he's related to the guy who owns Gibbons Fiberglass bodys. and if i recall i think the one piece hood on the eliminator 34' ford is is the prototype for the one piece hood the make.

5. I don't actually know him but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

6. hahahahaha

7. tinmann

tinmann

In 1997, ZZ Top played a concert in sleepy little Prince George, B.C., Canada. We thought they must have gotten a little lost to be so far off the beaten track. Well anyway, we locals decided to park a bunch of hot rods outside of the venue so that they would be noticed during the sound check. The general thinking was that Billy would be drawn to us like a moth to a flame. He did not appear. It was a decent concert, not great. Billy is not my friend.

8. Not even remotly close. Gibbons Fiberglass in is Gibbons, Nebraska and was started by Dwight Bond.
    I've known Dwight for over 30 years and Billy for about 15.

9. I share the same last name but don't know him.:)

10. What do you expect from a guy who misspells a word in his "signature" ? :D

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

There are lots of his look-a-likes up in our local Amish community...
    (Not Rich Venza,but Billy Gibbons) Haa!

12. fogs58

fogs58
    from ooo

This is great LOL

13. so are you trying to see if hes maybe a hamber useing a different name? if he is do you think he'd come out and say hay yeah thats me ?

id like to meet him someday but i think the only way i could is if i go to some car show out west someplace

14. I think it's PorknBeaner.

15. I don't know him:confused:

16. You're kidding, right? You guys came up with a scheme expecting that you'd meet the guy; he doesn't show, and then you're mad?

I'm mad you didn't show up for my birthday party!

17. I have used both Zig Zags and Top rolling papers. So, I know him, in spirit...

18. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Never meet the man but had the "eliminator tour" poster on my wall when I was a young pup.

19. davidh73750

davidh73750

guy I know in laredo knows him. Met him at toby keiths bar and grille in okc on a thurs afternoon having a few beers. Went to the pisser and he came in and stood at the stall next to me. I wanted to say "a how how how!" who else can say they pissed next to him. ROFL

20. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

I stood in line with him for a beer at Barrett Jackson a couple years ago.....

21. von zipper

von zipper

I wish he would quit living the life I would!!! I'm quite jealous! If I win that lotto tho........................:cool::cool::cool:

22. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

In an article about my shop the author said I look like the 4th member of ZZ Top, and, I have owned a '48 Cadillac Sedanette longer than Gibbons has had Cadzilla, but I don't know him and I don't believe I know anyone who does.

23. BISHOP

BISHOP

I know a guy who knows him. His brothers step sisters ex-boyfriens uncle lived three blocks from a dude who had an aunt that her cousins uncle said he was best friends with a guy in high school that knew a friend of Billys.

24. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

Sorry i don't know him either but i did see him doing graffiti on some womans handbag at the 2010 Uk supernats .

Attached Files:

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Let me correct the title:
    Billy Gibbons; Coolest Dude on the Planet

26. Boy! Thats a lot more than 7 degrees of separation.

27. WTF dude?!?!?

No, I was just wondering if anyone knew the guy. Like the title says.

Dipshit.

- Jim

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  28. I've met him twice, and seen them in concert 8 times, but I sure as hell don't "Know" him ....

29. n847

n847

Me too. My dad had the poster and I found it in the garage! Hung it in my room, when my dad saw it he bought me tickets and took me to the Recycler tour show in Dayton. First concert I ever went to! Coincidentally also the first time I smelled the reefer!

30. I usually don't care for the worshiping of celebrities, but the dude can wear an artichoke like nobody else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.