Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speed Week 2012 - Post Here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Aug 10, 2012.

1. RenoWrench

RenoWrench
    from Reno

Threw another round of pics up in my Flickr gallery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. firingorder1

firingorder1

I did the return run this morning. The little 33 inch single popped off a 127.931 for the mile and gave me a record 128.73 mph on a 104 record. We head for home tomorrow a bunch of happy puppies!!

[​IMG]
    By weslake at 2012-08-15

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

RenoWrench - Thanks for pics

4. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Conrads on the record "firingorder1"... Must be sweeeeeeetttttttttt!!!!!

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

firingorder1 - WOW!! Congratulations. Ya did real good. Thanks for letting us know. you guys are not puppies, you Hot Dogs.

6. jerry

jerry

Thank you Chick and Tony from an old H.A.M.B. fart. Wouldnot have been the same without meeting and sharing with you and the rest of the crew!

jerry

7. mojo66

mojo66

I talked to Doug pierce a few times at speedweek... Jim hamilton, who built the flathead in the roadster, built the 427 side oiler in my car.. I live close to them. As of Monday, they had completed their first liscense run at 126mph. No issues. Ran good and straight. They are gunning for a 153 record. I hope they get it! I have a pic of the car after the first run, will try to post the pic tomorrow.

8. Got a picture of you with big brother (heh) watching over your shoulder.

[​IMG]

9. not dead yet

not dead yet

Great pictures...thanks for sharing!

10. Given that there was some rainy weather......did everyone get a chance
    to run?

11. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Sophie, at the risk of sounding like an old pervert, you are pleasing to my eye and thankyou for the great pics. !!:D

12. firingorder1

firingorder1

CG The photo of big brother watching me work was taken in impound. I wanted to adjust the fuel pressure regulator. It sits below the sidecar platform and the fuel filler cap sticks through the platform. Running in the gas class means your fuel tank is sealed with tape and marked so if you break the seal you are out of the gas class and any runs you make in the gas class are ineligible for a record.

The tech inspector was there to make sure I didn't do any monkey business with the gas and to reseal the filler when I had it all back together.

13. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Just got back a few hours ago, way too tired to post anything, maybe in a few days.

14. My first Bonneville adventure, an it couldn't of been better. Looking at all Bonneville 2012 threads, an I feel like I'm still there. I met and hung out with a lot of great Hambers. Learned soooo much valuable info, being a fly on the wall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made the trek out there with, Jim Kitchen. For this years SpeedWeek, he's the official SCTA photographer. So cruising around in his, 28 Mercury torpedo Salon and seeing all the cars was a great. He also does the program, so he knows what's in most everything he sees. A great learning experience, again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have more I'm going to post, of the random pics I took at the FlatCad Teams, pits. Good times!

16. It was kind of interesting. I had never really watched how closely they keep an eye on everything.

I liked the story the tech inspector told about the fella running side car class and "fudging" the width of the rear track. Never really understood cheating, how can a person feel good about winning anything if he can only do it by breaking the rules.

Congrats again on your record!

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

J. Fishbeck - Thanks for pics.........just heard from a crew member that last year's record setting roadster #911 threw a rod at Mile 3 doing 294 MPH with two miles to go. back next year.

18. I thought this was a pretty funny sign ....

[​IMG]

19. RenoWrench

RenoWrench
    from Reno

You've got some pretty nice pics in that group there Fishbeck, thanks.

20. hotrodwelder

hotrodwelder

Sophiedwina, was that your "quickshade that was in our camp? Lol!!!

21. Blam

Blam

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  22. Blam

Blam

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. I overheard John say he had to clean out the 'aluminum soup' the engine made. The roadsters are my favorite thing to watch.. 'specially when they're haulin' ass!

It was a pleasure meeting, Vince. His blown 'Gimmy' runs "real", well an is always a pleasure to watch and listen to, going down the track!

Thanks! Glad to share

24. firingorder1

firingorder1

Thanks. The close eye the tech guys keep on everything is one of the reasons SCTA records are recognized world wide.

25. Long course was closed Sat but up and running Sunday. The big boys simply ran course 2 on Sat. Yes, everyone got to run. There were 4 courses total.

26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Blam - Thanks for pics

27. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

semi hijack....

10 years ago today, my dad set a record of 229.737 in the car below. somehow, he was able to get a decent signal and call me at the office soon after.

it was just a bit over 3 years ago that my cousin, Barry, was killed in this same car.

[​IMG]

28. cagedruss

cagedruss

Any updates from Tuesday or Wednesday? SCTA page is not updated.

Thanks,

Russ

29. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

What went wrong on that run?
    Sorry for your loss.

30. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

For whatever reason, just lost control at the 5 mile mark and flipped/rolled several times.