Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for econoline truck, upstate NY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by syracusegli, Aug 4, 2012.

1. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

Well long story short, My father use to own this econoline pick up, he sold it to a friend and another friend chopped the top. The builder has since passed. And we are trying to locate the car and perhaps get it back. I dont know if its even around or what state it might be in. If anyone has any info or knows of one thats chopped... its prolly one of the only ones chopped..(maybe)

long shot but its worth a try . No one in the fam has pics either of course so i really have nothing to go off of. I can find out who last owned the car..and again upstate Ny area

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Back in December I saw one that looked chopped from a short distance on Rte. 12 near New Hartford heading towards Utica. I couldn't get a good look at because of traffic but there was also a 65 Comet that may have been a Cyclone sitting with it. They looked to be sitting at a closed up gas station turned into a shop . Good luck with the hunt and hope this helps you out.

3. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

thanks! hey its better than nothing. I will atleast take the drive and hope it still is outside

4. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Was it a 3 window or a 5 window pickup?

5. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

3 window.

more info-

custom headlights, front end, louvered tailgate and it was lowered

6. olds vroom

olds vroom

What year truck was this ? There is a chopped ford truck on Craig's list in Warner's ny under rat rod

7. Econoline pickups were made like 1961-1968.

8. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

9. flatglass

flatglass

Hi, I looked at a pickup last year on long Island I believe it was yellow..Top was chopped the front was custom and it had a louvered or no tailgate..I might have pics I will look.. For some reason I remember grey paint somewhere on the truck maybe inside the cab..
    I think it it had a visor too

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  10. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

oo! i hope you have pics!

11. flatglass

flatglass

No pics sorry..
    Had a good deal of mods..Trying to remember all but may start getting my vans mixed up..It was a three window and the dash may have had some work to but can't be sure..and I am pretty sure it was older than my Econoline which is a 64..
    The guy picks up old vehicles from all over the place mostly upstate.. cleans them up get them running and flips them..usually has 2-3 on his lawn all the time .I will be in that part of the Island this monday I will stop by and ask about it..

12. flatglass

flatglass

One more thing it was for sale late sept early Oct of 2010..

13. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

bumping this back

14. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

shity pic ,but is this it?

Attached Files:

15. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

this pic was taken in the late eighties at the Charlestown dragway reunion in Rhode Island

16. flatglass

flatglass

Talked to the guy who had the customized pickup on LI.. He really won't offer me anymore info than I had..Really not a very nice guy..Would not tell me where it went.I also went back and checked an old thread where I mentioned it to another vanner but no picture..
    Anyway it was a yellow pre 64 believe it was a 63, chopped top,custom front end(headlights to), and louvered tailgate pretty sure had a visor over windsheild too.. Thick (almost like por15)grey paint somewhere inside truck or bed .. Truck had alot of mods but needed work ..still had a I6 in it..he wanted $2200 from my notes..Truck was sold in fall of 2010.. Would bet it is the truck you are looking for..I will keep my eyes out for it..I will also ask around.I know a few van guys around who might have a picture or know of it.

mike

17. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

not sure, looks cool tho! thanks!

i dont think i mentioned this yet, my dad said when it was sold it was a dark metallic green..

im guessing he sold it late 70's

18. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Theres one of these Econolines at Vince's Upullit right now. Lets just say this one never deserved it's fate.

19. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties