Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 64/65 Comets old drag cars lets see pictures

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by apound, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Muttley

Muttley

2. Muttley

Muttley

3. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Chrismans Comet is an engineering masterpiece!! Thanks Mutts!

4. AFX DAVE

AFX DAVE

Chrismans Comet was originally a 64 AFX Comet with a Supercharged FE 427 Hi Riser with No Trans just a In & Out Box high gear the compleat 1/4 mile. For 65 it was Reskined with 65 sheet metal and 65 Fiberglas Parts. I have seen Jim run the car quite a few times! He doesn't run the full 1/4 mile and I don't blame him. With these Original AFX cars they had there Day! Build a clone and have Fun!! ~~~~~~~~AFX DAVE~~~~~~~~

5. 65COMET

65COMET

I just noticed something on the Chrisman Comet,when they reskinned it they left the early 64 roof rail trim!! I have hung out with Jim Barillaro and the Comet,and never noticed the trim!!! I always get a laugh when people come up to me and tell me about knowing where Chrisman's 64 Comet is,I guess a lot of people do not know the story!Great pictures Mike!! ROY.

6. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

Hahaha! Hidden in plain sight. :D

7. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Great Stuff Muttley!! The craftsmanship in that car is awesome especially for 1965, cant help but admire the dress code then too...Al

8. Cshabang

Cshabang

Chrismans Comet is one of personal favorites...I saw it in Jims garage back in 1990 at his home when he lived here in CT...The 67 was still in the trailer and my father and I got a tour of the shop, etc...I plan on redoing my 65 with some of the traits found on JCs car

9. 65COMET

65COMET

JunkYardFrog;yes,hidden in plain sight is right! I was too busy looking at all the cool fabrication and aluminum work!!!That Comet was WAY ahead of it's time!!!! ROY.

10. JunkYardFrog

JunkYardFrog
    from CA

11. 65COMET

65COMET

Very nice 64,I have that issue!!! I like the paint in between the two trim pieces and the accent on the "V"!! ROY.

12. Muttley:

Special thanks for posting the pic's of Jack's car, my favorite Comet Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Fast Eddie"

13. 65COMET

65COMET

FAST EDDIE;you are back!! How does it feel to be sold to the "highest"[lowest?] bidder?!! I got my confirmation from NHRA for the CHRR and permission from DF to play with the A/FX crew!! Is the Colorado Gang going to make it? ROY.

14. SOHC427

SOHC427

ROY, Don't know about "Special" Ed, but Ken and I are planning on the trip. Look forward to seeing the crew out there!
    Eric

15. 65COMET

65COMET

Eric;look forward to it!! I'm headed to Mission B.C. next month for the Mega Ford Weekend Race,never been there before,hear it is a FAST track!! ROY.

16. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Eric

I hope you guys can drag "SPECIAL" Ed with you. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you at CHRR.....Mike

17. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Originally posted by Muttley on another thread...

Attached Files:

18. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Congrats Roy glad to hear your in...wish you success and all the fun that goes along with it! Same goes for Mega Ford wk.end.....Al

I wish all you other Blue Oval boys success at CHRR too!

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;THANKS,it should be a blast!! Hopefully my old truck engine will run with the big blocks again!!!Really looking forward to the Mega Ford Race,not looking forward to the tow!!! ROY.

20. Roy:

Not sure yet, going back to North Carolina for my Mom's 82nd birthday, the East Coast Drag Racer's Hall of Fame Reunion Show and my 30th High School Reunion all in the same week (Oct 19-28th, 2012). Be fun to see you guys again, I hear Dale's gettin a little low on his Nitro and might need a little for the fuel tank, Ole Eric might have to bring him out a re-supply.

"Special Ed"

21. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie;not sure Dale and the 'ROCKET' will be at CHRR! I think the 'Rocket' has to be in a box headed for Japan and Mooneyes big bash!!!! ROY.

22. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Darn Eddie, you'll be coming east while I'm headed to CA. I did the East Coast Drag News show last year, had a great time. Sorry I won't get to meet you this time around. May Roy can talk Dale into doing pit crew duty if the Rocket is not in service.....Mike

23. <table class="li rsittlref" itemprop="offers" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><tbody itemprop="itemOffered" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Product"><tr itemprop="offers" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><td class="pic lt"> [​IMG] </td> <td class="dtl"> Mercury : Comet N/A ULTIMATE MERCURY GASSER, 427 CAMMER, 600HP, SHOW-QUALITY, 4-...

</td> <td class="trs">
    </td> <td class="bids bin1"> Buy It Now or Best Offer</td> <td class="prc"> $106,995.00
    </td> <td class="tme "> Time left: Time left: 13h 53m </td></tr></tbody></table>

24. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;WOW,it looks great!!! It will be a looker,and a runner,when you are done!!!! ROY

25. MIke:

I hear ya Bro, it would be great to met ya in person, ya never know maybe I'll win the lotto and could fly in on my private jet and land on the Strip! LOL!!!!!!!!

FE

26. 65COMET

65COMET

FAST EDDIE;you BETTER bring a LOT of that hooch,or they will make you land over in the compost piles!!!! ROY.

27. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Good luck to guy's on race day!!!! (AND GETTING THERE!)
    Myron_

28. SOHC427

SOHC427

Does that mean you would buy lunch???
    Sucks we can hardly ever ger all of us on the same page for these races.
    Time and money, can't ever have both at the same time!
    Don't worry to much, Mike, Ole Eddie won't change much, until you get to meet him in person.

Eric

29. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

I'm jonesing to get back home. Family and I are over in England, visiting friends and family. I actually got a chance to drive my altered wheelbase Dart over here! Thats a memory I'll never forget! But- I've got to get home soon! The new bullet is just about ready for the Rocket, and yet another vintage 351 Windsor engine will soon be getting prepped to make a run for Roy and his baby-blue wonder. Side by side wheels up action is what I'm looking for!!!! Oh yeah.......

30. 65COMET

65COMET

Dale;BRING IT!!!!! Have a safe trip home!!! I'm planning an Irwindale session next Thursday. ROY.