Register now to get rid of these ads!

new member from Dallas, Tx

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by GNARLEY49, Aug 11, 2012.

1. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

My name is Henry, and I've been in to custom cars and hotrods since the fourth grade. I started out with hot wheels, then to the big die cast cars, and then, model cars blah blah blah. pretty sure you guys have heard this spill so ill fast forward past that part. My Passion for hot rodding started oddly enough at the age of nine, I was watching tv land with my granny and the monsters was on I think you know where this is going! I will never forget the day I saw and heard that t bucket on my granny's tv, later did I learn it was built by George barris and not Herman munster and his uncle lol. That sparked something in me I started begging my mom for hot rod magazines in the grocery store, and when she would say no id try to sneak em in the basket under her cosmos mags, once my dad seen how interested I was he took me to yellow belly dragstrip to expereinces old school drag racing live! And I don't know if it was the smell of burnt rubber or 4 hours of breathing in 112 octane fuel but I've been addicted every since. One thing I've learned while being around and reading about hot rods is that whereever you see a hot rod a Classic Custom car is close by, so needless to say I fell in love with them too. Custom cars to me aren't just fixed up vehicles, there a reflection of someones dedication, hardwork, and artistic mind. The car doesn't have to be perfect or a top award winner, to me put your own touches on a car that reflect your vision of how it should be and DRIVING it down the road and seeing someone give you a thumbs up or ask " how'd you make it look like that" or hearing some kid tell his mom " wooah look at that cool car" is the best award that can be given IMO...I joined this forum because I want to learn all that I can about hot rods and custom cars and also thought it would be cool to be in a place that is surrounded by people that have the same Passion for hot rods and custom cars as I have...well I think that's enough rambling from me, I'm looking forward to some awesome discussions and gaining lots of knowledge...Rock On!

2. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome Henry from the west coast of Florida.

This is a great place to learn from others who have build cars.

Best of luck. Jimbo

3. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks Jimbo! I'm looking forward to it!

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

5. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks Brother!

6. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

7. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks Ray!

8. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

9. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks Brad!

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Hello and welcome from Oklahoma.

11. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks Brother!

12. Welcome from CT.

13. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks dude!

14. Gropos01

Gropos01

Welcome man . I'm in Dallas as well . Have to hook up some time and bs rods

15. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks brother and that sounds awesome! BTW sweeet impala!

16. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

17. Henry, welcome here, you're intro is nice to read, just what your soul told you to write! sounds similar to me.

Greets, have fun and enjoy this place! ;)

Carsten from far away..

18. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks Brother!

19. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks dude, that's what I live by, doing what my soul and heart tell me to. And I've had a lot of fun so far I'm learning new stuff everday!

20. Sounds like you're taking life the right way, hop in, very welcome! if there's something with wheels, show some pics! i felt very lost in Dallas, but it's 15 yrs ago, huge city!

Carsten

21. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

I'm tryin brother, and yea really big! and seems like its getting more and more congested every year! ill be posting some pics of my 49 tudor I just purchased as soon as I get to a cp. My phone won't let me do it for some odd reason

22. JMel

JMel

Welcome neighbor.

/From Rockwall

23. hope it'll work! if you wanna know anything 'bout Germany, let me know! damn internet! greets to great TX, Bill Haley's one of my fav's!

24. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks dude! You going to the invasion this year?
    I'll definately let you know dude I love learning about other countries! and I got my fingers crossed she should be posted by tonite.

25. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Still haven't been able to get to a cp to add pics of my shoebox, but was able to change my avatar , its a pic from the day I bought it, will post better pics when I get a chance.

26. JMel

JMel

I hope so. Went last year and had a blast. Hope to get the wife out there this year and have both of our cars out there this time...but shes a girly girl who doesnt like the heat, so we'll see...but I'll at least have the 27 out providing I can get my new tri-power working properly.

27. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

That's awesome dude that you and your wife share the love for hot rods and classic cars, I wish my girlfriend was more into the classic car culture. And I hope you get the T running right it would be awesome to see that thing in person. Theres a really cool guy in cedar hill that owns a place in cedar hill called Mister Caburetor he's rebuilt carbs for me in the past and also does the tri power carb setups for Gas Monkey, give him a Hollar if you have any trouble.

28. boutlaw

boutlaw

Great intro. Welcome to the HAMB from Mississippi!

BOutlaw

29. GNARLEY49

GNARLEY49
    from Dallas, Tx

Thanks brother! Niiice Coupe!

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Welcome to the HAMB brother. Bring your ass to the Invasion carshow downtown sept 1st ! Always a good time, and lots of nice rides. You'll dig it for sure, I'll buy you a beer, or a water your choice...

Rick