Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steadfast '32 Deuce Sedan Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steadfast mfg, Aug 9, 2012.

1. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Must have spent an hour looking at your car at the Nats, in the swap meet and the big lot. Love that car, goes on my short list of favorite sedans, Orange Krate, Pinkees green car, Eastwood and Barakat[and the tribute car]. Thanks for the build pics, killer piece, nice work my friend.

2. No doubt if you like '32 Fords you can't help but get excited looking at this sedan.

The work is top notch and you guys have raised the bar for the rest of us. HRP

3. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Awesome car and build. Amazing craftsmanship, fit, and finish.

4. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

VERY VERY NICE ! Its also like texbook on how to rebuild a deuce

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Love the attention to details, the reveal in the rear bar is very nice. Bob [​IMG]

snopeks garage and AV8R like this.
  6. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! The bones are from a '41-48 Ford, and the color of the car is a 1932 Harley-Davidson green. To get the roof line right, it was chopped 3" in the rear, 3 1/8" at the B-pillar and 3 3/8" at the windshield.

7. tinmann

tinmann

You sir, are an artist. The details are mild boggling. Thank you for taking the time to take pics and posting them here to inspire the rest of us mortals.

8. Nice Work! Are the headlights Com. 32's? What reflectors and bulbs are you running? Again Nice Car.

9. I had a dream about redoing my Cdan a while back. It's incanny how close to yours the one in my dream was. A little lighter green. I love it. Understated perfection.

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Saw the car at the Nats last weekend, was my favorite car there!

Stopped by Sunday before the awards to say hello, spoke to your dad.

Keep up the great work!

11. Kurt's Car

Kurt's Car

Congrats Henry,

Unkle Dave said he had a blast riding around with you last Thursday.

Hope your still enjoying the old Rupp roadster.

Great car, enjoy the ride.

12. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

100% perfect..Thanks for sharing.

13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

More metal working skills envy.... Looks awesome! What air cleaner are you running?

14. Ahole

Ahole

15. Very awesome.

Did you replace the rear quarter body lines over the rear wheels? Or did you masterfully rework them? They look great. If you have more photos of that I would appreciate it! Mine are terrible. Love that color. Thanks, J

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

a gorgeous deuce dipped in pea soup goodness! love it!

17. I WAS THINKING. YOU ARE AN, ''US - ARMY '' GUY !! hee hee

18. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

From one sedan guy to another your deuce is fantastic. I always said "If its not steel, its not real and if you don't have a deuce , you don't have shit!" Just my humble opinion. I could be wrong , but I'm not. Great car and the workmanship is beyond splended. Heres a pic of mine.

Attached Files:

19. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Nicest Sedan on the planet!!

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, love the reveal in the rear spreader bar and how it, of course, matches the tank, the frenched in engine mounts, color (VW?), stance, super tight! Nice!!!

21. Montana32

Montana32

Man, that is a nice tudor!! Stance is spot on.

22. Joe's 32 Ford Sedan

Joe's 32 Ford Sedan

That is one fantastic build ed 32 ford sedan. I am building one my self. I zee the chassis 3" in the rear, raised the rear panel below the rear window3" so the gas tank would fit in the stock location. I raised the wheel house 2"for at least 3" tire clearance.I live in SoCal and the roads are not that good any more. My 32 roadster I drive has at least 3 plus inches of clearance. I hope mine looks as good as yours. Joe

23. I love this car! The subtle tricks like the rear spreader and the engine mounts are outstanding. That's true attention to detail.

The paint work on the frame and body look phenominal. It looks like it was done in porcelain and put in a kiln and fired at 1000 degrees. It doesn't have a look of a coating, like paint. It looks bakelite. I dig it!

A little tight on the wheel opening in the rear, but that's nit-picking. To me, this car is timeless.

24. chevy2junk

chevy2junk

I don't understand why some people keep fussing about the rear ride hight .When you look at a car and can't beleive it can possiblly roll ,then it drives off].Thats when its right .Simplicity and understatment are the keys to cars like this .Sadly many people loose their keys.

25. A little tight on the wheel opening in the rear, but that's nit-picking. To me, this car is timeless QUOTE FLAT-N-LOW

WHEEL OPENING body side ---I was thinking the same thing, but I think it's a matter of preference. My thought is rocks hitting the inner body panel. More importantly, my worry would be suspension clearance between tire and top of quarter, if you drive them hard like I do anyway. Cars are built different in California, not to say it's a good or bad thing. It's always been that way. Clean straightforward car, though.

Also, the color is off of a 1932 Harley Davidson. They made motorcycles for World War I and World War II. The color's an army color. Neat on this car.

" Real Hot Rods don't have fenders "

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  26. DragFrame

DragFrame

That car is driven hard... a mixture of cole trickle, lightning mcqueen, steve mcqueen, john force, and travis pastrona. Been friends with Hank since 6th grade its built to go hard and it does

27. Joe's 32 Ford Sedan

Joe's 32 Ford Sedan

I was looking at the chassis photos and can see air bags on the rear ladder bars which can be inflated to raise the ride height. But the car looks great down on the tires.I just could not see driving that close to the tires.The car is outstanding. Joe.

28. QUOTE=Joe's 32 Ford Sedan;8053509]I was looking at the chassis photos and can see air bags on the rear ladder bars which can be inflated to raise the ride height. But the car looks great down on the tires.I just could not see driving that close to the tires.The car is outstanding. Joe QUOTE

Thanks Joe!! I see it.

" Real hot rods don't have fenders "

29. I was so mesmerized from the chassis shots I totally missed that. I stand corrected on my earlier comment about the tight fit between the tire and the opening. I looks so right the way it sits low and still has the stock wheel opening reveals. When you start raising the reveal to clear the tires, the flow of the rear of the car starts getting out of whack. Ford hit a home run when they designed those cars, and you have to be very careful when you start changing stuff around. This '32, to me, is proportionally perfect.