Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

he has all the parts. all the good stuff!!!

2. 440 deluxe

440 deluxe

its a 39 real 2dr sorry i cant get the pics up right now. all original and solid!!! got to love those willys.

3. Willys gasser

Willys gasser
    from PA.

Hay Kev Looking at those wheel stand pic's, one question How many licence plate brackets do you go thru?? or is it one of those swing aways???

4. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

C/gas

Attached Files:

• bob.jpg
      bob.jpg
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
  5. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Cool times

Attached Files:

6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Does anyone have pictures of Dean Minks 41 Hemi powered Willys He campaigned the car out of Broadhead, Ky and Reading, Oh before going to SSAA 68 race Hemi Cudas He ran at Somerset dragstrip in Somerset, Ky and BLUEGRASS dragstrip in Nicholasville, Ky

7. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

It is a miracle we have the amount of pictures that we do. Especially from the early days.

Today we are so used to having cell phone cameras with us and have the ability to take a picture of anything anytime.

When I first went to drag races as a teenager I can honestly say I wasn't ever thinking about taking pictures. It wasn't until I was much older that I took a camera..... a " Kodak Instamatic"
    [​IMG]

8. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Hey pa- theres a 67 opel coupe body on the bay for sale not many around if you need stuff. Also said something about a 40 willys chassis too !

9. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Yes I am! haha It's a fun little car. And now he seems to trust me enough to take it out. I went a few rounds last time we had it out, taking it out again on Saturday for oen of our lcoal Gasser Races, had to get some new slicks for it, burned the old ones up! haha He said you're busy working on the Opel? And Yes his Willys was called "The Godfather" I'll scan some pics and post them.

10. BADGAS

BADGAS
    from AUSTRALIA

Has anyone heard of a steel 41 Willys called "HOMBRE" or "L HOMBRE" that was raced or getting built to race well over 20 years ago???
    It might of been painted green or just the front was painted green.
    It may have been from CA.
    I am still trying to find out more details about the car as the bloke that owns it now said that the faded poloriod picture is hard to see.
    It might be mine soooon.

11. BADGAS

BADGAS
    from AUSTRALIA

It is a 40 or 41 Coupe and it was built or getting built as a Gasser.
    It has a 41 front and a 40 dash.

12. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

A few more from 99.

Attached Files:

13. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

HEY STU IN THAT FIRST PIC THE FAR WILLYS WITH THE STRIPES WAS A FREIND OF MINE MR JIMMY...FROM NEW ORLEANS.... THE TAZMANIAN DEVIL WILLYS.. HE PASSED RECENTLY , TALKED TO HIS SON WAS PUTTING A NEW AXEL UNDER FRONT. THINKTHAT WAS THE GATEWAY GATHERING IN 99 WENT TO IT ,WAS A NICE MEET. I HAVE TONS OF PICS I MISPLACED FROM THAT SHOW BEEN TRYING TO LOCATED THEM ,WILL POST WHEN I DO .I PUT ALL MY WILLYS BUILD PICS AND THOSE TOGHETHER AND LOST THEM. THATS WHAT I GET FOR CLEANING UP ! :confused:

14. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

This one Rocky?

Attached Files:

15. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

oh yeah thats the one ! it was one of the first around here in the 90,s .my other bud sold him a large coke machine he turned into a trailer . use to pull it around, drove that thing a lot ! old mister jimmy !thanks for showing :) < think i sold him the rear slots 15 x12? been a while though >

16. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

stu... who was the guy with the primered 40 i believe went up on a wheelie and came down bent the chassis at the firewall ... that was a wild shot happened right in front of me and my son !:eek: got some footage on old tape need to convert it some how.

17. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

got the program around here some where with ohio george and big john signing it and pics of my truck !:) ....this is the entry tag came across from 99

Attached Files:

18. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think your talking about Dave Hale's old willys. It was before he purchased it back.

19. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

oh thats right :D man that was a wild ride ... thanks for refreshing me mind !

20. 33HEMI

33HEMI

21. nolly

nolly

22. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

that was the money shot came down hard ! thanks 33-seems like yesterday... ps its was blazin hot temp that day !

23. BADGAS

BADGAS
    from AUSTRALIA

I have now paid a deposit on the Willys
    "Hombre" was painted on the drivers door

The Willys was from Valmeyer Illinois 62295 and was owned by Paul Burnett .

24. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Attached Files:

25. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

nice one kyle ----does it have a name yet ?

26. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

No idea who owns this car rocky. a friend of mine sent me these photos. it was at an A&W cruise night in Ingersoll in 2011 and the London Speed and Custom show earlier this year.

27. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Anyone remember this car?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Al Zerbarinni from Stamford, Ct. Al passed away a few months ago. More on this car at doverdragstrip.com

29. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

30. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Cool stuff Dino! We just got the car and are going to be hooking up fuel lines, water pump and a little wiring to have it ready to go to Indy at the end of the month. Ron is a good customer of ours, we built the engine in his Arioso Brothers Coupe and are currently building an engine for the Jack Merkel's 39 B/GS black Willys Coupe. Ron is a cool guy and for me it's an honor to be working on pieces of drag racing history like these cars. So cool we have the front clip and the deck lid from the Bee Line sitting in the office!

JW