Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collector cars stolen in WA state

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rramjet, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wow....gated and all that...sure need to up my insurance to $150,000....

2. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Weird, the neighbor put a hole in the wall with his truck and just left. Man I would be pissed. Hope he gets his cars back.

3. eyes looking in Tacoma....

4. russd

russd

150,000$? Each?

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

The story sounds a little funny to me...

6. BISHOP

BISHOP

real fishy story

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

For sure a little questionable

8. Willy301

Willy301

And a 6k reward???? Something isn't right in whoville...Not pointing fingers, but sure seems fishy...

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

“It breaks my heart,” he said of the theft."

that's not what I would have said.

not seeing how the story is fishy, this shit happens all the time. it is happening right now somewhere.

I live where my cars are, but if I didn't I don't think I'd leave the keys there. gonna have to work a little if you are going to steal my stuff.

10. 117harv

117harv

If you are going to have the keys in the same area as the cars, might as well just leave them in the ignition? Another vote for something doesn't sound right.

11. BISHOP

BISHOP

I bet those cars were in a nice garage....... Do you know how hard you have to hit a building to knock a hole big enough to climb into.

You have to know where to hit it too.

12. I don't get the garagetown thing, where you just have a shop in a complex with a bunch of other shops. I assume that is what this is.
    I wonder if there are any security camera recordings of this?

~Alden

13. gwayne

gwayne

hum, when did the idiot neighbor crash into the garage and when did "if believed" some other thieves just walked in opened the key box , took the keys and drove the classic chevy's out... Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.. you normally don't keep the keys to classic's in a keybox in the same place as the cars... hope he gets them back, if not on the way to SE Asia .... :confused:

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

What? No alarm? And the cars are worth what? $150K each? Wonder what insurance company he as.

15. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

I would hope he had security cameras... I have had problems at my shop... I installed 9 cameras... and baited the yard... the guy that stole my forklift and 39 ford chassis for scrap, is now serving time...

16. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

This one smells like day old fish. There is more to this one than a simple theft, IMO. Insurance job ?

Don

17. so someone hit the wall, walked away, and soooomeone else came in and literally drove off in the cars like nothing?? did they drive out of the same hole? sounds like hes not that worried about his cars, he only want s to give $6k for cars that are worth $300k... oops am i thinking out loud...

18. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

And the world's flat !

19. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

For 6 grand I'd hire some muscle to kick the neighbor's ass around the planet until he 'fessed up.:confused:

20. Nice neighbor... with friends like that, who needs enemas?

Bob

21. Reads like he and his neighbor are trying to scam the insurance company.:rolleyes:

22. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And they left that Packard Clipper? Idiots!!

You can see it behind the Chevelle pic...

23. Yeah...something's rotten in Denmark here. I'd be twisting that neighbor in knots until he fessed up about having a hand in this.

24. He collects $300K from the ins. co. & drives his two cars down the road happilly ever after !!! Anyone wondering why your ins. premiums go up ?? :confused: Might be a connection between him & his neighbor. Either way he is a damn crook. :mad:

25. something tells me the insurance co. isn't going to rollover that easy. guess even the guys that own big construction companies are showing their true colors on how they might have gotten so big milking the insurance co. a time or two.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This story is so full of holes, it's not worth the time to discuss it. I'm going cruising.

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

What kind of '70 Chevelle SS is worth $150k? Or for that matter the Corvette (even with factory 396) at that price today? Considering what the mrket is, I'd say he might replace both for a little over half that insurance money.
    I can't imagine a neighbor punching a hole with his truck, and leaving. I'd be camped out until my neighbor came there, or until the hole was fixed if I accidentally opened the wall. I'd say the neighbor pays for the hole and the stolen cars if he even accidentally gave the crooks access.
    I bet there's more to this than the news story.

28. Larry T

Larry T

If the Chevelle is a numbers matching LS-6, it's a pretty pricy car and so is a numbers matching big block Corvette. But I think he's about doubled the value of the cars.

If the owner isn't involved, I sure would be on the guy that crashed into the building. That REALLY stinks. I would think he (or his insurance company) would be on the hook for the damages and theft. You can get in a pretty big jam for "leaving the scene of an accident" around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.