Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sutton Engineering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Anyone use Sutton Engineering for 9" shortening? I've read some old posts that recommend them when they were in LA area. They're in La Habra now, I'm looking for feedback and tips???. I've had issues with Currie the last 2 rears (months over estimate time and lost parts that I had to argue to get back). I called them today and Ed sounds like a nice guy............?

2. 46Chief

46Chief

Take it to Cooks Machine. Fast and Right, they can do it in their sleep and they are good guys.

3. gallagher

gallagher
    from califorina

used him years ago had him rebuild my posi and replace bearings a friend had a 9 inch shortened for his car and it was dead on and done in about 3 days but that was about 1996

4. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

We had him narrow and rebuild the 9in. for my sons 55 Chevy. We are happy with his work, and it was done on time.

5. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

I talked to him earlier this year about shortening some c clip axles..
    Real straight forward guy..not ready to send them yet, but he will be doing it when the time comes !
    Dave

6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Dan,
    Will 2nd that! I'm biased though since we're partners Cook-Cyclone.

I did try Sutton, when the were in City of Industry in 97, Dropped off a drive shaft Cyclone equipped quickie for my A-chassied 27 T-ster, was given the run around, after 2mos of waiting for the shaft to cut down to 47-1/2" and needing to be resplined=6 spline.

Picked up my shaft, he had a slight attitude, I felt kinda :confused:. Took it to Cook's Machine Works, Paul and Jim were a little apprehensive @ 1st,but said that they'd have it done by the next day Dec 24th @ Noon. True to their word it was:D!

We've always done business and it all comes out great, try em Dan.
    You make like em.

7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Pat and Jim are good people, and run a impressive setup. Their work on display at LARs 2012 was second to none.