Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with a Schroeder in a 34

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Xman, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Xman

Xman

I'm going to run a schroeder steering in my 34 3W. I'd like some input from anyone that has done it.
    How do you mount the brake and clutch peddles so they clear. I want to use 40 peddles mounted at the floor as apposed to hanging from the firewall. I know I can shorten them but will lose some leverage.
    I'd like some ideas about mounting the schroeder also.
    Willing to listen to all ideas except, Don't do it.

2. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you get the 8:1 box and then a doubler to get a 16:1 ratio, or do you want just a 6 or 8:1 box?

3. Xman

Xman

Jim
    I'm interested in mounting info - I don't have the steering yet because I need to know exactly where it is going to go. I can then measure the distance from column C/L to the out side of the cowl. I want to avoid going through the hood side panel and leave room for the peddles too. Once I have all the info, I'll order from schroeder exactly what I need.
    If I have to, I'll guesstimate it and then make it work.
    It ain't as easy as I would have thought.
    Dan

4. 333tinman

333tinman
    from MASS.

Hi, I'm sure i saw a how to in street rodder. It was done at the rolling bones shop. I'm not sure what month maybe someone else knows.

5. alchemy

alchemy

34's have short cowls. You will need to turn the car to the left to even open the door if you put the sector through the cowl. Might be best to move it forward and have a notch in the hood.