Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 Dodge Wayfarer SEDAN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockable, Aug 5, 2012.

1. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Based on information from my wife, I originally started a thread about a 1950 Wayfarer Coupe. After receiving pictures, it is clearly a sedan and I like it better.

This car is a one owner and has been in a barn or garage for most of it's life. The kids dug it out in the late 90's and prettied it up a bit for his birthday. Now, he has passed on and the kids want to sell it. I have dibs.

I will likely do a custom build.....after I finish my other projects. :) It's not a Merc but it's kind of cool, IMO. Does anyone have any pictures of Wayfarer customs? If so, I would sure like to see them.

I tried to post the pictures but couldn't get them to upload. Maybe later.

2. jimbousman

jimbousman

Here are a few:

Attached Files:

3. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just as I thought. They look best lowered, perhaps taildragger, and a two tone paint scheme helps sharpen them up. Thanks!

4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pictures!​

Attached Files:

5. that looks to be pretty clean car. what are they asking? is it fluid drive or just a manual?

6. Holy crap!!! That's the nicest one I've seen since I've owned mine!! Can't post pics from my phone and I don't think I've updated my build tgread since I bought mine but I've finally got mine roadworthy with a 360/904 combo. Getting a windshield put in this weekend then I'll be cruising. Good luck with yours, and keep posting pics of that beauty

7. sweet!!!!!!!! Love me some old Mopars.

8. 58prostreet

58prostreet

Rock
    That looks really nice. Tracey is going to get pictures of mine for u this weekend.
    Bob

9. wayfarer

wayfarer

My '49 sedan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

I always thought I'd like to have one of those and make a copy of Lee Petty's old stock car. Very nice.
    Tom

11. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

Kickass car!!!!!!!! how about a 1950 Swinger. 340 4 speed sleeper :eek:

12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I borrowed these pictures from www.royboyproductions.com Johnny Torres owns one
    kool Kustom and he drives the wheels off of it. I wouldn't think twice about taildragg'n
    one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Trails, Mick

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, Bob!

14. 58prostreet

58prostreet

Straykatkustoms
    I may be wrong, but that purple car looks like a Plymouth Concord with a slight chop and slanted B pilars. No matter what, it is a beautiful car.
    Bob

15. Yea i am pretty sure his car is a plymouth. I have club members with one of of each car.

16. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Backend of this car really seals the deal for me. Just too clean....I like it!

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know that it is a Plymouth, I was comparing the body lines too the Dodge. Your project
    could be as kool as Johnny's with some hard work.... Good luck.

Happy Trails, Mick

18. The stock lines between the dodge and the plymouth the plymouth wins hands down for me. Not that the dodge isn't a good looking car i just dig the more rounded body on the ply.

19. tracktor312

tracktor312
    from ma

Very nice I have a 49 Wayfarer that I am doing. I have kept the body stock but dropped in a 318 with a 4 speed. I hope it looks as good as yours someday!

Attached Files:

20. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I looked at the car this weekend. It is a nice solid car that would make a great project for someone. Unfortunately, I already have two incomplete projects, so I passed. If anyone near Atlanta is interested, shoot me a PM and I will try to hook you up.

Nice job traktor312!

21. sololobo

sololobo

Loves me some MoPar rides. Really a sweet fastback,congrats!, enjoy, it is certainly special and way cool. ~sololobo~