Register now to get rid of these ads!

This is my first time...

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by ReevesRacing, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ReevesRacing

ReevesRacing

to attend and also run my car at the Nationals. My dad got approved as well.
    Here is my question, what is the format? Is it like a test and tune/exibition event where you can run as much as you want with staging lanes set aside for some grudge runs or is a bracket style with dial-ins?

Be gentle...

Mitch

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

More like a social event held at a dragstrip. There will be classes. You will be able to make a couple of time passes. More fun than serious racing. If you want to do some test and tune, the strip should be open Friday night for the regular test and tune. Personally I would spend Friday evening at the host hotel parking lot.

John

3. madmak95

madmak95

No bracket raceing here. Run Whatcha brung ...... all out raceing. Most fun is to find someone u want to race.. even match type of thing. Line up behind each other ,tell the track crew u want to run the guy behind you and have fun.

4. bigken

bigken

How are you with names? Because your probably going to make a sh*tload of new friends.......
    Your gonna have fun......even AT the track.

5. ReevesRacing

ReevesRacing

Well I am okay with names, and I am sure I will have fun but my car is just a hopped up 302 and only runs 12.80s so I won't be empressing anybody... we built it to be fun and to not break. I have about 70 passes on it this year and haven't had any troubles. I think the line up go aspect will be a lot of fun. My dads 63 Biscayne will be there to. I hope the heat gives us a break that weekend. Thanks for the replies guys!

6. madmak95

madmak95

You wont have any problem finding some good heads up racing. Be plenty of ford vs chevy vs dodge vs pontiacs.........

7. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Reeves if you want to run someone in particular, put them behind you in the lanes, and tell Gary at the head of the lanes what is going on. He will get you on the track together.

Also if you want to give or get a spot, we can do that too, just tell us how much!

I am pretty sure we have been calling cars by class, but if the guy you want to run is in a different class, just come up with them ad let us know. Our motto is we honor all reasonable requests!

8. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

What are you bringing this year??? I`m leaving the `40 home so I can bring a surprise!!!

tom t

9. madmak95

madmak95

Don't be holding out on us Tom......
    We bringing the red T again. Still heaving problems tho....

10. BLAKE

BLAKE

If you drive it to the track, find the Yay-Hoos and register for the Yay-Hoo Cup... awarded for the quickest run by a car driven to the event (>150 miles). Previous winners were into the 10's, but you never know what might happen out there!

If you win, yer name goes on the cup for posterity and you get a bitchin' dash plaque (stamped by RYAN hisself!) to rub under yer hoodlum buddies' noses... because you did it and they didn't... and that rules.

[​IMG]

11. ReevesRacing

ReevesRacing

That plate would be super cool to win Blake, but I'm afraid my car is no where near street leagle or has near enough $$ put into the engine to be the fastest car. I'm gonna' have a ton of fun just the same. I am looking forward to seeing all the cars and not being looked at funny because I made a boxy Comet into a race car. :)
    Mitch

12. Fang

Fang
    BANNED

Lets see, 87 miles to Mokan, 100-87=13. But then, hope to drive back home that makes 174 + 1/4 mile 3-4 times. Do I qualify? lol

13. Wells

Wells

It will be my first time, I won't have anything hamb worthy, I'll be driving a black c6 vette. But I can't wait to see how things work. hopefully I don't get too much crap for driving the vette.

14. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Wells, you're driving down from Illinois to see the HAMB Drags? That's cool. I'd suggest you hang out at the Holiday Inn and convention center Friday night, check out the cars, visit with the HAMB folks, and then be prepared to see some out-of-sight vintage drag racing the next day at Mokan. Who knows, maybe next year you'll show up in a C1 Corvette!

15. Fang

Fang
    BANNED

I had a black vette once, red one now. Do you know how dusty that black vette is gonna get at the drags. Of course, black looks good with a sheen of dust. Have fun my friend! Drop by n see hi.

16. Wells

Wells

Thanks! I'll be sure to look for ya. what will you be driving?