Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see your: Alternative Transportation Cool Bicycles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ka-zoo, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

2. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

Here's one I bought from Fat Hack a few weeks back. All I've done to it is shim up the handle bar clamp thing with a Budweiser can and run some random bolt through the clamp to try and keep the handle bars from falling over when I ride. It's got all kinds of class.

Attached Files:

• bike.JPG
      bike.JPG
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
  3. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

here is mine i bought from here, and a pic of my chicks before i redid it

4. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

5. GaryC

GaryC

Here is one I've been tinkering with on and off.. It's a '48 Evans that has a tank that I'm respraying as well. The tank and frame both have F14 flake over orion silver as the base and then the tank and frame will got shot with kandybrandywine and kandy organic green in a way of which I still haven't decided on. Good thing the frame / tank have been cleared & sanded in prep for the candies and to smooth out the flake. Thankfully they can sit a while like that, as I make up my mind on the paint scheme... it's going on a year already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also have a '47 Schwinn with the skiptooth setup on the drivetrain that's an original I did a partial restoration on I use as a barhopper on nice nights.
    [​IMG]

6. BrianPettit

BrianPettit

I have a GT Roadster that I picked up from a local bike shop almost 2 years ago. It was a bike that was a demo type model. The paint was messed up and the bike needed a good cleaning because it was always left outside during the day. Anyway, I stripped the paint, cleaned it up and laid down some flat black primer with some white flames. New white walls and the back fender got a pin up girl. I have thought about trying to sell it but starting to think about a new approach to this beast. It is a really long bike and VERY heavy.

I'm thinking of pulling off the front fender and chain guard and bobbing the back fender. This may lighten the bike a tad. I have my eyes on a set of big apes to throw on it. The beach bars are ok but not the look I want. I'm also thinking about putting a gloss paint job on there with some old school graphics. Maybe go metal flake and white rattle can with alot of clear coat. Thinking about doing a false gas tank but afraid that will only add to the weight.

Trying to keep it looking old school chopper/bobber/hotrod. NOT West coast ghetto lowrider.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BrianPettit

BrianPettit

Also on a side note. If you want a kick ass bike out of the box. Check out Electra Bikes.

http://www.electrabike.com/

I got to ride the Rat Fink bike and the Rockabilly Boogie bike this weekend and they both rock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. GaryC

GaryC

I've got a Rat Fink like the one pictured as well - however I purchased it more as a Rat Fink "collectible" than a bicycle and don't count in my collection of bikes just for that reason. It is a slick ride however. This year's (05) is a different frame with a beefier top tube - more akin to the rockabilly boogie, and a darker green base with lighter green flake flames on it compared to the one pictured (04). Pretty slick - and instead of the 24 x 3.0 rear and 26 x 1.95 or whatever the front tire is, it's dual 24" wheels with 3" sidewalls like the rockabilly boogie has, and either orange or red red rims IIRC... can't remember for sure. They also make a model called the Straight 8 which is just like the rockabilly boogie but gloss black with different graphics. They're actually pretty verstaile as far as a bike like that goes with the 3 speed coaster hub and all... and dead nuts on reliable maintence wise.
    [​IMG]

9. Glen

Glen

Attached Files:

10. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

killer seat

11. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Here is a few of my latest creations, havn't had much time for the cruisers lately...

First is a custom chopper with a 1952 schwinn frame...
    [​IMG]
    This is Lazyboy, with 48cc two stroker...does 35pmh in street legal style!
    [​IMG]

Check out my other bikes on my site listed below.

Currently working on a stretch and a one sided fork design...

bryan

12. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

Those are all great!! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Maybe tonight, I will post photos of what I am starting off with...

Anybody else got a bike they wanna show off?

13. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I didn't build this just found it under a tree covered with leaves and legs in the air....... :)

Attached Files:

14. aedan

aedan
    from ###

man thats crazy, here is a bike that me and a mate built from mostly scrap parts for him, i also have a similar bike but dont have any pics of it at the moment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/switchone/mybike2.jpg

15. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Here's mine...Suicide scrub brake, half inch between pedals and ground. Less than $20 invested and it's got more miles than most of my cars.

16. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Just another for 'Going Nowhere' :D

Attached Files:

17. JRussell

JRussell

Here is my 50's something monarch i take riding with the kids-i put a two speed schwinn hub a moon eyes gear!

Attached Files:

18. striper

striper

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

19. rare32

rare32

this mine..was a huntington beach cruiser or something when I got it,black,red rims etc.painted it candy green and got new wheels etc
    [​IMG]
    here you can see the color a bit better.candy green with gold pearl

[​IMG]

20. Ahhhh, I am glad someone started this thread. my first hobby is custom scale miniature cars i.e. Hot Wheels, Matchbox etc. Int he last two years I have gone back to my roots which is custom Bicycles. As a kid I did all those things with a bicycle that we thought were really cool at the time, extra forks stuck on the end, high back sissy bar, red line tires, big n little wheels etc. My first creation took a year to build and while the frame is not custom, all the other parts were gathered or fabricated. The frame is a 1968 Mini Twinn. About 400 of them were produced by Schwinn and were were primarily used for Amusement park rentals. Very few survive today. The second one was a Hawthorne Jr Tandem that I converted over to a single seater. This baby rides great! And the last one is my Hot Rod inspired 24 x 20 Schwinn Manta-Ray, complete with Drum brakes, Wide wites, 5 speed stick and silver glitter roll n pleat seat. Triple lights up front to see where I am going while on bar hops! Enjoy and thanks for starting this post!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

That frame is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too cool!! and I espescially love how you did the seat!
    How big is it? is it krate size (only 2x long) or bigger?

Keep the bikes coming! they are all too cool!! Anyone else a BR&K reader? the newest "issue" has a really nice how-to on building your own springers, may try my hand at them eventually!!

22. wyatt

wyatt

how about a bichopcycle. built from a bicycle, lawnmower. and a garden tiller.
    its fun to play around on...

23. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

24. wyatt

wyatt

bichopmotill.....

Attached Files:

25. ian

ian

I've got a stingray in pieces in the spare room...after seeing what you guys have posted, it makes me wanna slap it together for kicks and see what i can come up with...haha :D

26. wyatt

wyatt

the other pic

Attached Files:

27. jdubbya

jdubbya

I bought one of the Rat Fink Electra's when they first came out. I have added the even taller bars. This bike is not only cool looking, but I love riding it.

Attached Files:

28. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

sorry, nate. Before starting this one, I did a quick search and didnt see that thread. its good stuff though, thanks for pointing it out...

29. Conder

Conder

Check out their "Straight Eight" -

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      26.6 KB
      Views:
  30. Deadender60

Deadender60

The first picture is of my cruiser at the Asphalt Invitational, and the second is of my buddy's bike and mine. He custom made the frame and tank himself. We rode around this weekend at the Nitro Nationals and boy did his bike get a lot of looks.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.