Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Philly/ SE PA guys Check In!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StukaBomber55, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Koz

Koz

I've been limiting my alcohol intake lately as it appears to be directly related to the amount of fines I have to pay. Last year we lost three guys at the IrishFest in Wildwood whichgoes on at the North end of the island at the same time. I spent an hour looking for them where they told me they were, ended up they got kicked off the drunk bus, (how drunk do you need to be to get kicked off a drunk bus), I ended up giving 4 college girls a ride to some club all in the front of a Ford pickup, and they walked back to the Safari, about five miles with a little adventure with the cops in between, (the cops were cool and just told them to go home and sleep it off).

On thing about Wildwood, it's never boring!

(When we get together I'll fill you in on our Aces & Eights adventure with a transvestite from New York at the Convention Hall bash the year before, I have pics to prove it!)

2. Wildwood was a "dry town" many years ago!

3. Koz

Koz

Wildwood has never been a dry toiwn. The Crest is dry. You can drink there but you can't buy it there. Wildwood has always been party time. The entire island is a 1950's historical district and as such even new buildings must be built in the 50's style. If you want to see '50's cool check out the Carribean Motel, next door to the Safari where we stay, ( http://caribbeanmotel.com/ ). Don't think about getting a room there during the show because the waiting list is several years long. There are hundreds of cool "googie" motels and loads of '50's bars open during the show including some of the most famous locations in Rock and Roll history, icluding the room where Bill Haley and the Comets first played "Rock Around the Clock" and Chubby Checker broke the "Twist". The entire island is 50's overload! You wouldn't believe the cool stuff in the Doo Wop Museum.

I've become a bit of a Wildwood history nerd over the years and this is without a doubt the best place on earth to have a 50's weekend.

Party on Garth......

4. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I grew up in Langhorne, PA but now live in Joisey. No waves in PA so I had to leave. No wave in Jersey right now either so I guess it didn't make a difference.

5. Mark T

Mark T

Born and raised in Bristol, I currently reside in Langhorne.

6. Mark68

Mark68

I grew up in langhorne also, bought halfway between the golf course and playwiki park off maple ave. Small world.
    Stuka there is another show not mentioned yet on sat sept 8. The hotrod hoedown in trevose at the german hungarian club.its a nice show,little cramped im the lower lot.but lots to do and see and some really cool rods amd customs. Mark

7. -DouG-

-DouG-

Welcome to the area.

I'm from Bethlehem and am a Kutztown Univ grad...

You don't want to miss the Wheels of time show later this month!

and another vote for checkin' with stans stainless

btw -i like the louvered hood!

8. Hank from Boyertown, PA.

9. fleetside66

fleetside66

You arrange it, we'll be there...just don't pick a dumb-ass movie.

10. twistedridez

twistedridez

Welcome from Limerick Pa.

11. StukaBomber55

StukaBomber55

Wow guys had no idea Im sitting in the "Honey hole" My fiance lives in Boyertown and apparently all of you guys are along the corridor I drive to get to her house every weekend.

Koz, Ill give you a call tonight for sure. I've been insanely busy at work. Im a med student with basically zero money to spend on my car and so I think Ill be tinkering with using a broken intubation blade as a shift handle tonight. Pretty badass if you know what you are looking at :cool:

I'll definetly be at wheels of time and Hershey! Trying to get off work to get to the Goons show in asbury as well.

Does anyone happen to know the inspection requirements for a vehicle older than 75 with regular plates in pa? Do I have to have rearview mirrors on both sides, wipers, and a working horn?

Thank you gentleman!

12. Mark T

Mark T

Check out this thread titled

Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

This should be a really good show that's within driving distance of Phila. and you'll have the opportunity to meet a lot of HAMB members.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  13. Mark T

Mark T

Its been many years since I worked in a shop but if I remember correctly you will need anything that was on the car from the factory, so I'm going to say yes to the horn and wipers. I'm not sure about the mirrors, I guess if it had one from the factory them you would need one for inspection.

Your best bet would be to stop by your local inspection and ask.

14. Koz

Koz

Just the usual stuff. Pennsy i actually a pretty car friendly Commonwealth. I use Vince at Hawk Mt inspections. Give me a call and I'll shoot you a #. Major car guys. He must own a half dozen now and his daily is very cool, barn find, '47 Ford pickup. I believe his daughter Lisa is on here too.

15. LongT

LongT

Welcome from Allentown. If you stop by the Wheels of Time Jamborree, 8/24-26 in Macungie. I'm a member stop by "Door Prizes", where the participants get the T shirts and stuff. I'm there, generally. I have to do gates on Sat noon-4 and Sunday 11-3.

Bill

16. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

welcome from reading,pa

17. Koz, you are right- I mis-spoke! My great-grandparents had a house on Cresse Ave (Dad used to watch the fighter pilots practice over the Atlantic during WWII), but they sold it when the realtors on The Crest considered selling to someone who wanted to open a bar.

18. Koz

Koz

Mac the Yankee, You ever get back there? It hasn't changed much.

19. Spike!

Spike!

Some Dirty Devils CC members in the city of Philly. Always wrenching and chopping up something, starting fires and general mayhem. Unity street off of Castor. Big shop and always something going on day or night. stop by and say Hi.

Spike

20. Koz,

I get up to Philly about once a year to visit my folks, but we usually hit Sea Isle or OC, since they are more family-friendly (our kids are still pretty young).

It's been a long while since I was in Wildwood- used to play in the Atlantic Brass band and would do a gig there around the 4th of July.

Sorry for the thread-stealing, now back to pretzels, Tastykakes, and cheesesteaks :)

21. xlr8er

xlr8er

Checking in from Upper Bucks County. - West Rockhill Twp. Any guesses what's hiding just under the grass in our back yards? Made for an interesting time digging a foundation for the garage....

Welcome aboard!!

Jim

22. Koz

Koz

I know MaCungie is only 10 days or so away so we can meet up there. After that, any of you guys up for an occasional Saturday or Sunday morning meet up at the Dunkins on RT 61 near Cabelas?

23. Man, I miss Macungie- good prices, LOTS of parts, and GREAT water ice :)

24. weathrmn

weathrmn

Welcome to the HAMB from Langhorne, grew up in Morrisville. MarkT and I are kin. Member Philadelphia Modifiers

25. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

If you come to the Wheels of Time show, I,m across the road with the Over The Hill Gang. Look for a chopped Terraplane, also LongT knows me.

26. 66cayne

66cayne

Glen Mills, Pa. in the house...

27. LongT

LongT

I even admit it proudly!!

28. slant37

slant37
    from Holland PA

Welcome from Holland PA, Bucks County

29. 66cayne

66cayne

Hey guys, I need to find someone that can R&R my Muncie M20 4-speed and set up a 12 bolt rear/gear-posi. I live Glen Mills, Pa.-western Delaware County....

30. I'm a recent transplant from the Detroit area. I live in Boyertown and work in West Chester.