Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. There will be plenty of room for cars not in the race as well, not sure if I mentioned that.

We can line the road that over looks the beach with cars. The boardwalk looks right down onto the beach where the race is for a birds eye view. Or you can get down into it on the beach where the action is.

2. Oh man, please do!!!

3. I'll be racing both my 32 and my 39 Indian.

The bike will get bobbed for the race and also wear some number plates.

Number 55 of course!

Attached Files:

4. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Your Indian is sick Mel, cant wait for this event!!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That '32 has to be mine!!!! How about a '33 coupe, a pack of big league chew bubble gum and a complete set of MTV trading cards with duplicate Digital Underground cards?

6. thow in a couple of hot wheels and he may go for it...:D

7. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I'm really looking forward to this....:D

Can you explain what kind of sand we are racing on. I took my jalopy out over the weekend to mess around and found a sand pit to test in....haha
    Then i got stuck in the sand pit....haha:D

8. flash

flash

This is a freakin brilliant idea. I will dream sweet dreams about it from now 'till Oct.

9. Only have a minute guys, been in house too long and my day is slipping away. Two local news papers are are battling it out for the story. Someone is guying to buy me lunch!

In the winter the tide receads a bit. Also the loose sand is shoveled up near the dunes, or boardwalk to help keep it on the beach during storm season, usually October! Hahahaaa, great surf!!!

We are friends with a few guys with some big machinery, and the towns have a few tractors with beach rakes etc. that we can use. So we plan to carve the beach close to the ocean where it is hard, but not too close that it gets washed away. All the loose sand(glorified whte dirt) with be dumped in piles like dunes along the edge of the boardwalk to protect it from the storm season. I am told it will act as a nice sitting area much like natural bleachers for a great view. They do this sand relocating every year anyway.
    We will then prepare the hardest surface with water and a small steam roller to get the sand as hard as we can. We plan to rope off the beach to keep people back enough from the action, but not too far away either.

I can't even wait guys! So excited to see all this period correct early iron on the beach. I hope to race the P-38 with my Indian. Wahooo...

10. You better be there man!!! Wouldn't want it any other way.

I'm working on getting a film crew. I've broken all my super 8's! Actually, the airlines did ever time I returned from filming the A-bombers show.

11. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Mel cant wait been telling everybody

12. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

looking sharp Mark!

13. Dave50

Dave50

How did i miss this thread this is one of the coolest things that could happen in this day and age man wish i could run my coupe on the beach.. I may have to go to this. Looks like way to much fun to not be apart of

14. If we have spoken about your car in the race, please submit your pic of car, or bike, or other so we put in our race program. We need to get the program going and I need all your pics and info please.

If you have yet to submit your traditional auto or moto bike, please do so as well.

email is, [email protected] Thanks!!!

15. Any hopped up Model T's out there?

16. Man Mark I hope you get that car finished, its perfect!

17. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Im gonna throw my hat in the ring and say "I will go if the Silver City Special is going!"

18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

how's this for progress? hahaha

[​IMG]

19. Hell Yeah!!!! That car has to be on the beach, its perfect.

20. I just bought another roadster for my buddy today. His bread.

It came from another friend of mine, my pal built the motor. Going to get her race ready over the next couple weeks!!!

The line up is looking sick!!! I need pics though people. Not shitty pics either, nice ones, big files.

21. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Mel, are ya selling ad space in the program?
    Slim

22. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i sent you a pic. lemme know if it's good enough.

23. Yes we are Slim! Also if anyone wants some signage at the track I will hand paint it!

Slick Willy, we need that moustache wax as a sponcer.

And I need a can or two! Help a bearded brother out!

Attached Files:

24. Ok, our very own Jeffery James is going to help out with the programs this year. Sweet!

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You look like a crazy person. I love it!!! However I have no idea how they let you into that meeting yesterday. ;)

26. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Damn Mel, Im gonna bring my kid down and tell him Santa will be there!!! hahaha

Attached Files:

27. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I would be honored!! Let me know what I got to do!

[​IMG]

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's a frickin' fantastic logo.

the beard starts now. hopefully i'll have enough to wax up by october!

29. this event sounds so cool, would love to race on a beach, sucks im stuck here in england and i sold my roadster! still got my bsa bobber but need to start on a new project soon, track roadster T i think! if you ever want an young international Oilers prospect hit me up ha!

30. Cshabang

Cshabang

gonna try and make it down...all depends on work and the house renovations....well, the lack of money due to the house renovations...hahaha