Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found my dads ol truck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Aug 6, 2012.

1. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

You got it. That is priceless! :)

2. hippy killer

hippy killer

pretty cool story good luck

3. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

If he wanted $3500.00 and you insulted him with a $1000.00 offer...I know what I would have done if I were the seller.
    I just spent $2500.00 on FE machine work and $500.00 in parts on a C-6 rebuild, so I think you got a great deal on priceless truck!!!!

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, HH...that's so cool. I can't think of anything much neater, than a son finding and buying his dad's long lost car/truck, and giving it to him.

You gonna present the truck to your folks as is, or fixed up? You've just gotta take pics. Better yet...video! Get out the tissues...lol.

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

6. Great find...great story.......

7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

my dad knows i got my hands on it... i cant seem to keep my big mouth shut, i was too damn excited... up in this area usualy when someone sell an old truck like that its long long gone.. either all rusted out and scrapped, or hilbily hotrodded up and isnt even worth messing with..... people and there CHROME spray paint, im telling ya....... anyways.. the truck is 100 percent complete. even though the hood is not on in the pics.. everything is still there and in great shape.. and with all the new parts the guy had accumulated, it should be no time before we get it up and running and atleast safe to drive again. not so sure how fast ill dive into a complete frame off resto.... ill have to spend a few months in my chair beside my tool box just showing it some appreciation.. ive spend the last 4 years building from the ground up, a 77 ford f-350 supercab 4x4... we use it in the truck pulls.... so now that truck is in its final stages of assembly it will have to find its way to the storage shed and move this one right in.

8. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

There is something cool about having your dads car!!

The one Volvo I have built, used to be my dads! Great feeling, great find and great progress!!

So happy for you!

9. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Very cool! Wish I had my Dad's 36 Olds 3 window with a rumble seat that I rode in as a kid.
    Tom

10. reece

reece
    from NC

It might be off-topic but that 77 Supercab is nice!

11. eastcoastron

eastcoastron

Good luck with your Dads old truck.
    Something about 64-66 F-100 trucks.I have a 65 and it has been stored for 38yrs.
    Survived divorce and other hardships.Still will not part with it.
    Now that I am retired,I hope to finish it.
    Keep us updated on progress.

12. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

thanks!
    its been hand built, every bolt....
    its about done

13. I've still got my '65 Ford truck that I've had since 1973 and it's sat in the barn since the early 80's,,but it ain't going anywhere.

I plan on getting it back on the road after I finish my sedan. HRP

[​IMG]

14. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good for you on finding that ..what a great thing !!
    As far as price goes...I have somewhat of a different attitude...can't comment on the price, as I don't really know if it is high or not, but if he won't take less, and you have the cash, and if it means a lot to you...buy it.
    Don't spend the rest of your life regretting not having it...
    JMHO,
    Cheers......

15. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

love the pic!! looks great. get too it... lifes is too short to wait on things! :)

16. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i cannot put a price on something that is personally valuable.. that would be like someone making a cash offer on selling your right arm... :cool:

17. You will never regret buying it. It would have haunted you forever if you didn't buy it. Good for you man.

18. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

props on buying that truck back. i know the feeling, luckily i found my pops '54 210 a couple years ago and bought it for 400 bucks. i sold it in '98 when he gave it to me and never heard the end of getting rid of his car (since he had it from the early 80's til the time i sold it). it was restored in '98 and looks rough but i've seen worse brought back to life.

Attached Files:

19. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

here is the picture i took of the deer in the bed i was telling you guys about... not to shabby for a pennsylvania buck in late archery season.. but you can see the ol white ford.. it left shortly after that

[​IMG]

20. shadams

shadams

Nice! Great pic too, reminds me of all the pics of my family from the 70's..

21. BobcatBob

BobcatBob

Great Truck...Great Buck...Great Story...Happy Ending Too!!

22. seatex

seatex

Very inspirational. congratulations, young man. Can't wait to see it finished.

23. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

UPDATE!:
    well here she is, amost a month went but before it got dug out of the garage..
    i pulled in and snapped a few pics. gotta grab a trailer and get it home now.. the guy was glad to have it out of the garage and have his building back.. here is a few pics, its rough i know, but its what i want and its easily fixable. the bed is the worst, cab and front end is in wonderful shape. god its good to see this ol thing again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

lucky you for gettin the old truck back ,i really like those 60s trucks ,i make do with a 75 swb got it of the guy that bought it new .he got two old to drive at 85 he and his wife cried when i drove it away ,i plan to still have it when im 85

25. erlomd

erlomd

like many here said, 3500 is a bit steep but the opportunity to get back a family heirloom may be worth it. thats not to say that you cant at least try to haggle...congrats for finding it...wish I could find my ol' mans 53 MGTD around.

26. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

would you pay double its value for the MGTD if you could get your hands on it?
    price isnt an option if i want something that bad. it will never go anywhere or be sold off so no sense in worrying about it. easier to hand over the money and enjoy the the thing

27. JReece

JReece

And that's all that matters. I'm very happy you got your dads truck! I have a story a lot like this about my dad's '70 Olds.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad