Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Morgans 51 chev sedan build up (Australia)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Morgan91, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Yeah muzz, sorry iv been a bit slack on updating this thread. Ah all the front bags are installed, currently just setting up the front shocks then il grind it all up and prime it and set the front sheet metal on there. Hopefully this weekend the shocks will
    Be finished and il put up some pics.

Also ordered some second hand skirts from America do they should
    Be here soon. I'm coming into winter and I work pretty flat out during winter so progress might slow on the Chevy but I'm still hoping to get some stuff done on it. Basically waiting on my coupe doors to get here from the states so I can start the 2 door conversion.

2. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Also at this stage the plan is to hard top it. Instead of the original plan to have slanted B pillars

3. Are you keeping it 4 door when you hard top it?

4. 'Mo

'Mo

5. Oh......... Must have glanced over that.

What's shipping cost to get coupe doors from the states to here?

6. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Um I havent payed shipping yet but I have a "friend of a friend" bringing them over so hopefully it's only around $300 or somthing

7. Ryan272

Ryan272
    from Australia

Hey man, awesome build. Your progress makes me feel like a total slackass! Haha.
    I also saw a pick of your car in a street machine mag somewhere a little while ago.
    Has there been any more progress? Am now subscribed.

8. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Just realized I havent updated this thread in ages. Ah iv still been working on it flat out. Got front sheet metal trimmed to fit around the new suspension and all that. Got rear brakes sorted. Just setting up steering column at the moment. Tonight I started the final welding on the diff. Il put up a few random photos.

(last photo is roughly how I want my roof to look when I'm done)

Attached Files:

9. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Hey thanks mate! Oh really, which street machine? Don't think iv seen it in there yet.

Ah yeah I'm progressing slowly. I don't get much time off over winter but most spare moments I have go to the chev. In about a months time il start having my weekends back so il be able to get heaps done!

10. Ryan272

Ryan272
    from Australia

I'll have to dig it out for you when I get a chance, I remember seeing the p-plates. I feel your pain, I was one of the first on the new p's law, get off mine in another two weeks!
    I noticed you said you were using an xg rear end, did you have to modify it other than for mounting plates? Still undecided what I'm going to do for mine yet. Also you said you're in bright? Going to be at the hot rod show in November?

11. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

Love the front end treatment, just read this whole thread start to finish, awesome work so far can't wait to see it in a nice maroon!

12. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Isn't that Rusk's coupe your wanting to style your chop after? If so can't wait. Are you going to remove the beltline from around the rear window as well?

Not long to Chopped now, you should still bring it regardless of what shape its in.

13. Rusk's old Chevy. Morgs is gonna come fangin in my 34!

14. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

15. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Thanks mate.

Ah ended up ditching the XG rear end for a disk brake 9" haven't had to shorten it or anything. Just weld 4 bar and bag mounts to in ;)

16. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Still undecided on the belt line. Also undecided on wether or not it will be t chopped. Bout a 5 hour drive with a trailer.

17. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Oh and yeah I live in bright so il defiantly be at the rod show in November, most of the cars that come arnt really my cup of tea but il
    Be around most likly drinking for most of the weekend

18. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Hell yeah!!!!

19. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Finished welding up the diff but it seems to warped about 4mm so I'm just attempting to straighten it as I type! Stay tuned for the results

Attached Files:

20. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Few updates, this is my last weekend of working up the snow so il
    Have heaps more time but this is just what iv been able to do the last few weeks
    Steering linkage all done, diff straight and painted and assembled. Rear notch and chassis painted and rear end all put together.

Attached Files:

21. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Oh and I got the mustang tank mounted in there thismorning before I got called to some jobs.

22. Great work. Love the stance.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

23. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Couple more progress pictures mostly front end bits and pieces

Just gotta get some bolts tomorrow and it should be on its own four wheels holding its self up!

Attached Files:

24. xwattsx

xwattsx

Sweet job dude, can't wait to see it on the weekend! see ya Friday Captain.

25. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Cheers wattsy. Should be a good weekend!

26. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Front end is all together, sent the steering rack away to get rebuilt this morning. And just sat the front sheet metal on last night to have a look and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Attached Files:

27. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Few updates and a bit of a setback

Got steering rack back that's all in and working.

All the air gear is hooked up and switches and everything all works.

Just started welding up the firewall last night, should finish welding and have the firewall primed and maybe painted by the end of the weekend

Started pulling the 4 speed apart to work out which rebuild kit I need(pretty sure now)

But one big setback is I rolled my daily driver (off topic) but Now some of the little money I have is going towards getting that back on the road so the chev is going to be sidelined for a few weeks an this probably means I won't have enough money to meet the deadline of my birthday in february to be able to drive it but shit happens! Haha chopped 2013 is my new deadline, not sure what stage it's going to be at but it's getting to chopped come hell or high water!!!

28. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Pictures

Attached Files:

29. That should just buff out.............shouldn't it?

30. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia