Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1952 Chevy 3 Window Truck Chopped...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yaril, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Yaril

Yaril

today we got exhaust! ran pipes from ram horn style manifolds all the way to the back of the back tires. we also got a couple more parts on the motor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are some pics of the body mounts, for the rear cab mounts i kept the stock s-10 tabs and made spacers, large washers will shim the final bit of height if need be. the front cab mounts i made from box tubing. no spacer required cause i welded them up higher. you can also see the work done to mount the master cylinder / booster under the cab and maintain the stock brake pedal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the trans tunnel was completed, using a 64 VW bug roof that i previously cut out for a ragtop install... good metal put back to use. the main areas of the firewall were also completed. only the smaller holes are left now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lots of work! goal is now to undercoat the cab and secure it to the frame so that we can begin the task of wiring and plumbing everything!

[​IMG]

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Lookin Good man!

3. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

Sweet truck and eye for style. Build on!!

4. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Awesome. Cant wait to see it finished

5. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

6. raymay

raymay

Nice work. I like the size you selected on the chop.

7. I'm really loving this build. The chop is perfect, and those wide whites are going to look awesome.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That one is coming along nicely. I'll have to say that I'll be borrowing a few ideas off this build for my truck.

9. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

great build thread, nice pix, inspiring me to do my 49 3 window!!

10. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

Nice work..... can't wait to see more

11. 52Poncho

52Poncho

Great attention to detail. :cool:

12. any updates on this sweet ride?

13. droptop 63

droptop 63
    from Texas

Sweet build. Just like other project sitting in the corner of my shop. I
    will have to finish my droptop Nova project first before I can get to it.

14. Yaril

Yaril

well guys its been a while since the last update, so here it is...

we hustled on the truck to make a local July 3rd show. fired the motor up for the first time since it was rebuilt. found water in the oil! rad fluid is making its way into the oil, so no show. we did manage to finish putting the body back together. John bought new bed from Mark-K and we bolted the old fenders to it. this thing sits low, the roof line is under my shoulder! we cant wait to drive this thing, but now we have to go deal with the engine builder, fuck our life!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. shoebox50

shoebox50

Very nice!!!!

16. eghatch15

eghatch15
    from NC

thats awesome

17. Raunchy49

Raunchy49
    from Lompoc CA

nice chop thats sorta how we did mine too. i am working on getting some windows for the front and back coners right now. let me know how you are going to handle the windshield weather stripping mine came in as a one piece and i cant decide where to cut the rubber yet. any pointers would help

18. billys54

billys54

19. Yaril

Yaril

the way i like to do it is to trim the 2 at the top. then trim down the center post, then trim the 2 so they meet flush on the center post. add some black window sealer carefully (i like to tape off the area) and spread it smooth with a squeegee. that how i did this one and my 50 Ford (same style gasket).

its only been like 2 months! we got the motor back earlier this month and put it back together and back in the truck. it kinda slowed down our momentum but we are still at it. the motor is running fine now, the machine shop decided to spray it white for us since they got it dirty... they did it with rattle can, oh well my buddy was over it and decided it will do. we got a few other parts on the truck like front and rear glass ect and are now just missing the gas pedal and some lights to start driving this truck, finally!

we lowered the original bench frame bolting it directly to the cab bench support. i then trimed the back support and caped it to look pretty. the bench backrest will later be chopped down about 4" when re-upholstery time comes. lots of space in this truck cab now.

[​IMG]

last night we got a piece of old plywood for the bed floor (we plan to build a custom bed cover), went ahead and stained it and cleared it. so soon we will be cruising.

20. LAROKE

LAROKE

How the heck did I miss this thread? Beautiful work, as always, Yaril! I feel sorry for you guys who haven't seen Yaril's work close up yet.

Works like a madman too. Year before last, he stopped by my place with fellow hamber "Movinman" to give advice on Movinman's '49 Merc which I was keepin' out of the weather. Before he left, Yaril had completely torn down the front suspension. Here he is at work. I got thirsty just being a tool fetcher.

[​IMG]

21. Yaril

Yaril

hey buddy! thanks for the kind words, i was most happy to meet you. a fellow architect that loves his old cars / trucks. i was most impressed with your warehouse. i hope we bump into each other more often.

our first trip to the gas station...

[​IMG]

22. jratz1966

jratz1966

Nice work,Subscribed,can't wait to see more!!!

23. yes i like hack saws or cutting wheels, i dont like to chop with reciprocating saws.

[​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thats a beautiful chop!!!
    Love the way you use a Hack saw man,,,That Picture reminds me of a movie clip.All that muscle you get by doing it by hand!
    Hats off to you!:

24. Do you happen to have a shot at ride height? I'm thinking about some 6.70s with my static drop. Yet another another cool ad yaril build! If you werent so far away you'd have another one to spend a little time on!