Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any one been Reunited with their first car after a while?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roughneck424, Aug 2, 2012.

1. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I have seen a few of my old ones out there later down the road. Its better to remember them how they were. Ya cant buy back a moment in time

2. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Bought my 40 Ford coupe in 1962 when I was 15. My folks sold it when I went to VietNam. I was finally able to buy it back in 1992 for $1100.00. Got it going in 2002. Still driving it today, have almost 61,000 miles on it since getting it running once again.

3. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

I was reunited with a 3-2 Weiand intake with Strombergs that I set up on a 303 Olds
    in my '40 Ford coupe in high school 48 years ago.
    I lived in Dallas when I built the car. I decided to build another car just like it a few
    years ago. I saw the Weiand manifold on ebay in Ohio and bought it immediately.
    To my astonishment, when it arrived, I saw the same 17 year old kid method of
    pining the linkage to the carb shafts that I had done 48 years before!
    No doubt it's the same rig, even down to a "wound" on the intake I made when
    a drill bit broke. It traveled from Texas to Ohio somehow and returned home.

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

My first car is still in MY garage, as it has been for the last 40 years.
    I would never sell it, way to many fond family memories etc.!
    KK

5. 39 Ford

39 Ford

My first car is long junked, I still have my 39 Ford bought when I was 21 going on 68 now. I got a 66 GTO tri Power in 1969 and sold it in 1982 or so to a friends son he just finished a restoration of it, wow better than I ever had it, it was just a used car when I drove and raced it. I am very happy for him.

6. My first car was a 57 VW bug. A girl ran a stop sign and I hit her. Tore the front end up. My Dad was a dickhead and made me sell it for scrap. It could have been fixed. He was a bodyman. I bought it with my own money too. $100.00. It ran and drove great, even drove good after the hit.

7. Every bloody day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Never got it back but I built a clone.

9. Dr_X

Dr_X

My first car was a '75 Vega. I know exactly where it has been sitting since about '88. I think about getting it back every once in awhile, probably will one of these days.

10. F500

F500

my first car was supposed to be my Dad's "retired" 56 Chrysler Newport 250 Coupe. I loved that car as it reminded me of his 300B. anyway, he ended up selling it about a year before I got my license. I was devastated and swore that I would track it down some day and buy it. I have a copy of the bill of sale when he purchased it in 1963 from Monarch Buick on East Washington St in Indy but even with the VIN, over the past 40 years I've had no luck in finding it. bummer. I really envy those of you that have tracked down your 'first car'.

my actual 'first car' was a Dodge Dart and frankly, I have no interest in trying to find THAT car! LOL

11. twistedridez

twistedridez

Just finished up a tribute to me first car which was a 1964 falcon futura, 302 w/ c4 trans, It just got a little carried away!!! 64 falcon sprint! 4spd car.

12. Had a car I owned 4 times in a 27 year span. Finally it got too rusty.

13. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! Every time I go too my buddy's house.... :(
    It's in his garage... A 1968 Camaro SS/RS Convertible.. :(:(:(
    And no, he won't sell it back to me..:(:mad::(:rolleyes:

14. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

[​IMG]

71 Ford Pinto. Got it from a family member, and drove it in high school until I graduated (2003). Got a job at a restoration shop and I tore it apart and was planning to make somewhat of a bad ass street/road course car with a Ford 4.6 v8 ....
    [​IMG]

Life got in the way... its now an SCCA trainer race car here in Northern California... similar to this one.

[​IMG]

so i am somewhat happy for the car.. it started as a car doomed to be crushed since new lol and now its an entry level race car. :cool:

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com

15. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

this guy not only found my car he found everyone that had owed it!
    the car was owed by service men (air force) until he bought it...
    I sold in 1976 to a guy who kept it all these years until the this guy bought it
    check out his website www.z28.net

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I was just "reunited" with my 2nd car about a month ago, but not to own. The guy I sold it to 41 years ago tracked me down to ask if I'd sign off on a lost title, as he'd never changed it and was finally building the car after 41 yrs!
    It's a 1940 Chevy coupe, and I had wondered if he ever got it done for many years. We kept in touch for the first few years after I sold it, but he just let it sit and rust. After 40 yrs. of rusting he had a lot of repair to do, but he showed me pics of the panel repair and he's getting it done right.
    Funny part was I got the title yesterday! Stupid DMV made out the new title in my name and address, and sent it here. I called him and will send it to him so he can try and get things straightened out.

17. I got my first (paying) job working on a fruit and vegetable farm when I was 16. I spent that whole summer planting cabage, bailing hay and hoeing strawberries. I saved every dime I made to buy a '54 Chev that the local GM dealer had taken in on trade. My Dad and I struck a deal and all that hard earned money changed hands. We brought the car home and it took me another year or so to get it driveable. I may be one of the fortunate ones because I still own the car, 20 years later. I've managed to hang onto it through high school, a hitch in the Marine Corps, college, the birth of my daughter and a divorce, I don't ever plan on getting rid of it. The last time I drovve it was down to the Pile Up in 2005, then I pulled her apart to update a few things. I decided a couple months ago that this winter I'm going to put her back together so my kids can have the memories of riding around in the comfort of a 50's era car.

18. My very VERY first car was given to me by my dad's second cousin when I was 14. It was a 29 ford coupe with no engine/trans and it was perched up on a rock 10 miles from town. I'd ride my bike out there [last 2 miles were gravel road] and grab parts like garnish moldings, radiator shell etc etc and ride back to town to clean and paint them in preparation for the magic day I brought it home.
    Our family moved when I was 15 and I didn't get back there till I got home from the army in 69...drove up the "crick" to get my coupe and it was....GONE!
    DAMN! I never saw it again.
    One I want back is my old 57 Pontiac tudor...sold it in the same town as my model A coupe..had a 389/ 4 speed with 1st gear knocked out. Never saw it again either.

Attached Files: