Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do I mount - " Flag " for Headliner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, Aug 3, 2012.

1. 53 ford

53 ford

Beau, Larry doesn't wear a ball cap with a big "N'' for nothing. He's from Nebraska. Proud I live in the south, Harley.

2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

all this "anger" while Olympians drape themselves ina flag after a race, bikers wear flag do-rags, flag bandanas out of the back pocket...I could go on

Look it up or ask a local Boy Scout, any flag or depiction thereof, shouldnt be used in these manners...

3. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Sounds like a bitchin idea, I say go for it. And an American flag would be super sweet too! It's showing your pride! Our cars are our works of hard labor. (Most anyways) And we wouldn't put something on them that we didn't love. Look at how the super sellout Harley Davidson regurgitates the flag on everything. All that shit is made in china. Protest that garbage.

4. johnboy13

johnboy13

Some of you guys seem like you' re just waiting for a reason to get your panties in a bunch. Relax, life's too short.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I also owe him an apology, my hair just stood up when I saw someone wanting to use what I interpreted as the American flag for a headliner. Now that he has clarified what flag it is and that it is going to be there to honor our Vets, I realize it would be a good thing.

Don

6. HawgHead

HawgHead

You might want to rethink the MIA/POW flag. According to USC Title 36 Chap. Ten, (the law that outlines the rules and etiquette for display of the national ensign) MIA/POW flag is officially recognized and a national symbol.

Scott

7. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Ditto, Don's Hot Rods !!!!!!!!!!!!!! A lot of Veterans would happily accomplish what he said............ Please respect our Flag !

Thanks...... 4TTRUK,... a Proud career veteran !

8. Nutcase, talking about jumping the gun! You somehow took an issue and bent it around to fit your personal cause.:confused:
    Flag etiquette applies to all flags of all sovereign nations, not just our own.
    If you are not proud to be part of the United States of America that is your choice.
    A flag is a flag and a banner is just that. The bandanas or whatever that someone was talking about has elements of OUR flag, but is not a flag and doesn't fall under the same rules.
    The point most of the posters were trying to make is, "Please respect the American Flag!". Using it for upholstery is disrespectful.
    I don't believe that I would use the POW/MIA banner for upholstery either. Just put in a nice headliner.;)

Just my thoughts
    Alden

9. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Ps; Hawg Head is correct....... We feel the same about the POW / MIA flag.....

Thanks again.....4TTRUK

10. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Now that's funny!

Good on ya!

11. No on the Flag!! Now can't we just get back to why California sucks ; ) Me, Californian, Displaced Oregonian, Living easy life in Oklahoma (not sure if that's Union or Confederate)

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wow. the keyboard ass kickers are out in force today. I better get off the computer.

13. reading all the posts is funny... proud to be an AMERICAN...

14. lets relax, he wasnt gonna use the American flag anyways

15. Borracho13, O/T but back in the sixties, I use to belong to a motorcycle "club" called Los Barrachos in So. California.

16. Well they supreme court recently decided that it is perfectly legal to desicrate the flag. The key word here being desecrate. I honestly don't place much stock in what the supreme court has to say about it, so I am probably not going to be nice if or when I see it.

Now I know that you have edited your original post to say that you want to do it with the POW/MIA flag instead of the united states flag. To some of us that flag carries as much weight as the Stars and Stripes.

That brings us right back to the whole not nice thing, the key phrase here being not nice.

I understand your reasoning, I just think that it is appropriate.

17. Arieldouglas

Arieldouglas

Maybe you should just forget the whole flag idea and go with a nice floral pattern.:p

18. Johnnyboy69

Johnnyboy69
    from Pomona, CA

:D I feel ya!

19. Another option- Just glue a Mexican blanket to the roof. This shouldn't offend anyone, who matters, and could easily match your seats

20. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Wow, I was an ass, sorry guys, I had a really bad day and just didnt think before posting....I will try to do a little bettter with my manners....nothing I can say to change what is done, but once again, I am truely sorry. I do not have an issue with Mr. Huff, I love his car, it is one of my favorites by the way! Jim

21. This post reminds me of something. I have lived in the Southeast for almost my entire life. I was born here and love the heritage, but I never much cared for the waving of the Confederate battle flag. The meaning of it has been changed and if you see it, you are kind of suspect of who is flying it. That war was fought and over for many many years...but when I bought a Ford F100 a few years back I never really looked up at the headliner. One day my son called my attention to it, it was a Confederate battle flag for a headliner.Beautiful flag, but not my thing, I promptly took it down.That is not a place for flag of any nation, either existing or past imo.

Just my 2¢

22. interesting that you said you did not notice it. my upholstery guy put a new headliner in my plow truck/beater it was a real bright cheery red that did not match the rest of the burgundy interior, it did not matter to me i was just glad it was not hanging down, but i asked him why he did not use a closer color? his reply was; nobody ever looks up anyway and he was right i have not thought about that mismatch until i read this thread. my thoughts on using the flag on the headliner would be it is a lot of disrespect for very little gain.

23. I have met a few over the years that are still fighting the war and have no clue what it was about.

If someone has ever flown a flag it is a point of honor to them, even if it was a thousand years ago they still have people and even if they don't whether they won or lost they gave it a valiant effort and do not deserve our disrespect.

It is pretty easy to disrespect the dead and people in general don't seem to have a problem doing just that. This is kind of how the POW/MIA flag came about. Someone or a group of someone's one day noticed that there were men and women still unaccounted for and decided that we needed to raise awareness that even those people gave their all for what the country asked of them and that should count for something. To forget is still a form of disrepect.

If I had a flag that I considered to be important I would want it flapping out in the breeze live and free, for all to see not burried away in a place where it would recieve little to no attention.

24. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

so did this guy ever get an actual response on the "how" part of his question?

25. I think someone mentioned glue.

26. I was told there is a guy in Raytown,,Mo that will do it for you...
    Sorry Beno,could not resisit that

27. simalfa 321
    water based
    excellent adhesion
    strengthens in the heat.

28. DECISION;

I respect/honor all replies and feel that even though the POW/MIA Flag was what I was considering not our American flag, strong feelings from some of you suggest not to use any flag and I WILL honor that !

I will come up with another pattern / material to do headliner.

Thanks all who commented and i do respect your feelings.

29. How about......paisley???:p

30. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

are you talking about this

Attached Files: