Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hokey Ass Art Show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some crap from me. Sketch of a Stude study.
    [​IMG]

2. ...and a half ass done from Illustrator. Stil lernin'
    [​IMG]

3. I definitely consider it art!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

clowns scare me Beebing......

5. This one is pretty OT, so you can dump it if ya want, Norwell. It's sorta rockabilly and kustom kulture... sorta. But hey, it's ART!

I think she's durn perdy and I'm very proud of her.

Anyway, my latest hand-pulled screen print. "Sidewinder"
    Been working on her a long time, inbetween other jobs.

18" x 24" - 100 pcs. Limited edition.

Snag her here if you're interested.

[​IMG]

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Awesome awesome work folks..and thanks for the kind words....Keep it rolling!

7. interpolactic

interpolactic
    from Boston, MA

Absolutely killer graphics, ALLISON. Gives new meaning to "burgers to go". Malibob, I'd take the white and black. Love the stark simplicity of it.

Here are a few recent renders of a theoretical 1932 Le Mans competitor, powered by twin John Deere model D tractor engines converted to run on vegetable oil. It's supposed to be "eco-friendly" ;) , at least by the standards of the non-EPA days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your inspiration guys!

8. demonss

demonss
    from Belgium

i finished the toolbox.

nice works to all the above.

Attached Files:

9. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

oh boy heres another awesome FAS!!!! great start everyone
    first i'll share some photos these are old but i wish i could get back to the salt soon !
    everyone who is making the journey i know some are leaving tomorrow , a safe trip :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now some new ones from the Jalopy Showdown Invitational
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and that helmet i freshly painted last thursday for Jeremiah got to see some showdown mud
    [​IMG]

10. Just one of the charity auction panels I did for Arties Party a couple weeks back in Syracuse.. Artie managed to raise $77,000 for the kids by the way!
    Gold metalflake base with a candy red to purple to blue fade....

[​IMG]

11. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

Dang, I was hoping they were already for sale!

12. Are you kidding me?!?!?! Already 2 pages?!?!?!

Absolutely FANTASTIC show so far this week!

Here's a bike that I've been tinkering with since May for the Biker Build-Off on ratrodbikes.com.....

1962 Sears Flightliner Deluxe.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hey, JJ....Check out the hood ornament! Look familiar?

13. One more that we collaborated on for the auction, this one was created by Sal Cabrerra, Mark"SLAM GRAPHICS" Matyjakowski, Brian " The Brush" Briskie, Jimmy Jones, Billy Banser, Bruce Gregg, Nub Graphix, Howie Nisgor, and myself.
    [​IMG]

14. dbildvil

dbildvil

Great show EVERYONE! Thanks

15. ncjamey

ncjamey

Great show today everyone... Here is two panels that i beadrolled and framed out the other day.

Attached Files:

16. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

heres some pinstriping i've been working on for a art show , all on canvas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a hoot
    [​IMG]

17. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

a pair of sketches
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

To all the artisans here, I'm constantly amazed at your skills and creativity. But, I'm already about 50 over the lifetime limit of Tee shirts that one person is allowed to own.

So... how hard would it be for you to make real, waterslide decals instead of, or along with, your shirt designs? Stickers would be a fair substitute, but nothing looks like good old, silkscreened decals. Just something for the car window, or tool box, etc.. And they are a lot easier to haul around and ship than a lot of T-shirts.

I had a gearhead / artist friend in grad school at NIU in DeKalb, IL back in the late 1970's who made decals as part of his "art" form. I've tried to track him down several times because I'd like to get a few more and see what he's been up to. No luck there. His name is Tom Erickson if anyone knows his whereabouts. Gary

19. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

Getting real close. I talked to a screen printer and am working out some details. Just worried I will have a hundred shirts in my basement that dont fit me. Ha

20. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

Malibob, they are looking fine, but some things did indeed catch my eye - the line above the bug could be slightly better flowing into the design, somehow, or maybe even less flowing, for the sake of contrast... and the red 3w coupe really screams for some white highlights over the red.

21. Sweet, another Tampa HAMBer.

I'd loooooove to do some of my designs on waterslide, but there's not a lot of places that do them, and do them well. I've debated doing a sheet of my own designs in the past. 8-10 images, black and that old tea-stained looking off-white color. Maybe someday....

22. BANG! punch in face show.
    Carryin' on wid da Vette; stickin headlites in purdy-er place.. hand formed headlight cells ala orig. bumper recesses.. liking the LANCIA/ Farina vibe..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  23. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Great stuff Jen! Now that was a blast seeing you and meeting Jeremiah and Zach.

Slim

24. Great show so far...Norwell and Allison stellar as usual...Jen-killer lines!, Robscwager that is awesome! sinful-one I really dig that illustration

25. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

I want that c10 shirt!!!!!!
    UOTE=Malibob;8026929]Here is what I got. I dont know where to post to see what people think but if you guys could give me your thoughts I would appreciate it.

[​IMG]
    keepers kustom tshirt7 by Malibob, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    keepers kustom tshirt6 by Malibob, on Flickr

http://
    farm9.staticflickr.com/8284/7612636904_5007547349.jpg

keepers kustom tshirt5 by Malibob, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    keepers kustom tshirt4 by Malibob, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    keepers kustom tshirt2 by Malibob, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    keepers kustom tshirt by Malibob, on Flickr

I am thinking about getting them printed for sale, would you werar 'em?[/QUOTE]

26. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

And the 6 carb chevy motor too! Let us know when theyre available

27. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

ever heard of Kickstart Project? Might be something to look into.

I ran a nonprofit group for a few years, and we did a motorcycle charity ride once a year. I talked to the screen printer, got my best price from them, divided it out by the number of shirts, and then knew the bare minimum I could charge to break even.

Most people will pay $15-$20 for a decent quality printed t-shirt. usually, once screen fees were figured in, my cost was about $6 per shirt. A little more for extended sizes. It was fairly simple math to figure out how many I needed to sell at full price to break even. After that, if I was stuck with them, I knew I could reduce the price as far as necessary to eliminate the inventory.

Example: get 100 shirts made at $6 each. Sell them for $15 each. After 20 shirts sell, the rest is profit. If you get stuck with them, drop them a few bucks on a "clearance" sale. Or use them for garage rags...they're free at that point :)

28. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

man killer show guys and gals!. i wish there was a way tolist everyone.lol Ill just say. thanks all for sharing your sweeeeeeeet work!.. somthing new from me.. hope you dig it!..johnny
    The Rose!
    [​IMG]

29. Limefire

Limefire
    from Ohio

What a great show! Some really killer pieces. Here's a recent one from me.
    [​IMG]

30. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

great concept, would be cool to see that one in the flesh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.