Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eagle Field Hot Rod Gathering Runway Drags Oct 6th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

If you haven't been to an Eagle Field Runway Drag Race event and missed the 50's there's GREAT news, The good Ol' Days of Drag Racing are happening at Eagle Field near Dos Palos, CA. Saturday October 6th, 2012! From the minute you get thru the gate and pass the original WWII Administration building that now serves as a WWII Museum you will go back in time at the 4th annual Eagle Field Hot Rod Gathering.
    The Hot Rod Gathering features '73 and earlier vehicles racing our 1/8th mile "Trustalgia" Drag Race format. What is Trustalgia Drag Racing you ask? Drag racing like like our Hero's used to do..... Flag Start, "Run What'cha Brung" Drag Racing on the Historic Eagle Field Runway that offers the "Traction of a parking lot". Veteran Drag Racers, Traditional Hot Rodders, everyday car enthusiasts and cars normally reserved for manicured grass at the best car shows are enjoying the "Rebirth" of Drag racing at Eagle Field. Drag Racing on an airfield much like many experienced after WWII with simple, basic rules, and patient Eagle Field volunteers to help you enjoy a no hassle enjoyable time at the races where everybody including Spectators WIN! The Eagle Field Runway Drags are a Grudge Race format with all cars coming back to race until the end of the day, more than one chance to see your favorite make a pass.
    The 4th annual Hot Rod Gathering is presented by our friends at KBK Oils of Fresno, Ca. who has years of experience applying "Dust Control". KBK has made it their mission to make the Eagle Field events MUCH more enjoyable by doing their magic and controlling the dust that has interfered with otherwise GREAT events in the past.
    The 4th annual Hot Rod Gathering features special guest Jack Warren and his "Iron Mistress" Willys Gasser. The Iron Mistress is an original survivor from the 60's with its Injected Oldsmobile power passed through an original Hydro-Stick transmission. Jack doesn't hold back when racing his gorgeous B/G Willys and will be taking on all challengers. One of his challengers is me and my Twin Engine Dragster which only races locally at Eagle Field. You'll see GASSERS, Dragsters, Hot Rods, Muscle cars, MINI Bikes, and MUCH more compete, many of which you won't see Race ANYWHERE Else!
    Besides all the Racing Action the Hot Rod Gathering offers a '73 and earlier Show and Shine Car Show (preferred parking for cars of the era) in the Spectator Area, VENDORS, a growing Swap Meet and all the great atmosphere historic Eagle Field has to offer. You can participate in the Show and Shine or get a SWAP Space for FREE after paid general admission ($15 for adults, kids 13 and under FREE). If ya don't want to miss anything come on out Friday and camp overnight for No Extra Charge! You say ya wanna race your pre '74 vehicle..... $40 Car & driver, a basic safety inspection is all you need to race the grudge format all day 12PM 'til 6PM.
    Eagle Field is located near I-5 and Nees, see eaglefielddrags.com or call 559 351 3537 for more info. See First hand what HOT ROD, Hot Rod Deluxe, and Ol Skool Rodz magazines have been writing about. Don't let another Eagle Field Runway Drag Race event happen without you, come on out and live some history!
    GASSERS..........
    [​IMG]
    DRAGSTERS..............
    [​IMG]
    HOT RODS................
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

See you there!!!

3. Lancer

Lancer

Can't wait for the next one. My camera and I are ready.

4. Ahhhh Yesssss!!!!!!

I can't wait! this show gets better every year! all kinds of killer stuff that would never be allowed on an NHRA track being brought out of cold storage to heat up the asphalt at Eagle Field.

i must admit as a driver of a mid 8 second car, some of the stuff that these guys bring out is INSANE!!!! tire smoking, shifter grabbing, supercharged, fuel snorting beasts blasting down the eagle field air strip. no concrete pad, no water burnouts, no track prep, no lights. SOOOO RAD!

it really is a cool deal. EZ ups all the way down the fence, and the show and swap are getting better every event.

what can i say? its out in the middle of nowhere with limited amenities, but you couldn't wish for anything more! I've been racing almost 40 years and this is probably the most flat out FUN i've ever had at an event.

I'll be calling the action all day. come on by the announcers truck and say hi!

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Cool! Just a note for Roadster owners who wanna race............We have one specific rule for roadsters and that is your shoulders are to be no higher than 4" above the body line. This is a guideline for our TECH Crew mainly trying to control the "WILD" T Buckets, the more Traditional the more flexible TECH will be. If any Roadster owners are interested call me @ 559 351 3537 or check the HOT ROD poster as a guideline, they are all Eagle Field Approved!:D
    [​IMG]

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank You Guys for all your Support!

7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

MINI BIKES and GASSERS.................We Want You! A special entry $ will be offered to Mini Bike Racers and we will again have "Gasser Alley" with a Gasser Only Lane.
    [​IMG]
    Thank You Brian for the Photo!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  8. snaptwo

snaptwo

If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise , we'll be there !!

9. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

awesome!

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

[​IMG]

Anna Marco's Ol Skool Rodz article on the 4th Annual Hot Rod Gathering Special Guest the Iron Mistress 1941 willys A gasser owned by Jack Warren.. see OSR Nov 2012 p 14. Models daisie fairlane and christine classic

11. deto

deto

I just might have to do this

12. I think I just might have to make this one.........

13. yep... won't miss it!

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Logged on our calendar. We'll be there if the sky don't fall. :D

15. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Carls entry........
    [​IMG]

Mike, help me out with a photo:)

Tom's Ride! Hopefully with smoke:D
    [​IMG]

16. i'm tellin you guys...

i make the drive from the beach cities south of LAX, work all day and drive home that night. 500 miles round trip. i wouldn't miss it for the world.

seriously, if you're even thinking about it, just put it on the calendar and plan on going. you will not be disappointed.

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Cars to watch for!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

This is the best Drag Race in California!

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Damn I wish we could make it...........

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

ME TOO!! I'm planning on attending the Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption with the TWIN, come by and say HI!

Pre-Registration now open!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The Devin is scheduled to appear!
    [​IMG]

22. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Gassers Wanted!
    [​IMG]

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Eagle Field Volunteer and HAMB Member Astro Zombie will be piloting our Family Dragster October 6th!
    [​IMG]

24. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

gonna try and make it. looks like a good time.

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Great!

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Watch for the UFO Roadster!
    [​IMG]

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Sources have it that Eagle Field Fans should have thier "Eye in the Sky" at 12PM for a "BIG Shiney Plane!
    [​IMG]

28. Lancer

Lancer

29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Make sure to stop by and say hi to the 2012 HAMB Drags HA/GR winner Jeana Wallace! Jeana is an awesome Ambassador for Drag Racing!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA