Register now to get rid of these ads!

Young hambers--WHo are you n' what are you working on??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by begborrowandsteel, Aug 2, 2005.

1. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

It may not be traditional, but know of some very fast five liter street machines around here, so as far a i'm concerned the fox body-5 liter cars are pretty killer.

2. dart165

dart165

i'm a little older now(23) and makin more money than i was at 16, but here's some of what i have. how do i afford it? i'm not sure myself. i guess giving up most other comforts allow room for the constant money that i drop into the damn things helps...

-64 galaxie 500 xl
    -65 dart gt conv.
    -86 12 second Dodge Omni glh.
    -87 Shelby Daytona

[​IMG]
    -from when i bought the car (it's all apart now...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this car creates some of the most hilariuos faces on drivers of mustangs and camaros when i take 'em out. :D

3. thesupersized

thesupersized

im 16 i have this shoebox that just got on the road not so long ago...i plan for it to be a mild custom and i plan on driving it everday...

[​IMG]

4. eh you younguns i guess im too old for this club

-dan

5. it's surpizing how many others there are my age who are into this!
    as for jeeperscreeps question just read my name :D

6. aedan

aedan
    from ###

im 16 on the 21st of august, i dont have a car myself as i dont have the funds or a garage but i am helping a mate build his 64 falcon coupe which i going to be a mild traditional styled custom

7. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

well im 16 i got a '65 ford p/u as my daily(well as soon as its drivable again) im almost done baggin it and i fabricated a 4-link using tahoe arms and making the rest . i also got a '57 chevy wagon that i might start on one day.but most of my money comes from my pinstriping and i work in my dad's body shop full time in the summer and part time during school,well i still make less than minimum wage.but im lucky enough to work at a shop with pretty much all the tools i need,so i just gotta buy the material and figure out how to make what i want. chazzin

8. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

I tell ya its great to see all these young guys and gals getting into this....and keep the tradition going and hopefully strong.

Keep up the good work

9. ratstar

ratstar

Hell this post even makes me feel old and I am only 21. :D
    I am picking up my project this week a 39 Plmouth truck. As for affording it....I dont. I try to but most of the time it doesnt happen. My first car was a 63 Dart which I am selling to fund the project. I also have a 72 cuda that I am selling to fund the project. I am not so into muscle cars but some friends talked me into it. Thats why I am selling it now.

10. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

i'm 15 and i'm working on a my '67 nova. i know it doesnt really fit in with the rest of the cars, but i love them and i got one for my first car.

11. CDN34Pickup

CDN34Pickup

I'm 15 and I am working on a 1934 Ford pickup. So far I have the cab, a 27 T box, 40 Ford axles, and a Tiny's chassis with all the mounts needed. Hopefully I am picking up a 1950 Chevy Fleetline this week. I will get pics up soon.

12. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

You should work on a tan and loosing those gay sandals before your next picture!!!

13. Bucket~Boy

Bucket~Boy

im 16 and im working on 45 ford truck that isnt much of a truck anymore me and kustombuilder have done a cheater section and cut about 4 1/2" out of the bottom we are about to start to chop the top about 5 1/2" we found some 4x4 I-beam from a local steel yard and made the frame we also found some old street sign that we used to build to floor. im using a dodge grill that is think is a from the 40s but not sure.

Attached Files:

14. 38pickup

38pickup

Geeze you guys make me feel old.... Im 22, and building a '38 ford pickup, right now as you can see from the pictures below it sits about 4 inches off the ground. and will be chopped about 3 inches. It will be powered by a sbc with a 6x2 on top with stacks. The chassis has been zed 6 inches in the front and rear to allow for the body to seem as though it is only channeled 2 1/2 inches. It also as been boxed from the crossmember back. The frame that is under it was an x circle track, or a more likely a georgia moonshine runner. The frame looked like it had about 3 or 4 engines, and had boiler plate for floor. so in a way I am bringing back a servivour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. WHen I first started on cars, I bought my first one for $10, fixxed it up, sold it for $500. Then bought 2 others, drove one, fixxed the other, sold it. Bought two more..... Get the picture.
    My Mother had to get a used car selling permit because before I reached 16 I had bought and sold 25 cars in one year. Thus needed the permit!

I worked 4 paper routes, then when I got my work perm it (the ole man bit it) I went to work in a garage.

It warms me old black heart to see a new generation or rodders spewing forth.

16. ratstar

ratstar

That is one bad truck. Thats how I want my truck to look when I get into it.

17. WINGNUT

WINGNUT
    from Indiana

OK ON THE $ ISSUE YOU GOTTA THINK HOW CHEEP IT IS LIVING WITH YOUR PARRENTS. NO FOOD NO SHELTER AND I STARTED WHEN I WAS 14 I DIDENT HAVE TO PEY FOR GAS JUST FOR PARTS. HAVING A RACING FAMLEY IS NICE TOO WE KNOW EVRY JUNCKYARD OWNER AROUND. AND NOT GOING ALL THE WAY TRADISINAL IS SMART ALSO. USE WHAT YOU GET FOR FREE NOT WHAT
    YOU WANT. ITS NICE BEING IN A GOOD SUPORTIVE CLUB TOO IM 17 NOW AND IN THE INDY ROAD ROCKETS THIS IS MY 29 TRUCK.[​IMG]

18. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Very True, I don't have to support anyone, not even myself, in that respect I think the best time to build a car is when you're a kid!

19. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

hey man Fuck you,go kick yer dog or somethin and quit pissing on this thread!! Getting back on topic i'm 29 yeah prob too old for his thread but i got my grandfathers 1960 F100 back when i was 24 and one of these days i'm gonna start on it.But i'm glad to see that alotta teenagers and 20 somthings are into old cars instead of yer A typical ricer burner :cool:

20. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

ive been working full time summers since i was 14...18 now.

this is my galaxie.

dont have pictures of my other cars.

Attached Files:

21. slamed50merc

slamed50merc
    from butler ga.

iam 16 just bought my 1st car its a 68 mustang w/ a 200 ci inline six (its a new kind of slow!) i plan on getting a 63 1/2 galaxy next. my daily driver is the mustang and a 95 ford f-150 w/ a 302

22. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

My dad bought my A for me ,and i got to pay him back when i get done. (monthly payments) Far as parts wise i'm working my butt off day and night ,and using dads left overs and parts donated by my dads friends.

23. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

im Mikey, im 17 and I have a 53 merc full kustom that I hope it will be driveable for Lead East...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

24. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I say huge props to all ya'll. I dig the old truck too.

25. Valentine

Valentine

I'm 28 and juggling work, relationship, housework, and running around naked. This alows a little time to work on the Tommi Gunn. Which I work on in the plowboy garage because I don't even have a garage anymore.

Attached Files:

26. Gregory J. Liebau

Gregory J. Liebau
    from Kalifornia

Hey guys,

New here! I was referred to this thread when someone noticed my age mention in my introduction thread! It's great to see so many other young guys doin' this stuff! I'm gonna' be 17 in October, and I live in Central California (South of Fresno a bit) and my uncle's are really into rodding...

My uncle's have some very nice rides of their own, but even my cousins all have bitchin' cars (fully restored and street rodded '71 Chevy Truck, '55 Chevy Truck, '39 Ford Deluxe Coupe, '72 Chevy Sidestep truck, an in the works '64 Nova Wagon and a '67 Cuda used for drag racing) That's between four guys between 18-22 in age!

But, I'm poorer than them, so I'm not so lucky. I currently drive a '76 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe, which I admit is in great condition. It was kept by a collector in Fresno, where it was sold from the original dealer some 30 years ago, for quite some time and has only minor paint-blemishes and a couple of tiny dents in the body, and all of the original interior as well. It has a converted 350 Chevy engine and trans, and my dad and I plan on switching it to TPI, probably by obtaining a completely new motor.

As far as rods go, we have three large-scale project cars, a '57 Buick Special Hardtop Coupe, a '35 Oldsmobile Fordor, and a '37 Dodge Coupe. The Dodge is going to be my younger brother's ride (15) and it only needs minor mechanical work, a new interior and some exterior work plus paint.

I don't happen to be too mechanical, but my dad is an excellent mechanic. We have a bare-bones '38 Chevy Truck body which we plan on fabricating a custom frame for, dropping some borrowed axles into, ploppin' a 350 engine and trans on (from an '88 Camaro we have, probably) and channeling the crap outta' the body, while giving it a homemade bed, visor and grill. The wheels, if I can get them to fit, will be taken from the '35 Olds.

So, my first rod won't have lotsa' tricks, but hopefully a suede blue paint job over the rather bumpy and channeled body and grill, and bare-steel grill and frame, plus untouched wheels (they look like shit now, but they have character!)

I'll get pictures of my Jag and the pickup body up tomorrow... The rest aren't mine, but I guess I'll post my brother's Dodge, since it's also for a future youngin'! He's restoring it to original condition, though, so nothing special can be expected from it!

Cheers! Once again, glad to be on the H.A.M.B!

-Gregory-

(p.s Wingnut, I saw a little picture of your truck in Ol' Skool Rodz #11, in the "Hunnirt Car Pileup" section. Very neat little Model A!)

(EDIT: By the way, I work for minimum wage here in California -$6.75- during my summer's, and get maybe $400 a year between birthday and Christmas. I haven't spent much money on Car stuff, except for gas! I do military reenactment, so I've SO FAR focused my money on that kinda' stuff!)

27. Gregory J. Liebau

Gregory J. Liebau
    from Kalifornia

Here're the pictures. The Jag wasn't super clean when I took these, so the clean white's a tiny smudged. But, I dusted it off beforehand, at least! Ha...

The '38 is as it is at this moment. We're gonna' clean space out in the shop to drag it around and start the disecting. The hood, grille, headlight implacements and doors are all in the bed. Only the doors, of those things, will be used on the rod.

Cheers!

-Gregory-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. len_m

len_m
    from wpg,can

29. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

I'm 29,.....Working and thrashing like mad on my 1950 GMC Pickup....we even set up what we were calling "the circus tent" when it started pouring down rain two days ago!! We got the floor pretty much done, patch panels here and there, and the doors are straight. Need to place some other panels in yet.....she's a gettin there!! Still have to weld up a stainless steel gastank for under the bed,...the original tank sat behind the seat,...nice accident waiting to happen,..BOOM!!!

Oh, and the 228 straight six in her,...its amazing,...takes absolutely nothing to start her up,....its like 5 rpms and she fires right up,...truely amazing!!

Also have a 1977 shovelhead that was torn down and rebuilt as a bobber.

Jason

Attached Files:

30. demonspeed

demonspeed

yea i mean its a fun car and it could definitely be a lot worse, so im not complaining. But it just doesnt have the character that an old car does. Its cool for now though until i get enough cash for an old car.