Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anybody seen this T-Bucket Body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mattbee, May 2, 2011.

1. Mattbee

Mattbee

I was wondering if anybody has seen this old t-bucket body. It was originaly made in 1960 in Michigan. It is hard to tell in the pictures but there are cutouts for the wheels. The last place it was seen was at a swapmeet around Coldwater MI in 1976 where it was sold and it was painted red, white, and blue. I figure with all the people on the H.A.M.B. somebody must have seen it. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Church Key

Church Key

Have you checked with Museum Dave Crane ?

3. Mattbee

Mattbee

Yes I did. He was the one who told me it was last known to be red, white, and blue and was last sold in 1976.

4. Mattbee

Mattbee

Bump. Still looking for the body for the car.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

Alright guys,... We have to step up the investigation for Matt,.... Take this information and ask around. Talk to your buddies, The power of the HAMB is on our side !

I also beleive that good behavior needs to be rewarded,.... This is a 16 year old,.. young man that has taken upon himself to take on a very serious project, and he is doing a fantastic job. All of us gray beards need to help out and mentor this young Hot Rodder.

With very rare exception, almost all the youth of today is texting, playing video games, acting like immature 9 year old's...... Matt has the drive and passion of Hot Rodding that we had back in the day.... In conversations with Dave Crane and other old Drag Racing historians, Matt holds his own,.. joining in on the cars, drivers and statistics. Just like kids in the know could quote Baseball Stats back in the 50's & 60's.

Here is our chance to pass on what is so much a part of our lives to the next generation.... There are so few young men interested in this stuff..... We need to help Matt find what he needs to replicate a very special car that has faded into oblivion.

Lets gather "the Brotherhood of the Jedi HAMBers",... and find this body.... May the Force be with you ! ( A little Yoda lingo for you there....)

6. Mattbee

Mattbee

Thanks Alteredpilot! I am going to try to call Greg Sharp this week.

7. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

I don't have that body but I have one just like it from the same mold.
    Van

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

I thought Dudley Proctor laid up that body himself (from a mold off his original steel body ),.... I didn't know he made more than one,...... Do you have pictures of this body ?,..... Where did you originally find it ?........ Would love more information on it.... Very cool !

9. Mattbee

Mattbee

Dudley made quite a few of the bodies and sold them! My uncle actually had one at one time, but he sold it. He did make the mold off of the steel body.

10. Mattbee

Mattbee

WOW! Do you have any pictures? Info? I would love to hear about it? Did you know Dudley?

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

I guess even an old dog can learn a new trick !,.... guess ya' learn something new every day.... :) Carry on.

12. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

I've replied to Matts PM & will take pics tomorrow & try to post them for everybody. I brought this body all the way from Mi. to So Cal. and now it's wanted in Mi. I should have known I was making a mistake.
    Van

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

Very cool !,..... If this is one of the bodies,.. you won't be able to knock the smile off Matt's face with a 2x4 !,.... And I couldn't think of a better place for it then on a reproduction of the Dudley Proctor "Buntline Special".

And by the way, for a 16 year old kid on a limited budget,... he is really doing a top notch job on the chassis,... And his passion for building this car is something to be admired.

14. Beau

Beau

The world is small.

Good work!

15. Mattbee

Mattbee

Well, after comparing some pictures that Vandy and I had, we have decided that the T-bucket body is not the same. That being said I am still searching for the original T-bucet body or one very simaler. Dudley made more than one of these bodies so there is more than one out there! I am going to be needing a t bucket body here very soon. They have got to be out there, and with the power of the H.A.M.B. we should be able to find them. Here is a better picture of the T-bucket body.

Thanks Matt

[​IMG]

16. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Would you be able to buy another body from say up22 or somewhere and just modify it?

17. Mattbee

Mattbee

I would really like to find an original body that was on the car or one the driver (Dudley Proctor) made, but if worse comes to worse I would buy a new one and modife it, but I really don't want to do that. I know these bodies are out there somewhere.

Matt

18. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

That's a nobel undertaking.