Register now to get rid of these ads!

South Florida "newbie" with '37 Willys

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 1SG, Jul 26, 2012.

1. 1SG

1SG

“It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child…” NO – WAIT. That was Steve Martin, I think. Let me tell you how I got started in streetrodding…there I was, minding my own business, reading this old Auto Trader, when ***BAM*** this 1937 Willys sedan JUMPED from the paper right into my very soul. I HAD to have it…and now that I do, I’ll have it until my dying day. In the early years, I put the 4-door body on an uncut ’84 S-10 Blazer chassis, and I installed a ’95 Corvette LT-1 engine and 4L60E tranny. I added electric seats, windows, and door locks, and then crammed in an AC/heat unit, cruise control and remote start. About 10 years ago, I got involved with the US Army, so my baby waited quietly while I finished my 40 year military career as a First Sergeant (1SG), paralegal NCO and court reporter. Now that I am retired, I am poised to “fit & finish” my baby with a lovely, straight, plain-Jane light red paint job. I would love to hear from any other “home garage” members who live in the south Florida (Ft Lauderdale) area so we can exchange ideas, accomplishments and serious BS stories. I am very happy to be a part of this organization.
    1SG

2. Hell we are all poor. Its an addiction call caroholic more commonly known as can't live without it. But, hell we won't hold that against you . You own a willys (If its Steel its Real) WELCOME!!

3. 1SG

1SG

Yep...it's real steel...and a rust-free Colorado car.

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome to the hamb from a fellow willys owner. Any pictures of your sedan.
    Gasser Girl

5. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Welcome from the west coast of Florida.

Don't just measure wealth in terms of money.

Think about how great it is to have good health and friends and all the other wonderful things we take for granted each day.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life so make it a great one.

Jimbo

6. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome ! Post pics!

7. LAROKE

LAROKE

Welcome!

Some of us oldtimers meet at Einstein's (next to Target) in the Coral Ridge mall at Oakland Park Blvd and US1 on Sunday mornings from 7 to 9 to chew the fat. we drive our rigs and there's usually seven or eight of us with rods and customs on any given sunday. Drop on by.

8. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from a former steel Willys coupe owner from Oklahoma.

9. doc5356

doc5356

Hey 1SG - I've got a Sis that lives in Hollywood - nice weather but to damn many people for this cowboy.
    She does the cruze in seen a lot. Has a red '66 Mustang ragtop - she's also a redhead- talk your ear off. If ya see her tell her I said hello, she won't know what to make of that. hahaha
    Doc

10. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

11. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

welcome from a 37 sedan owner from California

12. Judd

Judd

Welcome from Gautier, MS

Cool old Willys. A freind in Mobile just got a 40 4dr Willys about a month ago. Gasser was the plan but he just found a 41 Pick up yesterday so his plans may change? I think he is gasser56 on this site.

Attached Files:

13. abone1930

abone1930

Yea welcome from another Willys owner 35 panel :)

14. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

I remember a similar story from a few years back from a guy that I talked to in Hollywood. He did the same thing with the S10 chassis and i thought it didn't sound like a good idea. After a few phone conversations I finally met him at the Tower Shops and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked out. The wheels were in the right place and the track was correct and the car had the perfect stance. I was wondering if you are the same guy as I lost track of him. At that time I had an Anglia. Ring a bell?
    Bill Carroll

15. Lil32

Lil32

welcome, show some photos

16. 1SG

1SG

Bill Carroll.....YEP, it's me, from the Tower Shoppes. I need to finish this Willys, so I may as well start TODAY. Would love to catch up with you.
    1SG.

17. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Welcome from North Florida

Godspeed
    MrC.

18. LAROKE

LAROKE

Bill Carroll, along with Rich Martin started the breakfast meet I posted about earlier in this thread.

19. Angliaguy

Angliaguy