Register now to get rid of these ads!

8th anual King of Clubs car show and drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Anyone got pics yet or is everyone still out there partying? Sometimes it sucks living so far away!

2. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Billy from your club posted a video of Hudson Joe winning the flathead race on Facebook, Joe also won best hod rod in the car show. Really missed you buddy, hopefully you can come out next year.

3. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Had a great time there, with the AFX racing group. My Comet's still down, so I worked the camera. For those who ever 'think' they want to attend this event, its a no-brainer. The location is bitchin, the crowd is cool, and the vibe cannot be beat. Thanks for putting it on!! I'll be there next year, and the next!
    Dale
    [​IMG]

4. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

5. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

What time did Joe run?

6. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Miguel

What a incredible show! Really enjoyed the organization at the drivers meeting. This show continues to be the blast.

7. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Thank you Miguel and the Lifters for a good weekend. It's like a little vacation for our club. It was alot of stress getting there but it worked out in the end. I am working on another flathead powered roadster but this time it won't be a lincoln. It will be a ______
    The trophies are very cool and very heavy I had no idea that I won best hotrod trophy also WOW!!!. I do hope that there will be more flatheads next year. Flatheads rule. Marky and Dennis were workin non-stop on the PPE and made some fantastic passes. Kiwi Kev and Squeak showed up with Nasty Habit and that beast pulled a mean weel stand. Towards mid day Billy and Jeff pulled up in their roadsters and the party began. later in the day the girls cooked up a great feast for the winning club. I can't wait for next year my Project X Flathead will be there. On behalf of the Shifters we thank you.

SHIFTRS SO. CAL. HOT RODS TO HELL.................................

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I'll be posting the winners and e.t.'s later, still soaking my sore feet, what a great time and on behalf of the Lifters car club, thanks to all the car clubs for your participation, for without you guys , there would'ent be a show.

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

On the contrary, thank you Joe and all my shifter brothers for your participation.
    Special thanks to kiwi Kevin and Squeek Bell, for years , every time I went to the Ventura Nationals, I would stop by Kiwi kevan's and stare at the "Nasty Habit" and dream of the day it would race at Barona, after sufering a bent axle at the antique nat's, the chances of it showing up to "king of clubs " were slim , but Kevan thrashed on it and squeek delivered it to the show, what a great surprize I had when I saw it pull up to the show, I hope someone got some video of it racing, most my friends that have an all steel willys coupe won't even race them, like kevan said" hey if I wreck it, I'll just fix her again" a true drag racer at heart.

10. photofink

photofink

Had a great time this weekend. I got video of Kev. I'll post it in my pic thread after I'm done with pics.

11. Mike

Mike

Man, what a fun gig! My thanks to Miguel, the Lifters and everyone who makes this deal happen. This race is always well run and a shit load of fun.

My wife and I left Phoenix in my beat up '55 T-Bird at 3:30 am and got to the track just before 10:00am. The T-Bird is no drag car, but I ran it any way just for fun and had a blast.

I also got to race Julio's coupe against Hudson Joe's roadster in the first round of eliminations in the flathead class. Hudson Joe's roadster ran great and he won, but that little coupe really gave him a run for his money. Joe then beat Derby's Model a sedan to take the flathead title. Good on ya Joe, that little roadster is bitchin' little beast.

I'm looking foreward to see what super secret, flathead powered doomsday machine that Joe will bring out next year. The Bean Bandits also have some flathead tricks up our sleeves. Next year should be interesting.

Thanks again to everyone, we just had total blast.

Mike
    Bean Bandits Racing Team
    Rattlers cc AZ

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Had a friggin blast.. Great show this year. Our fellow club member from the helldivers raced his 30, first time for our club and he busted his ass getting it done and what a job he did with that ride. Next year?... Can't wait

13. Miguel, I am so glad I came down. Squeak and I had an absolute blast! The track is really something special, entertainment was awesome, good times! I got to make 6 passes. It wasn't until the 5th run that the car ran cleanly. We were messing with fuel pressure and timing. I changed front axles and springs before this race and then bent this axle on the last run. It only bent because of one of the holes (drilled 40 years ago) being drilled too close to the spring pad. Anyway, should be an easy fix on the car. I came home with this picture taken by the track photographer.
    Big thanks to the Lifters!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  14. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Thanks Miguel and the Lifters for a great show and a good time, We drove down from Oxnard in our pickups. A nice shake down. We will see you guys here for the Ventura Nationals and have a good time at Kevins (saturday) and the Reliablility Run on sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 60'coupe

60'coupe

That is a AWESOME shot ! That should have been the cover of Traditional Rod and Kustom.

60'

16. zeddman

zeddman
    from Orange, CA

On behalf of myself and all fellow Throttle Kings Members, we would like to thank the Lifters for hosting a great show! This was the first year out for most of us members and the first time we brought cars to the track. We are already talking about next year and looking forward to bring out more cars!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  17. what a great time! next year I'm camping out the whole weekend!

18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I really loved your t-bird mike , that thing is bitchen, Racing is what the Bean Bandits do, and for 4 years in a row, they held the flathead title, I am confident your club will provide us with a most exciting race next year, when you guys race Hudson Joe

19. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I have been begging that mag to come down and cover the event for years,so I quit trying

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for making it happen kevin.

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for coming out and glad you guys had a good time.

22. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Miguel, all Lifters & supporters who make this event happen every year, THANKYOU. It just keeps on getting better every year. The "KING" of Clubs is hands down the best fuc*ing event anywhere. I will be posting some video clips hopefully by the weekend.

23. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

This has gotta be one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen! You rule Kev!!!:)

24. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Hey Kev, he got several cool shots of your car! A couple with the car in a wheel stand with the American flag behind it, and one from behind with the car in a wheel stand. Hopefully you got to see all of them. I was pitted across from you with the black 55 and enjoyed just listening everytime you fired up the Willys to go make a pass. Didn't get to see you run until I caught some of the videos after I got home...very cool!

25. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

So that was you I raced against. That was a good run. I still have some work to do on my car. The linkage from my gas pedal to my carbs was off and I was only getting half throttle. I was amazed that it went that fast. We have to keep the flathead class going. Please bring more flatheads. I will bring more too. I will encourage all my flathead buddies to race too. I have alot of hudson buddies with real quick hudson flatheads. Bring some dragsters I know you guys have dragsters.

26. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Should have more clips posted later. Thanks again

27. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Man , this is getting good, any flathead engine is wellcome to race, can't wait till next year.

28. 55belairx2.....I was admiring your car, it's beautiful! I did get the pic with the flag also, I like the pic because of the flag. I'm not a very serious racer so I might as well pull a wheelie and have fun. I need to fine tune the landing, it bounces pretty hard. It has plenty of suspension travel, I think I will try some 50/50 shocks to hopefully absorb some of the bounce.

[​IMG]

29. Jenz38

Jenz38

W O W..............
    Whata Show !!!!!

30. 53inSD

53inSD

Im ready to go back this weekend!